An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

You are the one that want to be a protected class, you explain. I believe you should have the sames civil rights as I do. I am not prat of a protected class. Why should you have protections, but not me?

What "protections" do you not have?
same one you dont have or the ones that the gays are trying to get.

I don't feel that I'm lacking any legal protections by not being gay. Which I why I'm asking you.

What legal protections do you not have?
What legal protections do gays want? I am not going to play this game with you.
Let me guess......

The same as everyone else
they already have it.

The verses calling homosexuality an "abomination" are also Mosaic law.

Except that homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament. Keep trying old fool

Quote?

Romans 1:18-32

That passage describes God punishing men by making them homosexual, not condemning homosexuality.

I beg to differ. Why on earth would God say in the OT that Homosexuality is an abomination, as you have so kindly admitted, then say in the NT I'm going to punishment your lack of godliness by making you gay. That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. They knew it was wrong and God gave them over to their "sinful desires". He didn't make them gay he just let them continue in their sin and SEXUAL IMPURITY. This passage does refer to homosexuality in verse 27. In verse 28 it once again says God gave them over meaning once again their own sinful desires. He didn't force it on them he just allowed it because they knew the penalty for their sins would be death and they didn't care. On judgement day they will get what they wanted.

Romans 1 18-32 NIV

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people,who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I have no Idea why this appeared in the quote.

I beg to differ. Why on earth would God say in the OT that Homosexuality is an abomination, as you have so kindly admitted, then say in the NT I'm going to punishment your lack of godliness by making you gay. That's the dumbest thing I've heard yet. They knew it was wrong and God gave them over to their "sinful desires". He didn't make them gay he just let them continue in their sin and SEXUAL IMPURITY. This passage does refer to homosexuality in verse 27. In verse 28 it once again says God gave them over meaning once again their own sinful desires. He didn't force it on them he just allowed it because they knew the penalty for their sins would be death and they didn't care. On judgement day they will get what they wanted.

Romans 1 18-32 NIV

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people,who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Last edited:

Except that homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament. Keep trying old fool

Quote?

Matthew 19:1-8

That passage is referring to divorce, and makes no mention of homosexuality.

That passage describes God punishing men by making them homosexual, not condemning homosexuality.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

According to that passage, homosexuality is equated to drunkenness and adultery.

Let me know when Christians get as upset about those things as they do about the gays.

Galatians 5:19

No mention of homosexuality there, either.

Colossians 3:5-7

No mention of homosexuality.

1 Timothy 1:10

That verse refers to temporal laws, and could be interpreted as a call for making homosexuality illegal - but I see no condemnation by God.

Titus 1:16

Jude 1:4, 7, and 19

Revelation 21:27

For Matthew 19:1-8

Did Jesus say anything about homosexuality? Of course, when asked about marriage, Jesus issued a sweeping condemnation of all sexual relationships outside of the male/female model established in Genesis 1:27, which he specifically cited.

For Romans 1:18-32

That passage says nothing of the sort. God didn't make them homosexual, he gave them over the something they were already doing in defiance of God. "Gave them over to their sinful lust" for example.

For 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

Uh, we have tried to pass laws stopping Liquor stores from selling alcohol on Sundays here in the Deep South. People who claim to be Christians but don't fulfill the vows of marriage give Christianity a bad name, using the faith as a status symbol not an actual conviction.

For Galatians 5:19

Take note: "Works of the flesh are manifest
which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness...

For Ephesians 5:3-7 and Colossians 3:5-7:

Just what was Paul (a disciple of Jesus Christ, the son of God who was the embodiment of God's will) referring to at the Church of Ephesus or Colosse when he warned against "uncleanliness"?

For 1 Timothy 1:10:

Note the phrase Paul uses, “defiling themselves with mankind." You'd have to be willfully ignorant not to know what that meant.

For Titus 1:16:

This was the most direct condemnation by Paul, he exposes the mistakes and mindsets of those who have defiled themselves and have committed abominations in the sight of God, for example, Homosexuality.

For Jude 1:4, 7 and 19:

Jude refers to the Sodomites going after "strange flesh" hence the phraseology "heterosarx" in Greek. So, what else would Jude have been referring to if not to homosexuality?

For Revelation 21:27:

Perhaps you are being selective or something here, but it is clear in these verses that Homosexuality is an abomination, even here in this verse. It says none shall enter paradise who work abominations. Geesh. I mean come on, stop trying to twist and contort the Bible to the point where it either says nothing about Homosexuality, or in some cases with others, condones it.
No, I think I'll continue to do so.

I know it makes your position harder to defend, but tough shit.

Does it?

How so?

It's a Straw argument, resting upon (as all straw reasoning does) a false premise.

Black people are genetically forced into reflecting a light-brown to a dark caramel hue... they cannot go to bed on Monday, as a brown person and wake up Tuesday morning a lovely chartreuse. They're going to be the color that their genetic composition requires them TO BE.

