Another company has scholarship program for NON-WHITES only

Black Man Awards "Whites Only" Scholarships
By ONN | Posted on: July 2, 2011

Dallas, TX - A Black U.S. Army Veteran is giving out scholarships that are designated as "whites only". You read it right.

Marcus Carter, an African-American, is the vice president of the Former Majority Association for Equality, a group that awards scholarships solely to white men.

"Just because you don't benefit directly doesn't mean it isn't beneficial," Carter, 27, explained.

"It just got really frustrating when every other scholarship you happen to find online you need not apply to based on your ethnicity or gender," said Colby Bohannan, one of FMAFE's founders.

Searching scholarship databases such as scholarships.com and fastweb.com, every group has their own. There are categories for only African-Americans, Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians and even atheists.

But, Carter said as an African-American, he joined the group because he served two tours of duty in Iraq with Bohannan and thinks awarding college scholarships to anyone is beneficial to everyone.

"I can't really say I understand where they're coming from, being only 27 years old, I don't feel racially oppressed," Carter said.

Besides Carter, Bohannan said the nine-member board of directors for the FMAFE includes a Hispanic man and two women. All the board members are volunteers and don't take a salary or travel expenses from the group, Bohannan and Carter explained.

Their organization has received more than $18,000 in donations. The two said they wouldn't reveal their biggest donors.

The FMAFE was granted 501(c)3 status this month and has yet to file a Form 990, a public
Black Man Awards "Whites Only" Scholarships | ONN

That article is TWO years old, you fool. Have they actually handed out any scholarships.? If they had you would have used a recent posting. Again you have made a fool of yourself.

Scholarships have been awarded.

They certainly were. But thanks for pointing that out to the OP of this thread.

Last edited:
[That article is TWO years old, you fool. Have they actually handed out any scholarships.? If they had you would have used a recent posting. Again you have made a fool of yourself.

Scholarships have been awarded.

So give us an article that establishes that. Nobody will take your word on it.
The burden is upon you to substantiate your position, not me to do your research for you.

However this time I will help you .....https://fmafe.org/Home.html

Forum List

Back