An Economic SF story

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Three simple premises:

At the last stage of oval meiosis an egg and what is basically a tailless sperm is created. The tailless sperm is destroyed by the woman's body but it can be used to fertilize another woman's egg and that other woman's quasi-sperm can be used to fertilize the first woman's egg. A BOGO for the most expensive consumer product known is thus created. So, instead of spending 250,000 or more for one child 260,000 gets you two both being girls.

That working out at more than 1G reshapes the male body and helps combat the sideeffects of periods of microgravity. The greater than 1 G environment can least expensively be maintained in space. So, the male ideal become a highly paid troubleshooter in the space industry and men who are wealthy enough to pay the high costs of living in a habitat that provides high G exercise areas full time. High G has much fewer reproductive downsides for male mammals tested than female mammals tested. With the most desirable men being those who have lived with high-g since they were toddlers.

So, the supply of women expands due to BOGO effects and access to more desirable men shrinks causing a bit of a problem that my protagonist solves partially to great profit.

I want to make sure I am covering all conceivable bases to suck women in to pay huge bucks to get sons who can have the pick of all those other surplus women. So, if you think of a conflict I can steal, please post. This is intended to be comedy.

@Old Fart, [MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION], [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION], [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION], [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION], [MENTION=27549]MeBelle60,[/MENTION]@HelenaHandbag,

Last edited:
Where is the funny part??????

There was a magician that got a job performing on a cruise liner..In his act he had the lovely assistant and a parrot he had just bought.. Two weeks into the cruise and the act, the parrot started squawking about the tricks and giving away the magicians secrets, like, the flowers were hidden in his sleeve or the rabbit is hiding in the hat..he's hiding the coin in his hand.. Well this pissed off the magician and he was furious. He fumed about what he was going to do with the bird during the act since no animals could be on the cruise as a guest and left alone and the magician had to bring him on stage since he had the parrot in the lineup on the marquee. But before the next act was to begin the liner hit an iceberg and sank. The magician woke up on a deserted beach with the parrot on a piece of drift wood. The magician was still mad and stared at the parrot and the parrot stared back. For three days they stared, then finally the parrot spoke up and said, " I give up, where did you hide it?"

Last edited:
Three simple premises:

At the last stage of oval meiosis an egg and what is basically a tailless sperm is created. The tailless sperm is destroyed by the woman's body but it can be used to fertilize another woman's egg and that other woman's quasi-sperm can be used to fertilize the first woman's egg. A BOGO for the most expensive consumer product known is thus created. So, instead of spending 250,000 or more for one child 260,000 gets you two both being girls.

That working out at more than 1G reshapes the male body and helps combat the sideeffects of periods of microgravity. The greater than 1 G environment can least expensively be maintained in space. So, the male ideal become a highly paid troubleshooter in the space industry and men who are wealthy enough to pay the high costs of living in a habitat that provides high G exercise areas full time. High G has much fewer reproductive downsides for male mammals tested than female mammals tested. With the most desirable men being those who have lived with high-g since they were toddlers.

So, the supply of women expands due to BOGO effects and access to more desirable men shrinks causing a bit of a problem that my protagonist solves partially to great profit.

I want to make sure I am covering all conceivable bases to suck women in to pay huge bucks to get sons who can have the pick of all those other surplus women. So, if you think of a conflict I can steal, please post. This is intended to be comedy.

@Old Fart, [MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION], [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION], [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION], [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION], [MENTION=27549]MeBelle60,[/MENTION]@HelenaHandbag,

As any good psychologist can tell you, one universal adolescent male fantasy is "the last man on earth". It's so old, it's in the Old Testament. As Lot and his family flee from the destroyed Sodom, his wife slips up and becomes a pillar of salt, a condition not conducive to future childbearing. At night his two daughters bring him to a cave and, figuring that they are the last three people on earth, figure out that it their duty to procreate with their father. Fearing that the old man will be hung up on the incest thing, the only plan they can think of is to get him too drunk to care. While they deserve points for fleeing a catastrophe but bringing the booze with them; they seem to ignore the possibility that being three sheets to the wind might interfere with Dad's ability to perform on que. Old age and inebriation are not a good formula for male potency, but perhaps things were different then.

I suggest you consider a parallel plot device in your story; the end of the human race looms and all that. Gives you something to drive the plot. You might even give a nod to the original source of the story!

Good luck.

Sounds like a very cool sci-fi story! It could be developed into a screenplay...better yet- a long form - TV series with 7-10 seasons of 10-13 episodes per season.

Sounds like a very cool sci-fi story! It could be developed into a screenplay...better yet- a long form - TV series with 7-10 seasons of 10-13 episodes per season.
The best part of writing so far is the infomercial to sell land "well suited to growing buck wheat, wild rice, maple sugar trees, cranberries squash and cabbage."

"And once every 13 weeks you get to spend 7 days and 6 nights on a real live habitat."

This is on a terraformed planet called Malibu and due to low angle of planetary tilt the settlers do not actually live within the Arctic or Antarctic circles. Think of the warmer parts of Siberia or Tierra del Fuego. Transportation from but not to the shuttle sites used to get to the habitats is provided. The land grants are about between three and five thousand miles from the shuttle sites.

never read her. I preferred the "good stuff" in Suetonius, "Madame Bovary" and the like. Could you expand on that post?

You requested rip offs which work well on women and I didn't know what you meant -- but Jane Austen was good with relationships in a way which appeals to women readers. Many authors more or less rip her off, and are better for it.

I loved Heinlein growing up but he was awful at writing relationships. No realism at all.

... and Austen was amusing.

You requested rip offs which work well on women and I didn't know what you meant -- but Jane Austen was good with relationships in a way which appeals to women readers. Many authors more or less rip her off, and are better for it.

I loved Heinlein growing up but he was awful at writing relationships. No realism at all.

... and Austen was amusing.
Yeah Heinlein was both under and over rated his really good stuff came out long after he took the dean of science fiction title from Kuttner. David Drakes's RCN series with Adele, Tovera and Diedre trying to keep Daniel from going off the deep end in his rise to the top is Kuttner influenced from after his grab a tit, kill a monster phase. Try it you might like it.

By the way my hero Joe Spinelli is 6' 7", 330 lbs. and is well trained by his concubines Barbie (Doll) and Tara to follow their lead.

Forum List

Back