🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Americans who live near border say Trump's wall is unwelcome

Well, I thought it best to use your wording, because all trump vigilantes go bananas if we use the correct legal word, which is "undocumented alien".

Undocumented alien describes someone who should be denied entrance into the United States, and if they do avoid being turned back at the border, when they are caught violating another of our laws, they should be sent back to the country they came from.

TT, just what part of "innocent until proven guilty" do you not understand? I live 30 miles from the border. There is no law that I must carry "documentation". In fact, I don't even have to produce it when the border patrol demands, unless they have probable cause. Jesus, don't schools teach anything about the constitution anymore? Witness the following:

I guess that there is no real reason to be embarrassed that you don't know the law. After all, Trump doesn't either.

Is this clear enough for you?

"To control immigration, many countries set up customs at entry points. Some common location for entry points are airports and roads near the border. At the customs department, travel documents are inspected. Some required documents are a passport, an international certificate of vaccination and an onward ticket. Sometimes travelers are also required to declare or register the amount of money they are carrying."

TT, have you even ever BEEN to the Mexican border? Of course they require paperwork to get through the entry point. How the hell is Trump going to round up and deport 12 million illegal immigrants at the entry point? Send out a notice on Latino radio stations telling them all to report to the nearest entry point? Are you really that obtuse? What the hell does an entry point have to do with building a $15 billion wall? And, while we are at it, all you need is a vsa to get past the entry point. Half of the undocumented aliens in this country walked right through the entry point with a visa, and simply did not go home after it expired. How the hell is a wall going to stop that? The whole concept of what he has been promising you guys is too ridiculous to even be taken seriously.

I have been to the Mexican border and have spent several months in Mexico on several different occasions as if that is any of your business. Who do you think issued those Visas?

There are THOUSANDS of illegal aliens entering the US every day and they aren't going thru a legal entry point in case you missed it. That makes then in violation of US Immigration law and are guilty until proven innocent.

Guilty, until proven innocent? I think that you have entered a time warp and are posting from 1940 Germany.

Either way, not one of them will be deported involuntarily without a trial. That is their right, and they are assigned an attorney to make sure that their rights are not violated.

Undocumented alien describes someone who should be denied entrance into the United States, and if they do avoid being turned back at the border, when they are caught violating another of our laws, they should be sent back to the country they came from.

TT, just what part of "innocent until proven guilty" do you not understand? I live 30 miles from the border. There is no law that I must carry "documentation". In fact, I don't even have to produce it when the border patrol demands, unless they have probable cause. Jesus, don't schools teach anything about the constitution anymore? Witness the following:

I guess that there is no real reason to be embarrassed that you don't know the law. After all, Trump doesn't either.

"To control immigration, many countries set up customs at entry points. Some common location for entry points are airports and roads near the border. At the customs department, travel documents are inspected. Some required documents are a passport, an international certificate of vaccination and an onward ticket. Sometimes travelers are also required to declare or register the amount of money they are carrying."

TT, have you even ever BEEN to the Mexican border? Of course they require paperwork to get through the entry point. How the hell is Trump going to round up and deport 12 million illegal immigrants at the entry point? Send out a notice on Latino radio stations telling them all to report to the nearest entry point? Are you really that obtuse? What the hell does an entry point have to do with building a $15 billion wall? And, while we are at it, all you need is a vsa to get past the entry point. Half of the undocumented aliens in this country walked right through the entry point with a visa, and simply did not go home after it expired. How the hell is a wall going to stop that? The whole concept of what he has been promising you guys is too ridiculous to even be taken seriously.

I have been to the Mexican border and have spent several months in Mexico on several different occasions as if that is any of your business. Who do you think issued those Visas?

There are THOUSANDS of illegal aliens entering the US every day and they aren't going thru a legal entry point in case you missed it. That makes then in violation of US Immigration law and are guilty until proven innocent.

Guilty, until proven innocent? I think that you have entered a time warp and are posting from 1940 Germany.

Either way, not one of them will be deported involuntarily without a trial. That is their right, and they are assigned an attorney to make sure that their rights are not violated.

Here is part of Immigration law as I understand it.

"Non-citizens have the right to a lawyer, as well as other rights under the U.S. Constitution. The immigration authorities cannot simply deport someone without providing a chance to be heard.

Of course, the authorities often try to make the process go quickly, by asking the immigrant to sign something agreeing to depart without a hearing. In some cases, when the immigrant really is in the U.S. illegally with no defense to removal, leaving voluntarily can be the best way to go, because it avoids having an order of deportation on one's record.

But anyone who believes they might have a right to remain in the U.S. should insist on their right to a lawyer (which they will, unfortunately, have to pay for on their own) and to a hearing on the merits of their case.

A non-citizen who hasn't yet entered the U.S. does not have the same rights, and is subject to expedited removal. In other words, the person can simply be refused entry unless he or she has a legitimate fear of persecution if forced to return to his or her home country. In the latter case, the immigration officials must allow the person's asylum claim to be heard."

How many of these illegal aliens do you think have the money to pay for a lawyer?
Having the right to a lawyer and paying for one are not the same thing.

Here is part of Immigration law as I understand it.

"Non-citizens have the right to a lawyer, as well as other rights under the U.S. Constitution. The immigration authorities cannot simply deport someone without providing a chance to be heard.

Of course, the authorities often try to make the process go quickly, by asking the immigrant to sign something agreeing to depart without a hearing. In some cases, when the immigrant really is in the U.S. illegally with no defense to removal, leaving voluntarily can be the best way to go, because it avoids having an order of deportation on one's record.

But anyone who believes they might have a right to remain in the U.S. should insist on their right to a lawyer (which they will, unfortunately, have to pay for on their own) and to a hearing on the merits of their case.

A non-citizen who hasn't yet entered the U.S. does not have the same rights, and is subject to expedited removal. In other words, the person can simply be refused entry unless he or she has a legitimate fear of persecution if forced to return to his or her home country. In the latter case, the immigration officials must allow the person's asylum claim to be heard."

How many of these illegal aliens do you think have the money to pay for a lawyer?
Having the right to a lawyer and paying for one are not the same thing.

Well, it looked like you were making progress in your understanding of immigration law, until you got to the part where you explained the removal process of an undocumented alien who had not yet entered the US in the first place.

As for a lawyer, anyone charged with any crime in the US has a right to a court appointed lawyer for free.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/us/split-second-justice-as-us-cracks-down-on-border-crossers.html

Forum List

Back