America's over reliance on sanctions

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The main tool in the US economic arsenal seems to be sanctions against countries that do not do what we tell them to do.

These often back fire and never end up hurting those we are trying to control.

This OpEd is a good example of this. We are pushing what could be a vital ally into the arms of China.

I have stated my disapproval of our sanctions where a country won't bend to our every will and it's been noted many times how China will rise to power by working with countries as opposed to against them, but why do we need Pakistan?

I have stated my disapproval of our sanctions where a country won't bend to our every will and it's been noted many times how China will rise to power by working with countries as opposed to against them, but why do we need Pakistan?
We don't. They harbor Terrorist. They are with us only because they want to get paid. Furthermore, they are not really with us.

The main tool in the US economic arsenal seems to be sanctions against countries that do not do what we tell them to do.

These often back fire and never end up hurting those we are trying to control.

This OpEd is a good example of this. We are pushing what could be a vital ally into the arms of China.
sanctions are more of a diplomatic signal than anything else.

most of the nations with sanctions are places ruled by guys who just don't care if their people suffer.

Not sure need is the right word, but we have few allies in that region and the one we did have we have driven into the arms of China.

Forum List

Back