🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

American college of pediatrics reaches decision: Transgenderism of children is child abuse

I don't fit into either "spectrum" or "camp" on this issue >.<

I think it's dangerous for parents to start declaring their 6 year old to be opposite gender because they like dolls or toy cars, but I don't think it's "abuse" so much as well intentioned parents being led down the wrong path by progressive policies. From my perspective, you cannot start addressing gender identity issues until sex is "a part of" their lives because it just doesn't become "real" until then. It's like... hmmm this might be a bit hard to follow for some of you linear thinkers but give it a shot; so when I was young I spent over a year pretending I was a dog, slept on a dog bed, ate out of dog bowls, etc. My mother being a liberal humored it, even facilitated it, because the common perception was that kids fantasies and pretending like that was healthy. Now imagine if my mother had started injecting me with dog DNA to "humor" my whims. This is kind of how I see the whole gender id thing with young kids. I just don't see young kids really having a clue.

Another analogy; I was a huge tomboy, tree climbing, hated dresses, I played soldier/war games, and with hot cars, never did dolls or house or any of that "girly" stuff, etc. and while it is true that even now at 43 I do lean toward the "male" gender ID, I have no desire to be a man. Now with that in mind, consider if my mother had noted my "tom boy" traits and started giving me transition drugs. I do not think I would be happy as a man, nor do I think I should have been given drugs at that age to become a man. And the worst part in my mind is that when I was a kid, even into HS and shit, I wouldn't have /known/ what I wanted. Like the pretending to be a dog thing, sure I wanted to do all the stuff the boys did, dirt bikes and mud pies, etc. but the concept of - I want to be a man when I grow up, or I want to only sleep with girls, or I want a wife when I grow up wasn't really a factor. Even when I became sexually active I wasn't sure where I stood so really for my mother to have made the decision for me to be a boy back then would have been a mistake. (And yes, it's entirely possible I'm wrong on this because I'm Bi not a lesbian, but I'll tell you most of my LGB folks also didn't "really" figure out where they were on their gender ID's until they had been sexually active for a while and had done some... shall we say, "experimentation.")

Forum List

Back