Another storm heading to snow-slammed South: Latest forecast

I guess it's all because of Global Warming ------
Correct. Although the proper term is Climate Change.
Global warming or climate change, the right-wingers' refusal to understand either term is rooted in the same brainwashing the makes them believe in Reaganomics, trickle down, and the wonderful benefits we all share in with unregulated free market capitalism.

In other words, the right-wing nuts believe every GOP fairytale they're told, but all facts must be denied or ignored.

Looking like Winter out there.....stay warm and stay safe!

Yep. Was Zero here this morning with absolutely no melt as it only got up to 12 Deg. Another 3 to 6 inches snow expected.
That’s par for the course in MA. You people are soft....he he

I KID!!
We got the snow. Snowed all day, as we added another 5 inches or so. Gave me an excuse to break out the Northface ski ware since I didn't go skiing this season. Worked outside off and on all day, warm as toast. Not like the April blizzard I got to see on the Sandia Crest last time I visited your stated for a couple of weeks.

Global warming or climate change, the right-wingers' refusal to understand either term is rooted in the same brainwashing the makes them believe in Reaganomics, trickle down, and the wonderful benefits we all share in with unregulated free market capitalism.

In other words, the right-wing nuts believe every GOP fairytale they're told, but all facts must be denied or ignored.

Yea...it’s going to get cold in winter....what a shocking development.

LOL@"proper term"

Point me at the guy who decides these things!
They’re called climatologists. If you don’t know what that is, they’re scientists.
We know what they are called: frauds.

About the only professions that are taken less seriously are those of an economist, or a journalist.

LOL@"proper term"

Point me at the guy who decides these things!
They’re called climatologists. If you don’t know what that is, they’re scientists.
IPCC scientists that work at the leisure of their paymasters to push "Global Warming" and paid for by the elites that started the Club of Rome and own the U.N????? THOSE scientists??????

Do I need to provide their own words to show you what the real agenda is? I might need to "dumb it down" a little for you because there are many multi-syllable words. Do you have access to an on-line dictionary?

Help me, help you!

(snicker)

OK. I have now assessed the situation. I think there are a few things people in the south and Midwest/south need to take into consideration. This could be happening from here on out every year. The first time I encountered it was maybe 10 years ago in Chicagoland. Then it repeated. But, we had a couple of things that I am not seeing where I'm at now. First of all we already had our gear hats, gloves etc. snow blowers and bags of salt that had been purchased in September when they were on sale.

When it snows the trucks are already on the road. They have salt and, now, beet juice. Ya need massive trucks on the roads. They are clearing the city streets AND the Interstates AND the county roads. Not the pick up trucks with the shovel on the front. Those guys come to shovel off the drive way, parking lot and what have you. I mention that because there is a town that actually had that on the city streets. The city I live in apparently doesn't do anything on my street so that might have been alright. Also, the water pipes were wrapped under the house so they didn't freeze and burst.

If we are going to do this shit there is a better way.
I agree..it's a mindset more than it is anything else.
Of course, it all comes down to money..and Oklahoma and Texas are not going to spend like that..unless this keeps happening.
Individuals can make their lives much easier though. Wrap those pipes, have a Genny, spend on insulation--keep a food stash...a week minimum--same with prescription meds.

In extremis, you can cordon off a room with blankets...and create a warm zone.

No..you don't need that 6 cases of TP...LOL~
Well, sure you do. Before any good storm ('specially one featuring tornados) you have to go to the store and get toilet paper, chocolate and beer.

It does come down to money. I think first we need to know if we are going to do this on a repeat.

Well, sure you do. Before any good storm ('specially one featuring tornados) you have to go to the store and get toilet paper, chocolate and beer.
Good choices.
Yep. Everyone has to resist the urge to jump in their cars to drive down the interstate when a storm with the possibility of tornados is forecast. The best chocolate, beer and toilet paper is 20 miles away.

OK. I have now assessed the situation. I think there are a few things people in the south and Midwest/south need to take into consideration. This could be happening from here on out every year. The first time I encountered it was maybe 10 years ago in Chicagoland. Then it repeated. But, we had a couple of things that I am not seeing where I'm at now. First of all we already had our gear hats, gloves etc. snow blowers and bags of salt that had been purchased in September when they were on sale.

When it snows the trucks are already on the road. They have salt and, now, beet juice. Ya need massive trucks on the roads. They are clearing the city streets AND the Interstates AND the county roads. Not the pick up trucks with the shovel on the front. Those guys come to shovel off the drive way, parking lot and what have you. I mention that because there is a town that actually had that on the city streets. The city I live in apparently doesn't do anything on my street so that might have been alright. Also, the water pipes were wrapped under the house so they didn't freeze and burst.

Of course, it all comes down to money..and Oklahoma and Texas are not going to spend like that..unless this keeps happening.
Individuals can make their lives much easier though. Wrap those pipes, have a Genny, spend on insulation--keep a food stash...a week minimum--same with prescription meds.

It does come down to money. I think first we need to know if we are going to do this on a repeat.
I don't mind a few beers every now and then but I'm a Port and Cognac chap....ALWAYS have a good supply. I hide it when the wife wants to make trifles.

Greg

Good choices.
Yep. Everyone has to resist the urge to jump in their cars to drive down the interstate when a storm with the possibility of tornados is forecast. The best chocolate, beer and toilet paper is 20 miles away.
I commuted into Hartford, Connecticut for 13 years. Our office closed maybe three times, when the governor shut the roads down completely. So I made that rush hour commute in snowstorms many times. What was a 15-20 minute drive on Sunday mornings took about 45 in good weather during rush hour traffic, but when it snowed, it could take forever. It NEVER failed that with the falling of the first few flakes, some cheerful citizen would jump in their old heap with bald tires and barrel out onto I 91, get in a wreck, and close at least one lane for an hour. It NEVER failed.

Most Connecticut drivers are good drivers. The bad ones are dead. But they drive very fast. Not a good plan in snow and ice, even if you are in a beemer.

I don't mind a few beers every now and then but I'm a Port and Cognac chap....ALWAYS have a good supply. I hide it when the wife wants to make trifles.

Greg
Grand Marinier is my favorite for truffles.

Greg
Grand Marinier is my favorite for truffles.
SOK; it's just a sweet grog without character. It'd make a nice trifle though. It is based on cognac but frankly if a cognac is any good it needs nothing added.

Greg

Good choices.
I commuted into Hartford, Connecticut for 13 years. Our office closed maybe three times, when the governor shut the roads down completely. So I made that rush hour commute in snowstorms many times. What was a 15-20 minute drive on Sunday mornings took about 45 in good weather during rush hour traffic, but when it snowed, it could take forever. It NEVER failed that with the falling of the first few flakes, some cheerful citizen would jump in their old heap with bald tires and barrel out onto I 91, get in a wreck, and close at least one lane for an hour. It NEVER failed.

Most Connecticut drivers are good drivers. The bad ones are dead. But they drive very fast. Not a good plan in snow and ice, even if you are in a beemer.
I've never been to Connecticut. Never a good plan to speed but, I have had some good folks tell me that if you drive top slow you can also cause a wreck. Those people have four wheel drives.

Looking like Winter out there.....stay warm and stay safe!

Yep. Was Zero here this morning with absolutely no melt as it only got up to 12 Deg. Another 3 to 6 inches snow expected.
Where are you again?
whoops; wrong guy. It's about 80oF here.

Greg
Neat. we're up to 21, heading for 30, the highest we have seen for over a week. Nothing like life in the mid-south.

Forum List

Back