Amtrack Driver Did Not Mention He Was Driving 80 MPH When Calling For Help.

I wonder why the media hasn't mentioned this yet?

DRXbdVcWkAACL1o

i still found the emergency call a bit peculiar, normally when people call 911, they will give the facts to the operator, and here we are, all the driver said was that he was down, cars fell off the tracks, and no mention of how he got to this point? this is like a drunk driver,plowing into a tree at 45mph, a bit dazed, calls 911, just tells the operator, ahhm,,i dont know what happened? I was driving down a street I usually drive on, and next thing you know, my front end is wrapped around a tree.
The driver DID NOT CALL 911!!!!!!!!!
Someone rolled a truck onto the tracks.
ANYONE can see the impact damage the lead engine incurred.

i still found the emergency call a bit peculiar, normally when people call 911, they will give the facts to the operator, and here we are, all the driver said was that he was down, cars fell off the tracks, and no mention of how he got to this point? this is like a drunk driver,plowing into a tree at 45mph, a bit dazed, calls 911, just tells the operator, ahhm,,i dont know what happened? I was driving down a street I usually drive on, and next thing you know, my front end is wrapped around a tree.
Supposedly the engineer hit his head, his eyes were swollen shut.and was bleeding from the head. Probably not tracking right during that call.
well he seemed as coherent as Nancy Pelosi when I heard the call

Update-two hours ago:

Snips:

Careening around a curve at almost three times the speed limit, an Amtrak train derailed and hurled passenger cars off an overpass and onto rush hour traffic below -- killing three people and injuring more than 100 others.

Yet Positive Train Control -- technology
that automatically slows down and stops a speeding train -- wasn't activated, much to the dismay of the NTSB official.

"We have recommended PTC for decades," Dinh-Zarr told CNN on Tuesday. "Unfortunately the deadline was moved farther into the future, and every year that we wait to implement PTC to its fullest extent means that more people will be killed and injured."

Amtrak train was speeding significantly before crash - CNN

Update-two hours ago:

Snips:

Careening around a curve at almost three times the speed limit, an Amtrak train derailed and hurled passenger cars off an overpass and onto rush hour traffic below -- killing three people and injuring more than 100 others.

that automatically slows down and stops a speeding train -- wasn't activated, much to the dismay of the NTSB official.

"We have recommended PTC for decades," Dinh-Zarr told CNN on Tuesday. "Unfortunately the deadline was moved farther into the future, and every year that we wait to implement PTC to its fullest extent means that more people will be killed and injured."

so it wasnt an obese reindeer crossing the track?

I don't think many people would take a curve like that even in a car at that speed. You might make it, and then again, you might not.

:slap: :dunno: By now, we all heard the call. The driver tells the operator that he has crashed, cars have fallen off the tracks, etc. Yet it sounded as if he was saying, "Uhm, I really don't know what happened, I was just driving on the tracks here and suddenly, I flew right off the tracks, no idea how that happened. :eusa_think:
And last night going into today we are learning he was driving 80 in a 30 mile hr zone. Hmm, maybe he should of told the operator this?
:eusa_snooty:
The operator didn't ask how he fell off the tracks, but can you imagine if he/she did? You think the driver would of brought up his driving speed?
:eusa_sick:

The 'driver' didn't make the 911 call, another crew member did.

Update-two hours ago:

Snips:

You know, this is looking more and more like the twin of that last train derailment where they were going too fast for the curve there as well.

And yeah, PTC was talked about quite a bit and Amtrack said they were going to start putting it on tracks to avoid situations like this.

This was a new line. It was just built and was on its maiden run. Why didn't they put PTC on that line?

:slap: :dunno: By now, we all heard the call. The driver tells the operator that he has crashed, cars have fallen off the tracks, etc. Yet it sounded as if he was saying, "Uhm, I really don't know what happened, I was just driving on the tracks here and suddenly, I flew right off the tracks, no idea how that happened. :eusa_think:
And last night going into today we are learning he was driving 80 in a 30 mile hr zone. Hmm, maybe he should of told the operator this?
:eusa_snooty:
The operator didn't ask how he fell off the tracks, but can you imagine if he/she did? You think the driver would of brought up his driving speed?
:eusa_sick:

That was the conductor, not the engineer.

The engineer was hurt.

Have a nice day! :D

He was NOT the driver.

Don't trains have brakes anymore? Anyone driving?
This is the problem with all that automatic shit. If it isn't working, you're in trouble.
The engineer was driving the train, nothing automatic is on there to stop it.

We live in a world where airplanes take off and land themselves, trucks and cars drive themselves, we have transit trains running without a human operator and yet a train that goes on the same track everyday doesn't use an automated system. It boggles my mind.

This is the problem with all that automatic shit. If it isn't working, you're in trouble.

We live in a world where airplanes take off and land themselves, trucks and cars drive themselves, we have transit trains running without a human operator and yet a train that goes on the same track everyday doesn't use an automated system. It boggles my mind.

You know, you've got a point Papa. We've got a whole bunch of transportation that can safely drive itself, but trains are still left in the dark ages.

Why?

You know, you've got a point Papa. We've got a whole bunch of transportation that can safely drive itself, but trains are still left in the dark ages.

Why?

They don't go anywhere except where the tracks run.

I'll bet Hillary Clinton or some other liberal had something to do with that rain leaving the tracks. I have heard that she is ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road. Maybe it was trying to get on the interstate to avoid her!

Why?

I'll bet Hillary Clinton or some other liberal had something to do with that rain leaving the tracks. I have heard that she is ugly enough to make a train take a dirt road. Maybe it was trying to get on the interstate to avoid her!

Self driving cars stay on the roads. What's your point? If they had some kind of automatic driving system they wouldn't take curves at higher than suggested speeds. That is kinda what the PTC system is supposed to do.

Why?

Self driving cars stay on the roads. What's your point? If they had some kind of automatic driving system they wouldn't take curves at higher than suggested speeds. That is kinda what the PTC system is supposed to do.

Those things cost money. Why do we need a redundant system? Isn't that why that Amtrak soaks up so many tax dollars already?

Forum List

Back