American killed by bow and arrow trying to visit forbidden North Sentinel Island...

More than likely they don't need doctors, dentists, vaccines or our technologies because THEY AREN'T SUFFERING!!!

They are probably more healthy than most other peoples anywhere...…..why???? Because they don't let outsiders in.
And there it is! You think they live in some kind of utopia because you're a naive fool. There is undoubtedly tremendous suffering in that tribe all year every year.

So how the hell do you know or can you prove they are suffering in any way????? And just what are they suffering from?

You do realize that with an isolated tribe AKA no contact with the outside world...….they would have NO access to germs, viruses that would make them sick? If they did, then the tribe would have been wiped out years ago
These people are practically midgets due to malnutrition. No tribe is ever doing good; certainly not by our standards. In fact, if a man decided to take his family to some remote spot, stop wearing clothes, using no technology (not even fire), never allowing their children access to medicine or doctors, no school, etc, you would want his kids to be taken away and youd be right. That is no life for a human being.

You guys need to stop thinking its so cool to be a fucking cave man. It isnt cool. Those people would be so much better off with real world help, whether they know it or not.

You still don't get it do you? For the last time...…..if they were in such dire straits, the tribe would have died off many years ago. Their primitive lifestyle has been the same for many generations and they are still in existence. Just because they aren't living up to your ideal standards, doesn't mean they are suffering in any way.

And you're wrong about what I think of someone that chooses to leave the high tech world behind in favor of living a more recluse lifestyle. Anyone that does and can make a go of it is applauded...….but there is a big difference between this and not knowing any different like this tribe.

Your judgement and opinion of what the ideal life should be...….is just that, your ideal

Who cares cares about casting judgement on their lifestyle?!

The issue is they committed a murder!

Please think before you post!

Godboy is the one casting judgement with their lifestyle.

He's pissed because they don't have 'all the luxuries of the modern age' at their disposal. Please read the string before you quote!

BTW...…..the guy was trespassing and violating a foreign country's law...…..they were within their rights.

These people are practically midgets due to malnutrition. No tribe is ever doing good; certainly not by our standards. In fact, if a man decided to take his family to some remote spot, stop wearing clothes, using no technology (not even fire), never allowing their children access to medicine or doctors, no school, etc, you would want his kids to be taken away and youd be right. That is no life for a human being.

You guys need to stop thinking its so cool to be a fucking cave man. It isnt cool. Those people would be so much better off with real world help, whether they know it or not.

You still don't get it do you? For the last time...…..if they were in such dire straits, the tribe would have died off many years ago. Their primitive lifestyle has been the same for many generations and they are still in existence. Just because they aren't living up to your ideal standards, doesn't mean they are suffering in any way.

And you're wrong about what I think of someone that chooses to leave the high tech world behind in favor of living a more recluse lifestyle. Anyone that does and can make a go of it is applauded...….but there is a big difference between this and not knowing any different like this tribe.

Your judgement and opinion of what the ideal life should be...….is just that, your ideal

They killed a trespasser , you think.

Always do

If I killed an illegal, I would be on trial for murder, correct? One good reason why these savages shouldn’t face consequences of their actions?

You can kill a us citizen on tresspasing on your property in most places.

Who’s personal property did this doofus missionary invade?

And there it is! You think they live in some kind of utopia because you're a naive fool. There is undoubtedly tremendous suffering in that tribe all year every year.

So how the hell do you know or can you prove they are suffering in any way????? And just what are they suffering from?

You do realize that with an isolated tribe AKA no contact with the outside world...….they would have NO access to germs, viruses that would make them sick? If they did, then the tribe would have been wiped out years ago

He's pissed because they don't have 'all the luxuries of the modern age' at their disposal. Please read the string before you quote!

BTW...…..the guy was trespassing and violating a foreign country's law...…..they were within their rights.
No, ive clearly stated that i dont condone them murdering people. Do you have any arguments against that?

North Sentinel Island - Wikipedia
Wikipedia › wiki › North_Sentinel_Island

North Sentinel Island is one of the Andaman Islands, which includes South Sentinel Island, in the Bay of Bengal. ... In practice, Indian authorities recognise the islanders' desire to be left alone and restrict their role to remote monitoring; they do not prosecute them for killing non-Sentinelese people.

Population rank: -1

Population: 40 (2011); (census estimate, actual population highly uncertain) May be ...

Area: 59.67 km2 (23.04 sq mi)
Missing: un ‎| ‎Must include

These people are practically midgets due to malnutrition. No tribe is ever doing good; certainly not by our standards. In fact, if a man decided to take his family to some remote spot, stop wearing clothes, using no technology, never allowing their children access to medicine or doctors, no school, etc, you would want his kids to be taken away and youd be right. That is no life for a human being.

Is your real name Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

She would undoubtedly be on YOUR side of this debate, so that was a swing and a miss.

No she would be on yours ..you think the US laws apply around the world.

Forget about specific laws. It’s embedded in human DNA to understand taking a life in wrong. One way or another, the savages should pay

Then why are thousands of baby's killed a year?

All those wrongs don’t make this action right. It’s natural law that killing is the worst offense one commit.

