🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

This thread showed liberals for what they are, mean, vicious and hateful human beings.

be proud of yourselves

Are you confused with Jehova's Witness's??? They go door to door...i have never had a Mormon come to my door. I could be wrong, but i've just not seen it!

Now...just so you know, many Missionaries lose their lives while their in other countries......

Funeral services planned for missionaries - KDAF
76 year old john and his 67 year old wife Wanda had built a church near Santiago, Mexico. John was the pastor.

Last Tuesday, one of the couple's sons who was visiting found Wanda inside their home with a head wound and a cord around her neck.

About five hours later, John's body was found in a shed on the property.

Missionary killed in Jordan | Worthy Christian News
AMMAN, JORDAN (Worthy News)– A missionary living in Jordan was stabbed to death by a teenager Tuesday after she caught him stealing in her apartment, police said.

Funeral Services Held For Cary Missionaries Killed In Iraq :: WRAL.com
Jean and Larry Elliott were part of a Baptist missionary group at work in Iraq when they were killed in a drive-by shooting on March 15.

Google it.....you'll find a lot more Missionaries that have DIED for our country. So ya, in a way i guess we can compare them with our military. But it's still DIFFERENT because they are not working for the Government, they are working for God. So...i guess you could say they have DIFFERENT employers so they are not the same. Agree? :)

One more time ...

There is not anyone who does not GET that Queen Ann said missionary-ing is "different". I evev posted visual aids so the idiot radical religious right rw's can see some of the DIFFERENCES.

Because they don't seem to GET IT, Here are SOME of those DIFFERENCES again -

The Mormon Plan for America and the Rise of Mitt Romney

And some others -

soilders1PA211106_228x366.jpg

TBILinkPage.jpg

arlington_va_cemetary.jpg

article-1193167-055AB6D3000005DC-279_468x329_popup.jpg

2297720510.jpg

Can Ann show us a similar graphic of the wounds suffered by missionaries going door to door, forcing their fucking cult beliefs on others?

How about the wounds that the poor missionaries living in the lap of luxury in Paris suffered?

tbi-ptsd.gif
[/quote]

You radical right religious froot loops are defending the indefensible.

Good question. Does it do anything to reduce our debt, does it provide jobs? Does it do anything to promote a positive perception of America?

As far as I can tell, it does nothing for the country. All it does is help their religion expand.

Well...in Mitt's case, it did do SOME good. It got him out of the country for 2 years! :D

I've had morms come to my door.

And, no I'm not a religious bigot. I don't care what fairy tales you believe. It has absolutely no impact on my life - other than having to pay taxes that churches and cults do not. I just don't want them on my doorstep and I don't think much of the way the Romney's (and this board's rw's) are demeaning and dismissing the incredible sacrifice of our vets.

but, this does give us a good idea of the total lack of value MitWit would place on the lives of our military. Much the same as you wacko rw's, I should think.

Are you confused with Jehova's Witness's??? They go door to door...i have never had a Mormon come to my door. I could be wrong, but i've just not seen it!

We do go door to door. It's actually quite fun.

Now...just so you know, many Missionaries lose their lives while their in other countries......

Funeral services planned for missionaries - KDAF
76 year old john and his 67 year old wife Wanda had built a church near Santiago, Mexico. John was the pastor.

Last Tuesday, one of the couple's sons who was visiting found Wanda inside their home with a head wound and a cord around her neck.

About five hours later, John's body was found in a shed on the property.

Missionary killed in Jordan | Worthy Christian News
AMMAN, JORDAN (Worthy News)– A missionary living in Jordan was stabbed to death by a teenager Tuesday after she caught him stealing in her apartment, police said.

Funeral Services Held For Cary Missionaries Killed In Iraq :: WRAL.com
Jean and Larry Elliott were part of a Baptist missionary group at work in Iraq when they were killed in a drive-by shooting on March 15.

Google it.....you'll find a lot more Missionaries that have DIED for our country. So ya, in a way i guess we can compare them with our military. But it's still DIFFERENT because they are not working for the Government, they are working for God. So...i guess you could say they have DIFFERENT employers so they are not the same. Agree? :)

jesus fucking krist, Caroljo, none of those people died FOR our country.

They're MISSIONARIES.

They died for their church/cult.

That link looks like one of those Radical so-called Christian groups comparable to Westboro....you know, one of those churches that hate ALL other religions and think God is leading them, but it's actually Satan. It was kind of wierd! Is that your religion??

We do go door to door. It's actually quite fun.

Not for the people you continually harass.

And, I know a very few jw's. They work for me and they're not bad people -- although I disagree with their wacky religion.

YOU are nothing like those people.

You are nasty and foul mouthed and dishonest. I have not found the ones who work for me to be without integrity and honesty the way you are.

Are you going to tell me that they are misrepresenting themselves? That they really are as smarmy and unethical as you?

You seriously dont understand why helping people be better benefits the nation? I can't possibly believe that.

I went to Haiti a couple of years ago with a Southern Baptist mission to build permanent housing for Haitian's in those tent cities.

How is that service to the United States? Service for God? Yes. Service for the Haitian's? Yes. Service to America....how?

Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”
What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

Neither is the Peace Corps, why don't you post a thread scoffing at Obama talking about how Peace Corps volunteers are serving?

That link looks like one of those Radical so-called Christian groups comparable to Westboro....you know, one of those churches that hate ALL other religions and think God is leading them, but it's actually Satan. It was kind of wierd! Is that your religion??

One of the reasons I ignore your posts is that you never say who you're talking to or what post you are replying to. It looks like you might be talking to me but I posted a bunch of links and your post makes no sense.

Oh well.

And, no I'm not a religious bigot. I don't care what fairy tales you believe. It has absolutely no impact on my life - other than having to pay taxes that churches and cults do not. I just don't want them on my doorstep and I don't think much of the way the Romney's (and this board's rw's) are demeaning and dismissing the incredible sacrifice of our vets.

but, this does give us a good idea of the total lack of value MitWit would place on the lives of our military. Much the same as you wacko rw's, I should think.
Yes, you are a religious bigot, to go along with being a hateful ignoramus to boot.

Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”
What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

Neither is the Peace Corps, why don't you post a thread scoffing at Obama talking about how Peace Corps volunteers are serving?

Did President Obama say its like military service, only "different"?

Post a link please.

You seriously dont understand why helping people be better benefits the nation? I can't possibly believe that.

I went to Haiti a couple of years ago with a Southern Baptist mission to build permanent housing for Haitian's in those tent cities.

How is that service to the United States? Service for God? Yes. Service for the Haitian's? Yes. Service to America....how?
LDS missionaries serve in America as well as internationally....You really have NFI what you're blabbering about.

Yes, you are a religious bigot, to go along with being a hateful ignoramus to boot.

And you're a sneaky coward who never answers a post. Instead you hide behind insults.

omg

Progressives have opted out of all service themselves, and assigned service to the government ONLY. They are highly suspicious of ANYONE ELSE who "serves" their fellow man. It's based on the fact that they have opted out of serving others, and think their service, as it is compelled by the government, is the only type that counts.

Lie. I'm proudly a "progressive" and I served in the US Army for nearly 15 years, including multiple overseas deployments to combat zones, and am currently serving as a Southern Baptist Disaster Relief worker, which I've done now since 2005. During that time, I've deployed to hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes, ice storms, tornadoes and violent storms, from California to North Carolina, from North Dakota to Haiti. 25+ missions so far.

What have YOU done, Ms. Conservative?

Forum List

Back