Americans prefer to live where they can own guns and protect themselves...thank goodness.....

Contrary to the lies of the NRA, gun control does not mean banning guns.
The NRA has never limited its definition of, or opposition to, gun control as 'banning guns'.
The NRA opposes any restriction that does nothng to prevent criminals from getting guns and/or infringes on the right to keep and bear arms.
.Maybe if you actually read what the NRA says, you'd know that.
The majority of us, in the middle, agree that law abiding folks should be allowed to own and carry guns for their protection. We differ only on how that is to be regulated.
Do tell.... how do you think owning/carrying a gun should be regulated?
I have read their nonsense. You, apparently, believe it. Too bad for you.
Since there are no communities in the US were "nobody is allowed to be armed", that is kind of a silly poll.
Irrelevant.
The question:
"Would you feel safer moving to a neighborhood where nobody was allowed to own a gun or a neighborhood where you could have a gun for your own protection?"
And so, if there was such a neighborhood, only 22% would feel safer living there.
There are no such neighborhoods so it is a stupid question.

Try owning a gun in New York City. Hell try owning a FAKE gun in New York City...legally that is.
I read that a permit to own a gun in NYC costs close to $500, which the left is perfectly OK with.
Imagine their screeches if you needed a $500 permit for an abortion.

Imagine if we forced them to pay for our gun permits and fees the way they want us to pay for their birth control......imagine their heads exploding................

The NRA has never limited its definition of, or opposition to, gun control as 'banning guns'.
The NRA opposes any restriction that does nothng to prevent criminals from getting guns and/or infringes on the right to keep and bear arms.
The majority of us, in the middle, agree that law abiding folks should be allowed to own and carry guns for their protection. We differ only on how that is to be regulated.
I see you failed to answer my question/. Why is that?
How do you think owning/carrying a gun should be regulated?

Since there are no communities in the US were "nobody is allowed to be armed", that is kind of a silly poll.
Irrelevant.
The question:
"Would you feel safer moving to a neighborhood where nobody was allowed to own a gun or a neighborhood where you could have a gun for your own protection?"
And so, if there was such a neighborhood, only 22% would feel safer living there.
There are no such neighborhoods so it is a stupid question.
The fact that there are no such neighborhoods is, again, irrelevant as the question asks for a preference.
If there was such a neighborhood, only 22% would feel safer living there; the fact that there are no such neighborhoods has no bearing on that.

Try owning a gun in New York City. Hell try owning a FAKE gun in New York City...legally that is.
I read that a permit to own a gun in NYC costs close to $500, which the left is perfectly OK with.
.Imagine if we forced them to pay for our gun permits and fees the way they want us to pay for their birth control......imagine their heads exploding................
Liberals, the self-described champions of the poor and middle class, only want rich people to have guns

Imagine if we forced them to pay for our gun permits and fees the way they want us to pay for their birth control......imagine their heads exploding................

Imagine if every gun owner had to pay for the healthcare of every gun violence victim.

Imagine if every gun owner had to pay for the healthcare of every gun violence victim.
Imagine if you addressed questions pertaining to your statements and positions with intellectual honesty.

I found this linked at extranosalley.....and it points out that most Americans are intelligent...and know that only they can protect themselves when they are confronted by a violent criminal attacker.....

Americans Prefer Living in Neighborhoods With Guns - Rasmussen Reports

American Voters overwhelming prefer living in a neighborhood where they have the option of owning a gun than to live where nobody is allowed to be armed.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 22% of Likely U.S. Voters would feel safer living in a neighborhood where nobody was allowed to own a gun over one where they could have a gun for their own protection. Sixty-eight percent (68%) would feel safer in a neighborhood where guns are allowed, while 10% are not sure. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The national survey of 977 Likely Voters was conducted on June 8-9, 2015 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Fieldwork for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC . See methodology.

Try getting one in New York.
I don't live in New York. Do you?

No, I choose to live where I CAN own guns. See, the survey is accurate!

Imagine if every progressive had to pay for the healthcare for everyone denied a gun who truly needed one and were forced to wait 15 days. Days they couldn't afford to wait.

"When Carol Bowne felt the threat of domestic violence, the petite hairdresser took steps to protect herself.

The Berlin Township woman got a restraining order against a former boyfriend, installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun, friends said.

But it wasn't enough.

Bowne, 39, was stabbed to death in the driveway of her Patton Avenue home on Wednesday night."

Woman fatally stabbed in Berlin Twp.

Imagine if you addressed questions pertaining to your statements and positions with intellectual honesty.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Imagine if every progressive had to pay for the healthcare for everyone denied a gun who truly needed one and were forced to wait 15 days. Days they couldn't afford to wait.

"When Carol Bowne felt the threat of domestic violence, the petite hairdresser took steps to protect herself.

The Berlin Township woman got a restraining order against a former boyfriend, installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun, friends said.

But it wasn't enough.

Bowne, 39, was stabbed to death in the driveway of her Patton Avenue home on Wednesday night."

It's your right to own a gun. It's the government's obligation to ensure that those who don't have that right don't get their hands on one. Consider it doing you a favor.

"Americans prefer to live where they can own guns and protect themselves...thank goodness....."

Which would be anywhere in the United States.

But it wasn't enough.

It's your right to own a gun. It's the government's obligation to ensure that those who don't have that right don't get their hands on one. Consider it doing you a favor.

The problems begin when the government intrudes to the point that they make it difficult, or impossible for the good people to own weapons. And the government just LOVES to intrude, now doesn't it.

Thank you for helping to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and.or dishonesty.

It's your right to own a gun. It's the government's obligation to ensure that those who don't have that right don't get their hands on one.
Snicker....
How is that an obligation of the state?
How effective has the state been at meeting that obligation?
How does that obligation triumph over the rights of the law abiding?

Thank you for helping to prove that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and.or dishonesty.

Pardon me, but I'm not the one emotionally attached to guns.

Your response does noting to negate, and in fact only reinforces, mine.

Your response does noting to negate, and in fact only reinforces, mine.

And yet here you are arguing from your emotional attachment to guns.

Forum List

Back