Another Gay Athelete Comes Out!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Another inspiring moment for the children of America!

Derrick Gordon, a sophomore starter for the University of Massachusetts men's basketball team, publicly came out on Wednesday, becoming the first openly gay male NCAA Division 1 basketball player.

"I've always loved sports, but always felt I had to hide and be someone that I'm not," said Gordon, 22, in a statement. "For my whole life I've been living my life as a lie. I am telling my story so that athletes never feel like they have to hide. You can be true to yourself and play the sport that you love."

Gordon's story was shared in interviews with ESPN and OutSports. He came out to his family and teammates in early April.

Gordon told ESPN that a turning point for him came when Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player, was signed to a 10-day contract in February by the Brooklyn Nets. Collins shook up the sports world when he came out last May.

Good for him!

who the hell cares...I think we all could pretty much give a shit less he like to screw other men

I'd be embarrassed as hell to announce that to the world...but for some reason they feel we need it shoved in our faces

good for him.

that said, how is this inspiring for the "children" of america?

Gay children need role models too. The courage this man took is inspiring.

who the hell cares...I think we all could pretty much give a shit less he like to screw other men

I'd be embarrassed as hell to announce that to the world...but for some reason they feel we need it shoved in our faces

Yet we've had heterosexuality shoved down our throats for years.

Maybe Hillary will eat a pussy in the oval office and make everyone happy.

It might seem to some among us that "coming out" enhances an athlete's chances of breaking into the professional leagues.

Now what profession.........................

First he'll lobby for college basketball to allow for backing down and then the removal of the three second rule. After that the shot clock will be removed and then we'll just have incessant butt sex in the key.

It's all about getting attention. He's probably not a very good athlete so he didn't get the positive attention he craved so he has to resort to getting negative attention which is better than not at all.. For some folks, it's an addiction that needs constant feeding.

Too bad your parents were heterosexuals -- otherwise, you'd have nothing to complain about.

Maybe Hillary will eat a pussy in the oval office and make everyone happy.

Read "Trance Formation of America." She's been there and done that (according to the author).

Now this is a comment that should go down in history as the dumbest thing I have ever read. Ever. Sorry, but...really?

Another inspiring moment for the children of America!

Derrick Gordon, a sophomore starter for the University of Massachusetts men's basketball team, publicly came out on Wednesday, becoming the first openly gay male NCAA Division 1 basketball player.

"I've always loved sports, but always felt I had to hide and be someone that I'm not," said Gordon, 22, in a statement. "For my whole life I've been living my life as a lie. I am telling my story so that athletes never feel like they have to hide. You can be true to yourself and play the sport that you love."

Gordon's story was shared in interviews with ESPN and OutSports. He came out to his family and teammates in early April.

Gordon told ESPN that a turning point for him came when Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player, was signed to a 10-day contract in February by the Brooklyn Nets. Collins shook up the sports world when he came out last May.

Good for him!

Howey I want to apologize for the responses you have had up to this point. I'm embarrassed for America reading them.

2 Timothy 3:3 says, "Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age"

The bible never says to judge gays. In fact, it directly says, "Do not judge or be judged". In Timothy it doesn't state that Homosexuality has anything to do with the end of age, it's just increasingly evident.

But we Americans started to use the Bible as law (Even though the Constitution never mentions the Bible). We made laws to prevent certain citizens from getting married.

Now that this is being noticed as wrong I'm seeing the very people that stood beside this bigotry start to state such things as, "Who cares, why are we talking about this!" and "They just want attention!".......how uneducated are those statements...

This transition of America is fun to watch.

So the bible didn't tell us to hate gays, it just said that there would be lot's of sinners around the time that people hate gays (judging gays is a sin). In short, "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSWVi3X1ho4]one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back