The Sexually abnormal however, are such because they CHOOSE to engage in sex with people of their own gender. This as a result of a perversion of human reasoning, OKA: A disorder of the mind. With absolutely NO GENETIC component, whatsoever... .

We know this because the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality has spent Hundreds of Millions of Dollars to find some... ANY feeble strand of faux-scientific drivel which could on SOME LEVEL... ANY LEVEL... provide for a rationalization which could possibly show SOME connection between Sexual Abnormality and genetic composition of the deviant, whose sexual preference deviates from the human physiological NORM!

And despite MANY CRUEL RUMORS... no genetic component to sexual abnormality exists.

So, the addle-minded nonsense which says that 'because the court found that people with genetic issues which keep them from being white... can marry white people... that the court must find that men and can 'marry' men... is LUDICROUS!

People CHOOSE their religion, and yet, we give them religious rights and freedoms. They didn't have to be born a certain way,

like a black or brown or yellow or white person.

Quote?

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Heterosexuals commit sexual sins too.

The sex that is not sinful is that which happens between married couples.

Homosexuals want the right to marry.

This is for Doc. You said in a post on here that the Bible didn't identify homosexuality as a sin but that is not correct - it does. Now the right thing to do for homosexual people is to give them the truth - speak the truth to them - not telling them oh, you can do whatever you wish and God will be okay with it - that isn't love! That is just plain out not caring! If we really care about people we are going to tell them the truth. Homosexuality is a sin. Marriage is between a man and a woman. That is not hate speech. That is truth speech and because of political correctness, self love, pride, fear, intimidation, cowardice and a multitude of other reasons - people take the easy route and remain silent. That crowd is like the go along to get along Christians who act just like the world does! ( they are going to hell too if they don't repent - yes, yes, yes, Christians can end up in hell too - live like the world you'll be judged like the world )

Now these are scriptures that all prove homosexuality is a sin because having sex out side of marriage is a sin ( and marriage according to the word of God is ONLY between a man and a woman). As for the rest who are living with people, not married - those who commit fornication - straight or gay are going to hell - according to the bible. There is no provision for gays to be married and therein it comes under the sexually immoral, but the bible also specifically addresses it, Doc. Again the right thing for Christians to do is pray for these people and tell the the truth! There are also other sins listed here and they will send a person to hell just as quick as the sexually immoral will go there.

Look these up and ask the LORD to speak to your heart about it, Doc. He'll show you if you want to know the truth about it.

1 Thess. 4:1-8
Matt. 5:17-19
Genesis 2: 18 - 25
Leviticus 18:22
1 Corinthians 6:9,10,11
Romans 1:26 - 28
Leviticus 20:13
1 Corinthians 7:2
1 Timothy 1: 10-11
Galatians 5:16
Mark 10: 6-9
1 Thessalonians. 4: 4
Jude 1:7
Micah 2:1
Romans 13:1:32
Hebrews 13:1-25
Genesis 19: 1-38
1 Kings 14:24
Hebrews 12: 12-17
Acts 15:29
Colossians 3:1-8
Ephesians 5:12
Ephesians 5: 1 - 21
Galatians 5:16-21
Leviticus 20: 13-15
Rev. 21:8
1 Thessalonians. 4:7
there is over a hundred scriptures but this is enough to get you started....

Those are editorial.

What?! That is the Word of God, Carbineer! You need to start reading it too!

What "protections" do you not have?
same one you dont have or the ones that the gays are trying to get.

I don't feel that I'm lacking any legal protections by not being gay. Which I why I'm asking you.

What legal protections do you not have?
What legal protections do gays want? I am not going to play this game with you.
Let me guess......

The same as everyone else
they already have it.
So, this isn't a fact?

Equal Rights - Which Equal Rights Are Denied to Gay People

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

The sex that is not sinful is that which happens between two married persons.

This is for Doc. You said in a post on here that the Bible didn't identify homosexuality as a sin but that is not correct - it does. Now the right thing to do for homosexual people is to give them the truth - speak the truth to them - not telling them oh, you can do whatever you wish and God will be okay with it - that isn't love! That is just plain out not caring! If we really care about people we are going to tell them the truth. Homosexuality is a sin. Marriage is between a man and a woman. That is not hate speech. That is truth speech and because of political correctness, self love, pride, fear, intimidation, cowardice and a multitude of other reasons - people take the easy route and remain silent. That crowd is like the go along to get along Christians who act just like the world does! ( they are going to hell too if they don't repent - yes, yes, yes, Christians can end up in hell too - live like the world you'll be judged like the world )

Now these are scriptures that all prove homosexuality is a sin because having sex out side of marriage is a sin ( and marriage according to the word of God is ONLY between a man and a woman). As for the rest who are living with people, not married - those who commit fornication - straight or gay are going to hell - according to the bible. There is no provision for gays to be married and therein it comes under the sexually immoral, but the bible also specifically addresses it, Doc. Again the right thing for Christians to do is pray for these people and tell the the truth! There are also other sins listed here and they will send a person to hell just as quick as the sexually immoral will go there.

