Another day, another wall street record. Dow Breaks 16,000 Before Late-Day Pullback.

ON a related note, I read this the other day. I suspect it's too advanced for 'people' like SHallow. But some of you might enjoy the read.

Andrew Huszar: Confessions of a Quantitative Easer - WSJ.com

By ANDREW HUSZAR
Nov. 11, 2013 7:00 p.m. ET
I can only say: I'm sorry, America. As a former Federal Reserve official, I was responsible for executing the centerpiece program of the Fed's first plunge into the bond-buying experiment known as quantitative easing. The central bank continues to spin QE as a tool for helping Main Street. But I've come to recognize the program for what it really is: the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time.

Five years ago this month, on Black Friday, the Fed launched an unprecedented shopping spree. By that point in the financial crisis, Congress had already passed legislation, the Troubled Asset Relief Program, to halt the U.S. banking system's free fall. Beyond Wall Street, though, the economic pain was still soaring. In the last three months of 2008 alone, almost two million Americans would lose their jobs.

And?

The government is buying back Bonds..which actually over the long run is a proven money maker.

When the economy gets solid enough? They get sold back into the market, at a profit.

...assembly work...which is counted as manufacturing, but obviously it is not...
Ah. So any factory that's got an assembly line is "obviously" not a manufacturing plant.

We may not agree but at least I can now understand why you think America doesn't have any manufacturing plants. Then again, the thinking now would be that the U.S. never did have any.

Manufacturing has been coming back to the US since Obama has been in office.

Another fact you folks continue to overlook.

Acting smug only makes you out to be an ignorant fool. The market is a sham, propped up by endless money printing. At some point the party will end and it will hurt really bad. Or the economy will collapse when a loaf of Wonder Bread costs $100.

Well no..

It's part of this system we call "capitalism". In fact..it's at the direct center of it.

It's meant to raise investment "capital" (as in capitalism) so that companies can expand.

It's also a leading indicator of the health of an economy.

By the way..the government can issue money. It's in the constitution. Check it out.

The "Federal Reserve" is not the government. You, like most rubes, have no idea who is creating money out of thin air.

Acting smug only makes you out to be an ignorant fool. The market is a sham, propped up by endless money printing. At some point the party will end and it will hurt really bad. Or the economy will collapse when a loaf of Wonder Bread costs $100.

Well no..

It's part of this system we call "capitalism". In fact..it's at the direct center of it.

It's meant to raise investment "capital" (as in capitalism) so that companies can expand.

It's also a leading indicator of the health of an economy.

By the way..the government can issue money. It's in the constitution. Check it out.

The "Federal Reserve" is not the government. You, like most rubes, have no idea who is creating money out of thin air.

Well no..it is part of the government.

It operates independently, generally, of politics. It's a hybrid of public/private considerations.

Federal Reserve System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read all about it.

NEAT!

Daily closes for the dow going back to 1896 are up on the Fed's data site and the big picture is telling:
dow19002013.png

The question is what the numbers are telling us. Some say today's levels are just like 1929, but imho it sure is easier to believe we're more like in the late '70's.

ON a related note, I read this the other day. I suspect it's too advanced for 'people' like SHallow. But some of you might enjoy the read.

By ANDREW HUSZAR
Nov. 11, 2013 7:00 p.m. ET
I can only say: I'm sorry, America. As a former Federal Reserve official, I was responsible for executing the centerpiece program of the Fed's first plunge into the bond-buying experiment known as quantitative easing. The central bank continues to spin QE as a tool for helping Main Street. But I've come to recognize the program for what it really is: the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time.

Five years ago this month, on Black Friday, the Fed launched an unprecedented shopping spree. By that point in the financial crisis, Congress had already passed legislation, the Troubled Asset Relief Program, to halt the U.S. banking system's free fall. Beyond Wall Street, though, the economic pain was still soaring. In the last three months of 2008 alone, almost two million Americans would lose their jobs.

And?

The government is buying back Bonds..which actually over the long run is a proven money maker.

When the economy gets solid enough? They get sold back into the market, at a profit.

Like I said. This is too advanced for you. You see Democrat DOW 16K and think "we're on the road to a LOLberal recovery!" Even if that is the stupidest position to take.

And?

Like I said. This is too advanced for you. You see Democrat DOW 16K and think "we're on the road to a LOLberal recovery!" Even if that is the stupidest position to take.

I'm sorry what do you do again?

