Another potential boost for ObamaCare

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Another potential boost for Obamacare

Opponents of the Affordable Care Act tend to suggest expanded coverage resulting from the law’s Medicaid expansion somehow doesn’t really count as success. But the law’s goal is to expand coverage, and the Medicaid expansion is one of the tools it utilizes to accomplish that.

And here’s another way the Medicaid expansion could succeed — continuing to grow the built-in constituencies that will benefit from the Affordable Care Act.

I’m told that the Department of Health and Human Services has just notified Iowa that it is prepared to grant the state a waiver to pursue much of what it has asked for in response to its request for HHS approval to expand Medicaid-funded coverage to low income Iowans on the state’s own terms. “Iowa has proposed a lot of innovative ideas around the Medicaid expansion, and we’re really pleased to approve the waiver today,” an HHS official tells me.

This could make it more likely Iowa takes federal money to expand coverage — which could impact as many as 150,000 people — and that, in turn, could also signal that other states similarly looking to expand Medicaid in their own way could have an easier time doing that. This is a way out for Republican governors who are hostile to the law, but under internal pressure to accommodate the Medicaid expansion, since it means bucket-loads of federal money to cover their own constituents.

My bet is that R's will find some other way to screw over the people who need this so desperately.

But, I'd love to be wrong.

Are you saying that driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone, and making it harder for people that are really poor and need help, to get quality care, is a feature of Obamacare?

Luddy, the paid Obama and OScamcare cheerleader

I'd be embarrassed to been seen as tool

Opponents of the Affordable Care Act tend to suggest expanded coverage resulting from the law’s Medicaid expansion somehow doesn’t really count as success. But the law’s goal is to expand coverage, and the Medicaid expansion is one of the tools it utilizes to accomplish that.

And here’s another way the Medicaid expansion could succeed — continuing to grow the built-in constituencies that will benefit from the Affordable Care Act.

I’m told that the Department of Health and Human Services has just notified Iowa that it is prepared to grant the state a waiver to pursue much of what it has asked for in response to its request for HHS approval to expand Medicaid-funded coverage to low income Iowans on the state’s own terms. “Iowa has proposed a lot of innovative ideas around the Medicaid expansion, and we’re really pleased to approve the waiver today,” an HHS official tells me.

This could make it more likely Iowa takes federal money to expand coverage — which could impact as many as 150,000 people — and that, in turn, could also signal that other states similarly looking to expand Medicaid in their own way could have an easier time doing that. This is a way out for Republican governors who are hostile to the law, but under internal pressure to accommodate the Medicaid expansion, since it means bucket-loads of federal money to cover their own constituents.

My bet is that R's will find some other way to screw over the people who need this so desperately.

How about the millions that have been screwed over by the new law?
How about the Doctors who are screwed over, who now are getting 6.50 an hour from Medicare and Medicaid. That is less than the minimum wage, of which the left is all up in arms about.
The R's are trying to protect the people from this shitty bill.
R's plans are much better and it will work, unlike this bill.

If the goal was to expand Medicaid and drive up costs to the taxpayers then this points out yet another lie from Obozo, that this program pays for itself, that it doesn't cost us a dime. All of these are promised by Obozo himself..

SNIP:

Krauthammer: January Is Going To Be A Train Wreck For Obama, Democrats

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: Look, at every level, every number that you get on this is either inflated or deceptive. As we just heard from Steve [Hayes], the number of enrollees are not enrollees. It's people who put stuff in their shopping cart. Amazon would never call it a sale until you get a sale. And they don't know how many have made the sale. And that's because what they call euphemistically, the back-end, which is the cash register of the whole system, is not working.

The idea that you have to hand-match people who paid a premium with the insurers isn't 20th century technology, it is 19th century technology. An insurer has to find the person, call them up, go overall of the details on the form and then adjust them, which of course is impossible to do in any substantial number.

The administration speaks about having had 3 1/3 million signed up by the end of December. They are 3 million short as of now. There is no way it is conceivable that they could sign up that number and even if they did it is not conceivable that the insurers could hand-match the information. I think all of this is to assuage Democrats to give them something to hang their hats on and pretend everything is okay on the recess, but the beginning of January is going to be a train wreck for them.

from with comments at
Krauthammer: January Is Going To Be A Train Wreck For Obama Administration, Democrats | Video | RealClearPolitics

I'll bet that soon we will be hearing about medical schools begging for new students to enroll into their programs.

Because a young person would have to be insane to choose the medical profession as a career under Obamacare. ... :cool:

It is true that some people will benefit from obamacare. Many more will have to give up that planned vacation, raid the kid's college fund, stop mom and dad's date night once a month or some other little comfort just to give a few some poor medical insurance coverage of a dubious nature.

Who is the majority, the poor who needed that coverage, that would have benefited from a better system anyway or the workers who are now working in the service of providing them that care?

Luddy, the paid Obama and OScamcare cheerleader

I'd be embarrassed to been seen as tool

Wouldn't you be?
Geez...how gullible and low informational can a person get?
Let's quadruple Medicaid enrollees...that will save money!! ...I mean..WTF? Is it even possible someone could be that dumb?

So, ObamaScam really was a SCAM?

Instead of everyone having some SKIN IN THE GAME and buying and PAYING for Insurance

OScam instead refers people to go on Medicaid

So, ObamaScam really was a SCAM?

Instead of everyone having some SKIN IN THE GAME and buying and PAYING for Insurance

OScam instead refers people to go on Medicaid

In essence, I would answer your questions as yes. It is a scam.
I believe 100% that every single Democrat who voted for it - voted for it knowing that it was really a stepping stone to either single payer, or a significant tax increase...or both.
The math is very simple. And thusfar every single thing the Republicans were saying would happen - is indeed happening. The young and healthy will not pay into a system where they get nothing in return...no way..no how. Anyone believing so is a fool.
Thus, the system will fail. And either a single payer system will have to rescue it - or significant tax increases will have to bail it out.

I just wonder how the people in the coming elections will take to being sold a bill of goods that does Exactly the opposite it was suppose to do. Now adds more people onto welfare they get to pay for..Is Canceling people insurance policies they've had for years because of this law, and it just goes on and on?

Remember folks, they had to pass the bill to see what's in it...

You think they will feel they were Duped

People tried to WARN THEM...but oh no, Obama Obama Obama

sick

Last edited:
I just wonder how the people in the coming elections will take to being sold a bill of goods that does Exactly the opposite it was suppose to do. Now adds more people onto welfare they get to pay for..Is Canceling people insurance policies they've had for years because of this law, and it just goes on and on?

Remember folks, they had to pass the bill to see what's in it...

You think they will feel they were Duped

People tried to WARN THEM...but oh no, Obama Obama Obama

sick

Anyone today who is still supporting ACA as it is - is doing so dishonestly, or is like Duddly - a low information sheep.
If I was a liberal - I would hate this thing. I would be pissed as hell that the "coverage" of $10k deductible and 40% copay is what we got.
If I was a liberal I would want full coverage with no deductible, and no copay ran by the government - a.k.a. - single payer.
Instead we got a FUBAR system that for anyone making more than...on average...$48k household...will be forced to sign up and pay into a system where overwhelmingly most years of their life they will not see one cent in return - or pay a fine.
yeah...this is really something to support. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back