Another Rightwing Lie Exposed

Seriously tho, why do they have to lie about this and then defend it when it proven to be a lie?

Its like Healthmatters the other day saying that the EPA guys disagreed with Obama on Climate Change when at the bottom of his own link it said that all of the agree that GW was a problem that needed to be addressed.

We have the internet now

Because most on the partisan right know there are those who don't bother to read the articles and go to the bottom of the link for the facts and truth; all conservatives need to do is keep the lie alive – and unfortunately it often works.

The lie:

"The head of this band of savages, Abu al-Baghdadi, was released by the Obama administration and started ISIS one year later in 2010."

The truth:

This whopper has been all over Fox News. The reality is that the agreement to release Baghdadi was signed by President Bush in 2008 as part of the Status of Forces Agreement. In accordance with that agreement, Baghdadi was turned over to Iraqi authorities in 2009 and was further imprisoned in Iraq. Then the Iraqi government -- not Obama -- released Baghdadi from prison in 2010. Another account, uncovered by Politifact determined that Baghdadi might've been released in 2004, five years before Obama's inauguration.

If conservatives didn't lie they would have nothing to say.

send em to bed with no dinner :badgrin:

So a far left Obama drone poster believes the far left Obama drone blog site Huffington post.

Go figure..

they are running on desperate

making threads on some host yelling at women

petty and dumb

The lie:

"The head of this band of savages, Abu al-Baghdadi, was released by the Obama administration and started ISIS one year later in 2010."

The truth:

This whopper has been all over Fox News. The reality is that the agreement to release Baghdadi was signed by President Bush in 2008 as part of the Status of Forces Agreement. In accordance with that agreement, Baghdadi was turned over to Iraqi authorities in 2009 and was further imprisoned in Iraq. Then the Iraqi government -- not Obama -- released Baghdadi from prison in 2010. Another account, uncovered by Politifact determined that Baghdadi might've been released in 2004, five years before Obama's inauguration.

Coming from someone who lies constantly. You even lied in this article you just posted.

True or false. Obama was president when this guy was released?

Answer for those who are not intellectually bankrupt, True.

Yes, Bush signed it. So what?

Are you telling me Obama has no choice but to do whatever Bush said? Bush wasn't in the office. Obama was.

You keep telling us how bad Bush was, and how great Obama is, and then we find Obama following the same policies as Bush, but of course we're not allowed to blame him?

Obama follows Bush's policy, and you think Obama = good, Bush = Bad. Do you know what a hypocrite you are for pushing such a lame view?

Are you seriously suggesting to us that as long as Bush signed the law, if Obama follows it his entire 8 years, he's completely excused? No, you are just a partisan hack, with your head shoved so far up your own self centered Ideology you can't see anything else.

Obama doesn't even follow his own laws, now suddenly he's has to follow everything Bush did to the letter?
The issue is the Rightwing lie that Obama released Baghdadi.

He did not.

Coming from someone who lies constantly. You even lied in this article you just posted.

Really, asshole? Please produce some of my "lies".

Did Obama release him? That's the rightwing claim.

True or false?

True.

We just covered this. Obama was president when he was released.

If your wife locks up in the basement, and 5 days later, some idiot with a mickey mouse hat on opens the door letting me go... who let me go? The idiot with the mickey mouse hat. But but the wifey might have said you need to let me out! Maybe she signed a paper saying you need to let me out.

Doesn't matter. Ultimately Obama is the one that let him go. It happened on his watch. He is responsible for the policy, if he leaves the policy in place.

Obama let him go. If you are too stupid to figure that out mickey mouse boy, that's your problem.

Again, for the retards:

Then the Iraqi government -- not Obama -- released Baghdadi from prison in 2010. Another account, uncovered by Politifact determined that Baghdadi might've been released in 2004, five years before Obama's inauguration.

Iraq was a sovereign country who released one of their own prisoners.

