An Alabama Pastor's Epic Speech against Gay Marriage (Please finish drinking your beverage first)

It also says that wearing a cotton/polyester blend is an abomination.

It also says those laws were rendered obsolete.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Matthew 5:17–18

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

"He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions. Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 2:23-28

The death of Christ served as a fulfillment of the old law, so that those Christians who did not follow it could be forgiven and given a second chance:

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Romans 10:4

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:13

That must mean the passages that state homosexuality is an "abomination" are "obsolete" too.

You are totally clueless on Biblical matters, stop embarrassing yourself
You are totally clueless about the laws of our land

Are you jumping up and down screaming look at me!!!!?

Merely reminding you that you cannot force your false religious hate on our country

Gay is not a religion.....good for you.

Gay is not a race...good for you.

Now, explain where anyone ever said that gay WAS a religion or WAS a race.

And also, while you are at it, explain why civil rights would not equally apply to Gay Americans as it would for (any race) Americans or (any religion) Americans.
You are the one that want to be a protected class, you explain. I believe you should have the sames civil rights as I do. I am not prat of a protected class. Why should you have protections, but not me?

What "protections" do you not have?
same one you dont have or the ones that the gays are trying to get.

I don't feel that I'm lacking any legal protections by not being gay. Which I why I'm asking you.

What legal protections do you not have?
What legal protections do gays want? I am not going to play this game with you.
It's not a game....you seem to think that gays are going for some special protections you don't have. What are they?

You mean like Christians are a protected class?
Religion is protected, too bad for you. Gay is not a religion. BTW where are those links? you put or shut up.

And also, while you are at it, explain why civil rights would not equally apply to Gay Americans as it would for (any race) Americans or (any religion) Americans.
You are the one that want to be a protected class, you explain it. I believe you should have the sames civil rights as I do. I am not part of a protected class. Why should you have protections, but not me?
You are part of a protected class based on gender...based on your race...based on your religion or lack thereof...based on your sexual orientation.
Based on my sexual orientation? What? How am I protected on my sexual orientation, thats what you want remeber?
You are heterosexual...you are protected....you cannot be discriminated against because you are hetero. It's really quite simple, you know.

Why would my "side" be mad? We're winning this fight.

Gay marriage will be legal in all 50 states within the next 6 months. Your "side" is losing ground by the minute.
I know how the story plays out, you lose in the end

:lol:

Is that what your crystal ball tells you, oh great Swami?
LGBT rights in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

:D

It's a mistake where ever the perversion is coddled, just look at Sodom and Gomorrah :)
You mean that story where the "good guy" offers his virgin daughters to the crowd so they'd just leave him alone? And then his wife is killed for looking back at all the commotion?

That story?

Being turned into a pillar of salt was probably preferable to being married to Lot. :D

Religion is protected, too bad for you. Gay is not a religion. BTW where are those links? you put or shut up.

You are the one that want to be a protected class, you explain it. I believe you should have the sames civil rights as I do. I am not part of a protected class. Why should you have protections, but not me?
You are part of a protected class based on gender...based on your race...based on your religion or lack thereof...based on your sexual orientation.
And so are you, why do you need more?
I don't....I would like the ones I have recognized tho. It would be nice to take those protections for granted........like you seem to have done.

NLT SAID:

“What legal protections do gays want?”

Unsurprisingly, you don't understand.

Gay Americans currently have legal protections, the protected liberty of due process of the law.

This issue concerns the states seeking to deny gay Americans their civil rights, by denying them access to marriage law, where such measures are in fact un-Constitutional.

So what you're saying is since the founding of America the lack of gay marriage has been unConstitutional? I wonder if the founding fathers knew they made such a huge Constitutional error when they didn't legalize gay marriage After the Revolutionary war? You'd think those who wrote it would have known what was in it and made sure it was implemented. Who knew the founding fathers and all the early Americans were such Homophobes. :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
So bodeys accusations that I support the catholic churches protection of gay pedophile priests is based on the fact that I did not thank her posts on attacking them. WOW. You cant get a weaker excuse than that. SO you lie about me and then you back it up with that lame accusation. Post a link where I have defended the catholic church defense of gay pedophile priests or shut up. No more lies and deflections bodey.

It also says those laws were rendered obsolete.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Matthew 5:17–18

One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

"He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions. Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 2:23-28

The death of Christ served as a fulfillment of the old law, so that those Christians who did not follow it could be forgiven and given a second chance:

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."

Romans 10:4

"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Hebrews 8:13

That must mean the passages that state homosexuality is an "abomination" are "obsolete" too.

You are totally clueless on Biblical matters, stop embarrassing yourself
You are totally clueless about the laws of our land

Are you jumping up and down screaming look at me!!!!?

That's what you've been doing for the last 29 pages.

And so are you, why do you need more?
I don't....I would like the ones I have recognized tho. It would be nice to take those protections for granted........like you seem to have done.
So the protections I posted you dont have? man you are getting crazier by the minute. You have every protection I have. There is no protection for sexual orientation, for either you or myself.

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

ROFLMNAO!

D E L U S I O N ... ON PARADE!

There is absolutely NOTHING on earth that is a more clear and definitive example of bigotry than the Ideological Left. Which has militarized the lowly homosexual, through its Advocacy to Normalize sexual Abnormality... a movement designed as a cultural wedge, which it is using as a means to separate the US Cultural from the sound, immutable principles which provide for the viability for a sustainable, free culture.

