Another Gay Athelete Comes Out!

who the hell cares...I think we all could pretty much give a shit less he like to screw other men

I'd be embarrassed as hell to announce that to the world...but for some reason they feel we need it shoved in our faces

Yet we've had heterosexuality shoved down our throats for years.

Too bad your parents were heterosexuals -- otherwise, you'd have nothing to complain about.

maybe when he was born...but modern tech could still allow an asshole like howey to be born to gay couples. surrogates. heteros use them.....

what say you?

who the hell cares...I think we all could pretty much give a shit less he like to screw other men

I'd be embarrassed as hell to announce that to the world...but for some reason they feel we need it shoved in our faces

Now this is a comment that should go down in history as the dumbest thing I have ever read. Ever. Sorry, but...really?

Completely agree :lol:

Heterosexual men don't make a public spectacle out of their sexuality. We don't shove our sexuality down your throat.

In fact I would be very curious for you to name all the instances you have had something shoved down your throat and what sexuality the person was who did it to you. Im guessing a very small % is Heterosexual :lol:

I just saw him interviewed. He's quite a guy. He discussed how he came out to his family and then his team mates.

I just saw him interviewed. He's quite a guy. He discussed how he came out to his family and then his team mates.

I am sure he is a great guy. But...why should we care that he likes men???

You shouldn't. However, until people start looking at someone that is gay as just a person then its a good thing this stuff is announced. When everyone starts asking the same question you did then it will stop.

But...seeing this guy play ball does not mean they see him as anything other than a guy that is in to sports. They don't see him humping someone..male or female! At least, I think that is what they see. But NOW when they see him..they will see him humping another guy. Right?
WHO CARES if he likes guys? I mean, really? WHO CARES? Nobody. Except him.

Ok..lets put this in perspective, shall we?

A baseball player decides to get in front of a tv camera, look into the lens and says "I am straight". Deer in headlights look crosses the faces of those watching. Like, AND? So what????

But...seeing this guy play ball does not mean they see him as anything other than a guy that is in to sports. They don't see him humping someone..male or female! At least, I think that is what they see. But NOW when they see him..they will see him humping another guy. Right?

I wouldn't see him humping another guy. I played ball with some guys I knew were probably gay. The thought occurred to me once or twice that they were gay but I didn't envision them humping another guy. I saw a teammate that needed to get me the ball so i could shoot!

I wouldn't see him humping another guy. I played ball with some guys I knew were probably gay. The thought occurred to me once or twice that they were gay but I didn't envision them humping another guy. I saw a teammate that needed to get me the ball so i could shoot!

Exactly!!!! So what does it matter they have to announce what they do in the bedroom??

Baseball player gets in front of the camera and says "I'm straight. The wife and I like to choke ourselves as we get off".
Like....ewww. And...why do we have to know this???? What does that have to do with baseball?

Bullshit.

Why is it bullshit? Every single pop song seems to be about hetrosexual love and half of the films out seem to be about it not to mention most TV shows? Yet the moment a few gay people talk about it, lobby for civil rights and there's a sitcom about it all of a sudden loads of uncomfortable gay people talk about homosexuality being shoved down their throats.

Now I'm not going to point out the obviously suspect nature of that phrase and speculate on the motives of the discomfort that having openly gay people talking about gay stuff but you'd have to be utterly blind not to see that if a little bit of gay in a majority straight society can be called "shoved down our throats" then the majority straight from a gay perspective must be that much greater.

Why? Seriously? How about we agree you like gay sex and that we won't get crude about it?

Last edited:
Another inspiring moment for the children of America!

Derrick Gordon, a sophomore starter for the University of Massachusetts men's basketball team, publicly came out on Wednesday, becoming the first openly gay male NCAA Division 1 basketball player.

"I've always loved sports, but always felt I had to hide and be someone that I'm not," said Gordon, 22, in a statement. "For my whole life I've been living my life as a lie. I am telling my story so that athletes never feel like they have to hide. You can be true to yourself and play the sport that you love."

Gordon's story was shared in interviews with ESPN and OutSports. He came out to his family and teammates in early April.

Gordon told ESPN that a turning point for him came when Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player, was signed to a 10-day contract in February by the Brooklyn Nets. Collins shook up the sports world when he came out last May.

Good for him!

We need bigger closets obviously

-Geaux

Why? Seriously? How about we agree you like gay sex and that we won't get crude about it?

Why what? Can you be more specific in your question?

I'm sure gay sex is just peachy but I've never given it a go before and I doubt my wife would let me now.

Forum List

Back