OR

He was released by Bush in 2004.

Either way, it's a Rightwing lie to blame Obama.

The lie:

Are NBC liars too?

"The colonel recalled that when Baghdadi was turned over to the Iraqi authorities in 2009"

The Secret Life of ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - NBC News

Frankly, I think the story is pretty silly as is blaming Obama for it. However, when Democrats point that finger with your endlessly doing the same, I just have to laugh at you. W not only was responsible for FEMA, but he caused the hurricane! LOL, an indignant liberal inevitably turns out to be a hypocrite on the matter....

Which is what the OP says:

The reality is that the agreement to release Baghdadi was signed by President Bush in 2008 as part of the Status of Forces Agreement. In accordance with that agreement, Baghdadi was turned over to Iraqi authorities in 2009 and was further imprisoned in Iraq. Then the Iraqi government -- not Obama -- released Baghdadi from prison in 2010.

In your deluded wingnut world, was Obama supposed to rescind Bush's SOFA over this one guy?

The lie:

Are NBC liars too?

"The colonel recalled that when Baghdadi was turned over to the Iraqi authorities in 2009"

Frankly, I think the story is pretty silly as is blaming Obama for it. However, when Democrats point that finger with your endlessly doing the same, I just have to laugh at you. W not only was responsible for FEMA, but he caused the hurricane! LOL, an indignant liberal inevitably turns out to be a hypocrite on the matter....

The reality is that the agreement to release Baghdadi was signed by President Bush in 2008 as part of the Status of Forces Agreement. In accordance with that agreement, Baghdadi was turned over to Iraqi authorities in 2009 and was further imprisoned in Iraq. Then the Iraqi government -- not Obama -- released Baghdadi from prison in 2010.

In your deluded wingnut world, was Obama supposed to rescind Bush's SOFA over this one guy?

LOL, when you only have DNC talking points, all the world is a Republican. You know what cracks me up is how you say Republicans are Black and White, Democrats see gray. But the world is only Republicans and Democrats.... LOL, think about it. But not too hard, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Yes, Obama has certainly followed W's policy. In your fog of stupidity, you didn't grasp the point. I am just pointing out accurately that it wasn't just reported by a Fox ... commentator. It was reported by NBC as well. Who you are silent about. It's about your double standard.

This bullshit the left has been shovelling has already been blown out of the water.

It's not just Fox that reported this. Daily Beast, Slate, NBC, Daily Mail UK and more including the BBC has reported his release in 2009.

Punditfact is a left wing wanna be. You should see who started it and keeps it going. Major Obama and Kerry supporter, the founder of Craiglist.

I'll beleive the "released in 2004" story when I see BBC retract their profile mmm'Kay.

Man you liberal assholes will try to cover for Obama no matter what the fucker does. It's unreal.

Take off your kneepads and rose colored glasses and get a fucking grip will you?

Just checked again. BBC has not retracted that Baghdadi was held for four years.

Completely contradicting what all the liberal assholes are trying to put over on everyone. BBC is as left wing as they come, but they as compared to the majority of American media outlets actually report the fucking news.

Some believe he was already a militant jihadist during the rule of Saddam Hussein. Others suggest he was radicalised during the four years he was held at Camp Bucca, a US facility in southern Iraq where many al-Qaeda commanders were detained.
Image of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi taken from the US government National Counterterrorism Center The US government released an image of the ISIS leader and offered a reward of $10m

He emerged as the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, one of the groups that later became ISIS, in 2010, and rose to prominence during the attempted merger with al-Nusra Front in Syria.

BBC News - Profile: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Seriously tho, why do they have to lie about this and then defend it when it proven to be a lie?

Its like Healthmatters the other day saying that the EPA guys disagreed with Obama on Climate Change when at the bottom of his own link it said that all of the agree that GW was a problem that needed to be addressed.