It is nothing short of evil... of the old testament variety. Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY advanced as a means to influence the Ignorant.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Old Covenant, it was done away with by the New Covenant and it was also Mosaic Law which only applied
to Jews, you've been crushed and your Biblical knowledge is laughable

The verses calling homosexuality an "abomination" are also Mosaic law.

Except that homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament. Keep trying old fool

Quote?

Matthew 19:1-8

That passage is referring to divorce, and makes no mention of homosexuality.

Romans 1:18-32

That passage describes God punishing men by making them homosexual, not condemning homosexuality.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

According to that passage, homosexuality is equated to drunkenness and adultery.

Let me know when Christians get as upset about those things as they do about the gays.

Galatians 5:19

No mention of homosexuality there, either.

Colossians 3:5-7

No mention of homosexuality.

1 Timothy 1:10

That verse refers to temporal laws, and could be interpreted as a call for making homosexuality illegal - but I see no condemnation by God.

Titus 1:16

Jude 1:4, 7, and 19

Revelation 21:27

It's all about interpretation. And who is interpreting it and why.

I know how the story plays out, you lose in the end

:lol:

Is that what your crystal ball tells you, oh great Swami?
LGBT rights in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

:D

It's a mistake where ever the perversion is coddled, just look at Sodom and Gomorrah :)
You mean that story where the "good guy" offers his virgin daughters to the crowd so they'd just leave him alone? And then his wife is killed for looking back at all the commotion?

That story?

Being turned into a pillar of salt was probably preferable to being married to Lot. :D
I know....and yet, according to their book, he was the "good" one.

Based on my sexual orientation? What? How am I protected on my sexual orientation, thats what you want remeber?
You are heterosexual...you are protected....you cannot be discriminated against because you are hetero. It's really quite simple, you know.
Where is the law that states heterosexuals are protected and homosexuals are not? please post it.

You don't seem to understand the dynamics in play here. You're trying to warp the conversation into making gay people into "bigots" against Christianity, and that position isn't supported by reality.

ROFLMNAO!

D E L U S I O N ... ON PARADE!

There is absolutely NOTHING on earth that is a more clear and definitive example of bigotry than the Ideological Left. Which has militarized the lowly homosexual, through its Advocacy to Normalize sexual Abnormality... a movement designed as a cultural wedge, which it is using as a means to separate the US Cultural from the sound, immutable principles which provide for the viability for a sustainable, free culture.

It is nothing short of evil... of the old testament variety. Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY advanced as a means to influence the Ignorant.

Liberals just don't think it's a good idea to keep 25% of our population in a closet. Unless you want them to marry your sons and daughters in order to live a "normal" but false life.

That story?

I know....and yet, according to their book, he was the "good" one.

Grimm's Fairy Tale bullshit.

All churches are pretend

Thanks for your opinion
You mean, like your opinion about what is and is not a christian church.

That Bible you quoted earlier calls what you do an abomination...think about it

Old Covenant, it was done away with by the New Covenant and it was also Mosaic Law which only applied
to Jews, you've been crushed and your Biblical knowledge is laughable

I think it's time for a Jesus' Gay Marriage sing-a-long...

When you get older, you'll realize that simply declaring victory does not mean you actually won anything.

Isn't that what you did a few pages back? "We are winning this fight! It will be legal in all 50 states in six months!"

This is what I mean by trying to find a "gotcha".

Nope. I did catch you doing something you were calling other people out on. That is a clear and defined example. If you don't like being called out, sorry, don't hand down judgement until you make sure you abide by it first.

No, you didn't. You really wish you did, but you didn't.

My stating that the gay marriage "side" is winning is fact. My declaration of it does not make it fact, it was a fact beforehand.

SassyIrishGirl claiming she's winning this argument is not a fact, and her declaration of victory does not make it one.

It's obvious you consider yourself an elitist, intelligent liberal. Sadly you're not

So if you believe in the bible do you also go along with its teachings that the Earth is only about 6000 years old? Answer the question, please.

No one ever said they were.

But gay Americans are entitled to the protected liberty to decide for themselves how best to live their lives absent unwarranted interference by the state, where seeking to deny gay Americans access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is un-Constitutional; whether homosexuality manifests as a consequence of birth or choice has no bearing on the issue.

For the state therefore to seek to discriminate against an American because of his race or sexual orientation is equally repugnant to the Constitution.
I am fine with gay civil rights, but I am not fine with thier agenda to become a protected class.

I bet you're white, straight and probably over the age of 50, correct?

NLT SAID:

“What legal protections do gays want?”

Unsurprisingly, you don't understand.

Gay Americans currently have legal protections, the protected liberty of due process of the law.

This issue concerns the states seeking to deny gay Americans their civil rights, by denying them access to marriage law, where such measures are in fact un-Constitutional.

So what you're saying is since the founding of America the lack of gay marriage has been unConstitutional? I wonder if the founding fathers knew they made such a huge Constitutional error when they didn't legalize gay marriage After the Revolutionary war? You'd think those who wrote it would have known what was in it and made sure it was implemented. Who knew the founding fathers and all the early Americans were such Homophobes. :dunno:
The XIVth Amendment hasn't been around since the founding of America, Amelia.

So bodeys accusations that I support the catholic churches protection of gay pedophile priests is based on the fact that I did not thank her posts on attacking them. WOW. You cant get a weaker excuse than that. SO you lie about me and then you back it up with that lame accusation. Post a link where I have defended the catholic church defense of gay pedophile priests or shut up. No more lies and deflections bodey.
I never asked you to thank my posts...but not once......not....once....did you ever acknowledge that what they did was wrong....and you had plenty of opportunity, all those times you attacked me on the same subject. Not.....once.

Forum List

Back