Look these up and ask the LORD to speak to your heart about it, Doc. He'll show you if you want to know the truth about it.

Those are editorial.

The word of which god (or goddess, since that Catholic Priest supposedly saw that god was female)?

But the bible is clear that marriage is only between a man and a woman! You're trying to wiggle! It won't work.

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

Romans 1 18-28 NIV

The sex that is not sinful is that which happens between married couples.

Those are editorial.

It's men's opinions that it's the word of God.

Those are editorial.

The word of which god (or goddess, since that Catholic Priest supposedly saw that god was female)

If you are speaking of the ex - Jesuit - he became a born again Christian and the worship of Semirumas by the Roman Catholics under the same name "Queen of Heaven" (they have been told it's Mary - and it isn't ) has nothing to do with the God of the Bible. The Roman Catholic Institution wrote their own book - its not the King James Version bible.

Those are editorial.

It's men's opinions that it's the word of God.

Wrong! It is the Word of God whether you believe it or not. Man's opinion is irrelevant. Back to the topic of the thread, Carbineer. This isn't a discussion over the validity of the Bible. Good night.

Old Covenant, it was done away with by the New Covenant and it was also Mosaic Law which only applied
to Jews, you've been crushed and your Biblical knowledge is laughable

Quote?

According to that passage, homosexuality is equated to drunkenness and adultery.

Let me know when Christians get as upset about those things as they do about the gays.

That verse refers to temporal laws, and could be interpreted as a call for making homosexuality illegal - but I see no condemnation by God.

Old Covenant, it was done away with by the New Covenant and it was also Mosaic Law which only applied
to Jews, you've been crushed and your Biblical knowledge is laughable

Quote?

There is a difference between getting upset and what the bible actually says. BTW how do you know they don't get upset?
1 Corinthians 6:9-10New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

As seen in Romans 1 18-32 homosexuality is considered sexual immorality so yes it does mention it just not specifically.
Galatians 5:19New International Version (NIV)
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Again see Romans 1 18:32 it is included in sexual immorality.
Colossians 3:5-7New International Version (NIV)
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality,impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[a] 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.

Not specifically speaking about homosexuals but instead talking about sin in general and how it should be viewed. Certainly Homosexuality, being considered immoral is included in this as sin.
Titus 1 10 - 16
Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good
10 For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretansare always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”[c] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Talking about the New Jerusalem here but it's the same as others: See Romans 1 18-32

Revelation 21:27New International Version (NIV)
27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Quote?

Quote?

There is a difference between getting upset and what the bible actually says. BTW how do you know they don't get upset?
1 Corinthians 6:9-10New International Version (NIV)
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

As seen in Romans 1 18-32 homosexuality is considered sexual immorality so yes it does mention it just not specifically.
Galatians 5:19New International Version (NIV)
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Again see Romans 1 18:32 it is included in sexual immorality.
Colossians 3:5-7New International Version (NIV)
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality,impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[a] 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.

Not specifically speaking about homosexuals but instead talking about sin in general and how it should be viewed. Certainly Homosexuality, being considered immoral is included in this as sin.
Titus 1 10 - 16
Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good
10 For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretansare always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”[c] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Talking about the New Jerusalem here but it's the same as others: See Romans 1 18-32

Revelation 21:27New International Version (NIV)
27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
What does that have to do with civil law?

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

ROFLMNAO!

D E L U S I O N ... ON PARADE!

There is absolutely NOTHING on earth that is a more clear and definitive example of bigotry than the Ideological Left. Which has militarized the lowly homosexual, through its Advocacy to Normalize sexual Abnormality... a movement designed as a cultural wedge, which it is using as a means to separate the US Cultural from the sound, immutable principles which provide for the viability for a sustainable, free culture.

It is nothing short of evil... of the old testament variety. Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY advanced as a means to influence the Ignorant.

Homosexuality is no more an abnormality than being lefthanded, or becoming a Presbyterian.
Or being Republican

And I do want people to respond, or I would have never posted this thread to begin with. Putting it out there kind of says "hey come comment on this thread!" does it not?

Ok. MY comment is, the guy has issues. He also forgot that Jesus loved everyone. If this reverend said that to Jesus, what would Jesus say, do you think?
Christians are the ones screaming hellfire at gays, so its kinda hard for gays to embrace Christianity openly. But the Leader of Christians is Christ..and he would not treat them the way they are. He may say it is against His Father's wishes, but it is up to The Father to do the judging.

So...my OPINION is...stop the damn judging.

Forum List

Back