Always do

If I killed an illegal, I would be on trial for murder, correct? One good reason why these savages shouldn’t face consequences of their actions?

Name on place where im allowed to kill someone, merely for stepping in my yard.

Always do

It's there fucking island idiot..the India laws reconizre that

After reading the first few pages of this thread, I’m thinking that you guys should read Jim Elliot’s story. After five missionaries were speared to death in a South American jungle, back in the 50s… it wasn’t all for nothing. Instead of getting angry and wanting revenge, all the wives of those slain missionaries showed love and forgiveness...and later, nearly the entire tribe came to Christ.

It started off as likely the most murderous tribe in the world, where the average man died young due to all the killing...but later was transformed in a major way, because of the actions of the missionaries’ wives. (But ultimately it was a God thing.)

They made a movie about it, called End of the Spear. But the movie wasn’t as good as the biography I read. Truly amazing story.

Always do

Where they threatening you?

Always do

Are you for or against shooting illegal aliens on sight in the US?

Always do

The native people of India are not subject to US laws, but a US citizen traveling to India is subject to their local laws.

IF that guy had left the first time he was shot and went back to the mainland India...….he would be in their prison for violating the their law that that island was off limits. The guy knew it and so did the fishermen that took him there and who are now being charged with his murder, because they knew what would happen to him when he got there.

Always do

Was he threatening them?

Always do

Dumbass. I just told you we’re not talking about laws. Let me ask you a question. Do you condone the murder of this missionary? Yes or no

Is your real name Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

She would undoubtedly be on YOUR side of this debate, so that was a swing and a miss.

No she would be on yours ..you think the US laws apply around the world.

Forget about specific laws. It’s embedded in human DNA to understand taking a life in wrong. One way or another, the savages should pay

Then why are thousands of baby's killed a year?

All those wrongs don’t make this action right. It’s natural law that killing is the worst offense one commit.

They are a race of people that want to be left alone.. it's there island and India acknowledge it ..

Always do

You’re continuing to move the goal posts

Always do

Dumbass. I just told you we’re not talking about laws. Let me ask you a question. Do you condone the murder of this missionary? Yes or no

Was he trespassing on an acknowledged island off limits?

Always do

Can i kill you for stepping into my yard with a clearly visible "do not trespass" sign in it?

Always do

You’re continuing to move the goal posts

I didn't make the goal posts, you and doodo head don't have the brain power between you to figure out this island is a unique ecosystem that must be preserved ..

American killed by bow and arrow-wielding tribe while trying to visit remote Indian island

An American tourist trying to visit a lush, remote island in India has been killed by a tribe completely cut off from the outside world and known to attack outsiders with bows and arrows, police revealed Wednesday.

Indian officials have identified the victim as John Allen Chau, 27. They added that he was illegally ferried by fishermen to North Sentinel Island last week, part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal between India and Burma.

“Adventure awaits. So do leeches,” read the final post on his Instagram account, dated Nov. 2. On his Facebook profile, Chau described himself as a “soccer coach, traveller, and writer.” He often posted images of his worldwide exploits online, such as hikes in Washington state and prior trips to India.

Dependera Pathak, director-general of police on India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands, told the Associated Press that Chau arrived in the region on Oct. 16 and stayed in a hotel while he prepared to visit the prohibited island.

He said Chau organized his visit to the island through a friend who hired seven fishermen for $325 to take him there on a boat, which also towed his kayak.

Chau went ashore in his kayak on Nov. 15 and sent the boat with the fishermen out to sea to avoid detection, Pathak said. He interacted with some of the tribespeople, giving them gifts he had prepared such as a football and fish. But the tribespeople became angry and shot an arrow at him which apparently hit a book he was carrying, Pathak said.

The American's kayak became damaged, so he swam to the fishermen's boat, which was waiting at a prearranged location. There he spent the night and wrote out his experiences on pages of paper which he gave to the fishermen, Pathak said.

In one of the notes handed over, according to the New York Times, Chau wrote about Jesus bestowing him with the strength to visit some of the most forbidden places on Earth.

Chau then set off for the island again the following day. Sources who spoke to AFP though said once he set foot on shore, he was “attacked by arrows but he continued walking.

“The fishermen saw the tribals tying a rope around his neck and dragging his body,” one source added.

Following Chau's death, the fishermen left for Port Blair, the capital of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, where they informed Chau's friend, who notified his family, Pathak said.

He said the family got in touch with Indian police and U.S. consular officials.

"It was a case of misdirected adventure," he added.

The body, according to Reuters, has not yet been recovered as of Wednesday, and those who took him to the island are said to have been arrested.

"The investigation in this matter is on," senior police officer Deepak Yadav said, announcing that the seven fishermen have been taken into custody.

Did this dummy spend even five minutes Googling "North Sentinel Island" before going on his "adventure"? Turns out they don't like visitors.

Actually he had already been there 2 to 3 times before and had made communications with the tribe. On this trip, he had planned to start living there with the tribe... I guess something must have gotten lost in translation.

Can i kill you for stepping into my yard with a clearly visible "do not trespass" sign in it?

You don't have a yard, you don't even have the money to rent an apartment.

Forum List

Back