An interesting observation after voting in todays primaries

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
At the table where you sign for your ballot they have all the ballots stacked up by catagory. Republican, Democrat, Independent... etc.
The republican stack was nearly half gone while the democrat stack was only slightly used up and the others looked as though they hadn't been touched at all.

There were important issues on the ballot here in Missouri. Issues related to the second amendment, farmer/rancher rights, protection from unlawful searching of your digital media & devices. Among a few others. I was surprised marijuana was not on the ballot in some fashion.

The republican stack was nearly half gone while the democrat stack was only slightly used up and the others looked as though they hadn't been touched at all.

Another explanation is that there may be twice as many registered Democrats as Republicans. :)

• Banned

Another explanation is that there may be twice as many registered Democrats as Republicans. :)

Perhaps. I prefer to think of that as pie in da sky liberal propaganda lol

At the table where you sign for your ballot they have all the ballots stacked up by catagory. Republican, Democrat, Independent... etc.

There were important issues on the ballot here in Missouri. Issues related to the second amendment, farmer/rancher rights, protection from unlawful searching of your digital media & devices. Among a few others. I was surprised marijuana was not on the ballot in some fashion.

One polling place at one point in time is an anecdote, not an observation.

• Banned

Really? So what I just observed is not an observation?

That's some weird logic.

That's some weird logic.

Which of the following definitions fits your OP?

the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.

an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay.

That's some weird logic.

the action or process of observing something or someone carefully or in order to gain information.

Neither of those are appropriate. No. 1 was observed and even carefully but could be interpreted differently by outsiders.

No 2. was definitely not appropriate because it was accurately reported, one stack appeared to be untouched while the other was half gone..

If one has to be valid, it would be No. 1.

That's some weird logic.
Libtard logic doesn't make sense.

That's some weird logic.

Neither lol

Today's republicans tend to be older, many retired. (soon to die)

Dems have jobs and will vote after work.

Perhaps your observation was a pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking anecdote at a single voting precinct... Maybe even a heavily Democratic voting precinct.

Perhaps your observation was a pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking anecdote at a single voting precinct... Maybe even a heavily Democratic voting precinct.

Well you would certainly know my district better than me huh? :cuckoo:

Today's republicans tend to be older, many retired. (soon to die)

Dems have jobs and will vote after work.

Cashin welfare checks is tough work I suppose

No, I am saying there is more than one explanation for what you observed. Your sample size is way too small to be making any assumptions from it.

But, I see Missouri passed three constitutional amendments on the ballot. One which says the right to ranching and farming shall not be infringed, one which says the right to bear arms is inalienable, and one which says Missourians electronic communications shall be secure from unreasonable search and siezure.

These are pretty amorphous and do not enact any actual changes.

Another amendment to raise sales taxes to pay for transportation failed, I believe.

Last edited:

No, I am saying there is more than one explanation for what you observed. Your sample size is way too small to be making any assumptions from it.

But, I see Missouri passed three constitutional amendments on the ballot. One which says the right to ranching and farming shall not be infringed, one which says the right to bear arms is inalienable, and one which says Missourians electronic communications shall be secure from unreasonable search and siezure.

Another amendment to raise sales taxes to pay for transportation failed, I believe.

Aren't the last two just the second and fourth amendments?

Right to farm shall not be infringed? That opens up a can of worms

The right to farm protects them from environmentalist nonsense and to an extent the endangered species act.

Either way the outcome seems to match my OBSERVATION

The right to farm thing is an attempt to curb regulations.

The right to farm thing is an attempt to curb regulations.

Someone should tell grumps what Monsanto is doing to the "right to farm".

Nelson Farm - A Fight Against A Giant -- Monsanto Sues North Dakota Farmer Over Biotech Crop Dispute

I would bet if you looked deep enough into the measure, you'd see Monsanto behind it making sure that every year, farmers have to purchase new seeds instead of simply using the ones harvested from plants this season.

Conservatives really do not have the ability to know when they've been had.

Forum List

Back