Another Lie From Obama

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
Actually, it's a repeat of a previous lie. Liberals are so good at that...repetitious lying!

Examiner Editorial: Obama falsely claims credit for America's energy boom | WashingtonExaminer.com

During the Friday event at which President Obama announced $2 billion in new green energy subsidies, he erroneously credited his administration's "all of the above" energy policy for the nation's increased oil and gas production. "We produce more oil than we have in 15 years," he said. "We import less oil than we have in 20 years. We're producing more natural gas than we ever have before -- with hundreds of thousands of good jobs to show for it."

The numbers and facts that Obama cited were all correct. But his claim is still false, unless he can somehow claim credit (and we wouldn't necessarily put it past him) for placing massive shale deposits below ground stretching from Texas to North Dakota and from the mountain West to western Maryland.

Obama's energy policy has done nothing positive for the current boom in the "unconventional" (shale and tar sands) oil and gas extraction industry -- a boom that has providentially boosted employment, improved the nation's balance of trade, and probably saved the incumbent president from defeat last November. Further, Obama's policy has actually reduced oil and gas production on federal lands, where it genuinely falls under Obama's power. A recent study by the Congressional Research Service found that all of the increased production from fiscal years 2007 to 2012 took place on nonfederal lands.

IDK or care it seems a positive for the U.S.A. thats all we really want right?

I like this- from another story on the subject:

But, the American Petroleum Institute points out that Obama could generate "billions of dollars" in additional revenue by simply allowing companies to access the vast oil and natural gas resources his administration has declared off-limits:

"Eighty-three percent of federal lands and waters are still off limits to oil and natural gas development. By failing to unlock new areas for energy production, the president's plan misses a golden opportunity to create jobs and generate billions of dollars in government revenue."

Obama: $2 Billion Green Energy Fund Would Enable Drivers To 'Go Coast-To-Coast Without Using a Drop of Oil' | CNS News

For a politician to take credit for something he did NOT do is misleading to the American public. This is not what we really want. We want the truth...something that is hard to come by when liberals are speaking.

Expanding extraction on private land and preserving reserves on federal land? Sounds good to me. Good job O.

Even private lands are being held hostage by enviro-tards who oppose hydraulic fracturing. Illinois will be lucky to get a fracturing bill passed, after being watered-down to the point of absurdity thanks to ignorant shitheads like you.

For a politician to take credit for something he did NOT do is misleading to the American public. This is not what we really want. We want the truth...something that is hard to come by when liberals are speaking.

Obama may have taken credit at some other moment, but not that I can see in the linked article.

Expanding extraction on private land and preserving reserves on federal land? Sounds good to me. Good job O.

It wasn't his doing. Had he his way, all oil production in the USA would be shut down. He is just as intent on destroying the petroleum industry as he was the coal industry...which he vowed to bankrupt.

Obama is a jobs killer!

Let's not forget the $40 billion in oil and gas taxes still resident in Obama's proposed budget.

How dare he invoke the notion of "research dollars" going toward NGV technology. Like he's bestowing some kind of gift? The fucker is taking it from that industry to begin with. What a clod.

Even private lands are being held hostage by enviro-tards who oppose hydraulic fracturing. Illinois will be lucky to get a fracturing bill passed, after being watered-down to the point of absurdity thanks to ignorant shitheads like you.

Yet revenues are soaring? :confused: The "enviro-tards" must not be so good at what they do. Or Obama's energy policies may not be anywhere near as restricting as the right claims. Just as with so many things they claim...

Reading the linked article, I don't exactly see that Obama is taking credit.
How could you miss it?

"We produce more oil than we have in 15 years," he said. "We import less oil than we have in 20 years. We're producing more natural gas than we ever have before -- with hundreds of thousands of good jobs to show for it."

Do you claim this does not constitute his taking credit for the increased production and accompanying jobs?...something he did not do?

Do you not see it as a LIE? (that he made it happen)

Yet revenues are soaring? :confused: The "enviro-tards" must not be so good at what they do. Or Obama's energy policies may not be anywhere near as restricting as the right claims. Just as with so many things they claim...

Advances in technologies and processes in these two (oil and gas) industries are the result of massive expenditures of private capital and the assumption of monumental risk. THAT is why revenues are soaring... as are payments of bonuses, royalties, and taxes to governments at all levels: local, state, and federal. AS IS employment soaring. Hydrocarbon development is saving this country's economic ass, you ass.

Entire counties and communities are voting for outright bans on fracturing- not based on science or data or historic evidence, but emotion and fear. This is what you and your ilk thrive (and generate soaring revenues) on... emotion and fear. It's how Gore built his empire.

As I referenced earier, 83% of federal lands and waters are off-limits to exploration. That is a fact. I'd call that "restricting".

Reading the linked article, I don't exactly see that Obama is taking credit.
How could you miss it?

"We produce more oil than we have in 15 years," he said. "We import less oil than we have in 20 years. We're producing more natural gas than we ever have before -- with hundreds of thousands of good jobs to show for it."

Do you claim this does not constitute his taking credit for the increased production and accompanying jobs?...something he did not do?

Do you not see it as a LIE? (that he made it happen)

He's stating facts. Much as I hate the fucking weasel and despise him for eschewing others' hard work to make himself look good... he's not taking "credit". At least not in that quoted article.

Entire counties and communities are voting for outright bans on fracturing- not based on science or data or historic evidence, but emotion and fear. This is what you and your ilk thrive (and generate soaring revenues) on... emotion and fear. It's how Gore built his empire.

So it's a conspiracy? To what end? Al Gore was rich before global warming and could have done many other things. What benefit is there for people to create a crazy little conspiracy rather than tapping into the crazy wealth of oil and other existing resources?

So it's a conspiracy? To what end? Al Gore was rich before global warming and could have done many other things. What benefit is there for people to create a crazy little conspiracy rather than tapping into the crazy wealth of oil and other existing resources?

Not a conspiracy, but a mass-attack of stupidity. To what end? Why, the end-game of all Liberals... righteousness in the name of supression of prosperity that is wrought from the "degredation" of nature.

Forum List

Back