Americans prefer to live where they can own guns and protect themselves...thank goodness.....

In what alternative universe? If there are no guns, there can be no gun deaths.
Yawn.
~300,000,000 gun in the US.
8454 run-related murders in the US (2013)
99.997182% of the guns in the US are not involved in a murder.
You look at an act committed with one gun, you argue against the existence of the ~35,000 that were not involved in such an act.
No thinking person finds any sense in that.
I just think it is pathetic that you have to use the number of guns that exist in the country as an excuse for the fact that more people in the U.S. died of gun-related deaths....
I'm sorry... you;d rather argue numbers without any context?
I mean sure, it makes your argument look better, but isn't it a little dishonest?

Dishonest is using the total number of guns. Gun owners don't even have enough hands to fire them all.

Yawn.
You look at an act committed with one gun, you argue against the existence of the ~35,000 that were not involved in such an act.
I just think it is pathetic that you have to use the number of guns that exist in the country as an excuse for the fact that more people in the U.S. died of gun-related deaths....
I mean sure, it makes your argument look better, but isn't it a little dishonest?

It isn't a little dishonest...it is completely dishonest...but that is all they have...the truth and reality do not back up their fear of guns....

Yawn.

The fact that there are so many guns doesn't support the notion that they are preventing deaths. They aren't. Otherwise, there would not be more deaths in this country than American soldiers who died in the entire Iraq war.

Yawn.

It isn't a little dishonest...it is completely dishonest...but that is all they have...the truth and reality do not back up their fear of guns....

Reality doesn't back up your fear of being killed by a criminal. Nor does it support your crazy surveys.

Yawn.

Reality doesn't back up your fear of being killed by a criminal. Nor does it support your crazy surveys.

Good....explain that to the people who were raped, beaten, stabbed, tortured, kidnapped and murdered...they will be glad to hear that what they experienced did not happen........and each one of them woke up that morning never thinking that their day would end with their rape, beating, stabbing, kidnapping or murder.......just like you brain....I hope tomorrow doesn't end up for you like it did for them...

The fact that there are so many guns doesn't support the notion that they are preventing deaths. They aren't. Otherwise, there would not be more deaths in this country than American soldiers who died in the entire Iraq war.
Fact: >99.997% of the guns in the US are NOT involved in a murder.
Fact: For every gun in the US involved in a murder in the US,. >35,000 are not.
Whatever argument you want to make regarding the number of gun related murders in the US and how it illustrates a "need" for further run control, these facts negate it.

I'm an American who prefers to live where I DON'T have to carry a gun to protect myself.
That would be a place where you believe gun control is unnecessary.
I didn't say I lived in such a place.
You said you would prefer to live there, so I assumed you did not.
My point remains: that would be a place where you believe gun control is unnecessary.
It would be a place where gun control would be unnecessary because there would be no private gun ownership, particularly handguns.
Ok... and?
Is there such a place in the US?
If you live in a place where gun control is necessary, how does it not follow that you then need a weapon for your own protection?

Because I am not paranoid, nor in fear of my life. If I was, I'd friggin move. The U.S. is a big place, dude. If I had to worry about whether I was going to die every time I stepped out of my door, I'd be a shut in. And I refuse to let that happen. I prefer to use my best weapon - my mind.

Good....explain that to the people who were raped, beaten, stabbed, tortured, kidnapped and murdered...they will be glad to hear that what they experienced did not happen........and each one of them woke up that morning never thinking that their day would end with their rape, beating, stabbing, kidnapping or murder.......just like you brain....I hope tomorrow doesn't end up for you like it did for them...
Brain will only lie to you.
He takes great pride in this.

That would be a place where you believe gun control is unnecessary.
I didn't say I lived in such a place.
You said you would prefer to live there, so I assumed you did not.
My point remains: that would be a place where you believe gun control is unnecessary.
It would be a place where gun control would be unnecessary because there would be no private gun ownership, particularly handguns.
Ok... and?
Is there such a place in the US?
If you live in a place where gun control is necessary, how does it not follow that you then need a weapon for your own protection?

Because I am not paranoid, nor in fear of my life. If I was, I'd friggin move. The U.S. is a big place, dude. If I had to worry about whether I was going to die every time I stepped out of my door, I'd be a shut in. And I refuse to let that happen. I prefer to use my best weapon - my mind.

Yes.....let me know how that works out for you if you ever face an actual violent predator......I will sit entranced by your story......

Yawn.

As you know most of those crimes are thug on thug. You have stated that many times. So if you aren't involved in criminal activity they are very unlikely to happen. So unlikely you are more likely to be accidently shot and killed than intentionally killed.

yeah...I feel less inclined to debate him as time goes on.......one can only debate the insane for so long......

That would be you. You only lie and argue from emotion.

As you know most of those crimes are thug on thug. You have stated that many times. So if you aren't involved in criminal activity they are very unlikely to happen. So unlikely you are more likely to be accidently shot and killed than intentionally killed.

And you prove M14 right in the very next post....I have never stated that....that is the lie you push to help your gun grabbing beliefs.....

And with 320 million guns in private hands...and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......your odds of dying from a gun accident are almost zero....

yeah...I feel less inclined to debate him as time goes on.......one can only debate the insane for so long......

Insane is believing in surveys that are supported by NOTHING in REALITY. In fact all the stats from reality counter them.

Fact is DGUs are rare. Most people haven't had one. Most people don't even know anyone who has had one. You haven't had one and I haven't had one. Your own experience is counter to your claims. Now that is insane.

Whatever argument you want to make regarding the number of gun related murders in the US and how it illustrates a "need" for further run control, these facts negate it.

No, actually, they don't. The U.S., in 2011, had 10.3 gun-related deaths per 100,000. That is just below the rate we see in Mexico. Regardless of the number of guns in the hands of the population, the number of gun fatalities in this country each year is a national scandal.

Insane is believing in surveys that are supported by NOTHING in REALITY. In fact all the stats from reality counter them.

Fact is DGUs are rare. Most people haven't had one. Most people don't even know anyone who has had one. You haven't had one and I haven't had one. Your own experience is counter to your claims. Now that is insane.

And 2 million people a year on average do use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.......moron...

And you prove M14 right in the very next post....I have never stated that....that is the lie you push to help your gun grabbing beliefs.....

And with 320 million guns in private hands...and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......your odds of dying from a gun accident are almost zero....

Really? You have never stated most are crime is thug on thug? That is an important defense of one of your claims. Must I really go find one of the times you have claimed that?

Yes and still greater than your odds of being killed in a homicide if you aren't involved in criminal activity.

No, actually, they don't. The U.S., in 2011, had 10.3 gun-related deaths per 100,000. That is just below the rate we see in Mexico. Regardless of the number of guns in the hands of the population, the number of gun fatalities in this country each year is a national scandal.

Moron...they include suicides in that number....there are only 8,454 gun murders in 2013.......gun grabber nuts always throw in suicide to push up their numbers......

Forum List

Back