I work for the financial industry in Informational Technology. My last project was writing several PERL scripts that parsed FIX logs for SINGLE ORDERS, CANCELS, CANCEL REPLACES and then sent emails to brokers at WELLS FARGO with that data.

You?

NEAT!

Daily closes for the dow going back to 1896 are up on the Fed's data site and the big picture is telling:
dow19002013.png

The question is what the numbers are telling us. Some say today's levels are just like 1929, but imho it sure is easier to believe we're more like in the late '70's.

You mean that STAGFLATION or Volcker's deliberate recession to cool the market?

As if your scripting duty in the basement gives you some sort of expertise in economics.

:lmao:

Well I can read a FIX log.

You'd have trouble spelling "FIX".

So..what do you do again?

Just trying to assess your expertise.

Maybe you are like the blowhards that think they know how to run sports teams..but never set foot on a field.

Maybe you should go read the article I offered up instead of adding more and more stupid to the thread. It's actually an article you might get frothy over. Since it shows that QE is nothing more than a large scale bail out and boon for wall street bankers and hedge fund managers.

Instead, you'd rather turn the conversation into your "expertise" on a subject you've shown yourself ignorant on time and time again. You're just the most pathetic LOLberal here. The others seem to know when to abandon their pretzel logic. But you? Not you. You'll continue to make yourself look foolish like you're winning a cash prize over it.

...easier to believe we're more like in the late '70's.
We've already got Volcker back in Washington w/ his groupies, we got the stagnated economy, but what we don't have is either the inflation or any way of knowing whether stock prices still have another massive down turn before a 20-year growth span.

Maybe you should go read the article I offered up instead of adding more and more stupid to the thread. It's actually an article you might get frothy over. Since it shows that QE is nothing more than a large scale bail out and boon for wall street bankers and hedge fund managers.

And? Yeah...that's part of it. You have to keep financials afloat until they can float their own boats. Maybe you should face some financial realities. Letting century old companies die was and is a prescription for disaster. Didn't work out so well the last time that happened. We got something called a "Depression". Ever hear of it?

Instead, you'd rather turn the conversation into your "expertise" on a subject you've shown yourself ignorant on time and time again. You're just the most pathetic LOLberal here. The others seem to know when to abandon their pretzel logic. But you? Not you. You'll continue to make yourself look foolish like you're winning a cash prize over it.

Not at all ignorant.

You folks think it's better to let the whole economy go kaput to prove a point.

We've been there..and done that.

Your point sucked then, and it sucks now.

...easier to believe we're more like in the late '70's.
We've already got Volcker back in Washington w/ his groupies, we got the stagnated economy, but what we don't have is either the inflation or any way of knowing whether stock prices still have another massive down turn before a 20-year growth span.

Volcker's a genius. And he saved the American economy in the 70s. It was Reagan that returned us to boom and bust.

And? Yeah...that's part of it. You have to keep financials afloat until they can float their own boats. Maybe you should face some financial realities. Letting century old companies die was and is a prescription for disaster. Didn't work out so well the last time that happened. We got something called a "Depression". Ever hear of it?

Not at all ignorant.

You are a truly ignorant fucker, dude. Truly. I have no more time to waste on your type of stupid. From here on out you are the first and only member of my ignore list.

Not at all ignorant.

You are a truly ignorant fucker, dude. Truly. I have no more time to waste on your type of stupid. From here on out you are the first and only member of my ignore list.

Cool.

Because generally?

Your nasty and wholly ignorant posts add nothing to any discussion.

...assembly work...which is counted as manufacturing, but obviously it is not...
Ah. So any factory that's got an assembly line is "obviously" not a manufacturing plant.

We may not agree but at least I can now understand why you think America doesn't have any manufacturing plants. Then again, the thinking now would be that the U.S. never did have any.

really?
Manufacturing is the production of turning a material into a product, essentially.
I think you can follow along well enough without a 3 page dissertation that I am referring to the many small plants that have low skilled laborers, making low skill wages, taking foreign manufactured parts and providing finishing touches and minor assembly - and is counted as "manufacturing" in the same exact sense statistically as skilled manufacturing with double the wages.
Or you can continue to be obtuse.

...Volcker's a genius. And he saved the American economy in the 70s. It was Reagan that returned us to boom and bust...
First, let's understand that the Fed and the White-house are different institutions. Second, stable economic growth was more typical during Greenspan's tenure.
6253dd137ad7e48e741ec63581fea842.jpg

Forum List

Back