another ethically challenged gop rep resigns abruptly

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-Pa.), who previously announced his retirement from Congress following reports he had paid a secret settlement to a staffer who accused him of harassment, resigned outright Friday.

His resignation came as the House Ethics Committee continued a probe into his behavior that could have resulted in serious sanctions. The former aide, a younger woman, alleged that Meehan had confessed romantic feelings for her after she became involved with another man. Meehan, she alleged, later retaliated after she repelled his advances.

GOP Rep. Patrick Meehan resigns from Congress amid ethics probe

don't worry, pat

i'm sure you're qualified to run the va

Same ole, same ole.

It speaks to our times that something that would have garnered headlines a few years ago...is a ho-hum back page story.

Rep. Patrick Meehan (R-Pa.), who previously announced his retirement from Congress following reports he had paid a secret settlement to a staffer who accused him of harassment, resigned outright Friday.

His resignation came as the House Ethics Committee continued a probe into his behavior that could have resulted in serious sanctions. The former aide, a younger woman, alleged that Meehan had confessed romantic feelings for her after she became involved with another man. Meehan, she alleged, later retaliated after she repelled his advances.

don't worry, pat

Honestly, I'm surprised to see that some republicans have managed to retain any, if only a small, sense of shame.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
  • Banned

don't worry, pat

Honestly, I'm surprised to see that some republicans have managed to retain any, if only a small, sense of shame.

i don't think he resigned from a sense of shame at all.

he resigned because he's hoping the ethics committee will drop the investigation.

Dog shit party.

At least idiot GOP motherfuckers actually resign when they behave this way.

You have to vote out a crooked democrat or kill him. Or both.

Forum List

Back