We have the internet now

The specific thread was
"NOT ONE of the EPA guys raised their hands" when asked by:

Senator Jeff Sessions says:
"The President on November 14th 2012 said,
‘The temperature around the globe is increasing faster than was predicted, even ten years ago.’
And then on May 29th last year he also said - quote -
‘We also know that the climate is warming faster than anybody anticipated five or ten years ago.’ Close quote.

So I would ask each of our former Administrators if any of you agree that that’s an accurate statement on the climate. So if you do, raise your hand.”
"Thank you," said Senator Sessions.
"The record will reflect no one raised their hand."

That’s a 100 per cent consensus that the President’s words were not an “accurate statement”.
- See more at: Four former EPA chiefs refuse to endorse Obama's claims about global warming | Poor Richard's News

NOT ONE of the 4 EPA guys AGREED with Obama's statement:
‘The temperature around the globe is increasing faster than was predicted, even ten years ago.’
‘We also know that the climate is warming faster than anybody anticipated five or ten years ago.’

So DID THE 4 EPA guys AGREE with Obama's statements?? NO! They did NOT raise their hands!
Is that so complicated to understand???

Bush had agreement to leave troops in place too...How'd that work out? Was Obama locked in to it?

Horowitz said, that he was released "on Obama's watch", not that Obama personally let him out

Word for the day:

FRANK'NPRANK: A non sequitur half-truth wrapped in an Idiot-Gram.

Last edited:
It was the Obama administration that shut down the Bucca prison camp. All the prisoners, including Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, if that's even his real name, were remanded to the Iraqi government who later released him.

The lie:

The truth:

Last edited:

We have the internet now

The specific thread was
"NOT ONE of the EPA guys raised their hands" when asked by:

Senator Jeff Sessions says:
"The President on November 14th 2012 said,
And then on May 29th last year he also said - quote -
‘We also know that the climate is warming faster than anybody anticipated five or ten years ago.’ Close quote.

So I would ask each of our former Administrators if any of you agree that that’s an accurate statement on the climate. So if you do, raise your hand.”
"Thank you," said Senator Sessions.
"The record will reflect no one raised their hand."

That’s a 100 per cent consensus that the President’s words were not an “accurate statement”.
- See more at: Four former EPA chiefs refuse to endorse Obama's claims about global warming | Poor Richard's News

NOT ONE of the 4 EPA guys AGREED with Obama's statement:
‘We also know that the climate is warming faster than anybody anticipated five or ten years ago.’

So DID THE 4 EPA guys AGREE with Obama's statements?? NO! They did NOT raise their hands!
Is that so complicated to understand???

Nice dance moves but you saw when I said
when at the bottom of his own link it said that all of the agree that GW was a problem that needed to be addressed.

And its good that you ignored and sidestepped it because now I know you're lying by omission and KNOW that you are lying...not that you're ignorant, you're just dishonest on purpose

The lie:
The truth:

Really, asshole? Please produce some of my "lies".

Did Obama release him? That's the rightwing claim.

True or false?

You supported Obama when he armed these guys in Syria didn't you?

Are NBC liars too?

LOL, when you only have DNC talking points, all the world is a Republican. You know what cracks me up is how you say Republicans are Black and White, Democrats see gray. But the world is only Republicans and Democrats.... LOL, think about it. But not too hard, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Yes, Obama has certainly followed W's policy. In your fog of stupidity, you didn't grasp the point. I am just pointing out accurately that it wasn't just reported by a Fox ... commentator. It was reported by NBC as well. Who you are silent about. It's about your double standard.

You're trying to change the subject. It's not about policy, it's about the Status Of Forces Agreement that the Bush administration had just completed.

That's not something a new president is going to scuttle upon entering office. If you don't understand this, then you are naive about politics, and reality.

The lie:

The truth:

But...but.. Bush is gone, don't you see? That means OBama did everything! Even if he didn't! u moran! i'm gonna go have some BRAWNDO now

Forum List

Back