Anti-HB2 Billboard near NC state line tells visitors to ‘set your clock back 100 years’

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
HB2billboard.jpg

NC just up until a few years ago was considered as the Souths progressive state has descended into a Mississippi backward state run by bible thumping inbreds of the cracka christer party

Thankfully this bible thumping mentality will be gone and not tolerated by the next generation

Anti-HB2 billboard near NC state line tells visitors to ‘set your clock back 100 years’

Last edited:
View attachment 71051
NC just up until a few years ago was considered as the Souths progressive state has descended into a Mississippi backward state run by bible thumping inbreds of the cracka christer party

Thankfully this bible thumping mentality will be gone ad not tolerated by the next generation

Anti-HB2 billboard near NC state line tells visitors to ‘set your clock back 100 years’

There are a lot of people that are much too ignorant to understand the law in South Carolina.

View attachment 71051

Thankfully this bible thumping mentality will be gone and not tolerated by the next generation

That is perfect. The public flogging continues.

They are in essence being made to wear the modern day scarlet letter.

View attachment 71051

Kids are getting horrifyingly conservative these days. I dont know why? They dont have much of a future.

Are you sure this is really being fueled primarily by Christians? I haven't seen too many posters defending the law that are behaving like Christians. What has a transsexual using the bathroom got to do with anyone's faith?

I think that's just the bit that's being tossed around. The rest of it is just basically legalizing discrimination of gays by religious folks. Frankly the bathroom thing is stupid to me, I'm more worried about the "slippery slope" shit in it. If I go visiting and some prick tells me to put on a dress and "mind my place" I'm libel to be paying for an assault lawsuit (I tend to identify male plus I've actually dealt with sexual discrimination in the exec field so I admit I can lose my temper over shit like that) Needless to say I'm not planning on ever visiting NC :p

I think that's just the bit that's being tossed around. The rest of it is just basically legalizing discrimination of gays by religious folks. Frankly the bathroom thing is stupid to me, I'm more worried about the "slippery slope" shit in it. If I go visiting and some prick tells me to put on a dress and "mind my place" I'm libel to be paying for an assault lawsuit (I tend to identify male plus I've actually dealt with sexual discrimination in the exec field so I admit I can lose my temper over shit like that) Needless to say I'm not planning on ever visiting NC :p
What's the slippery slope? What worries you about it?

Stuff like this:

PART I. SINGLE-SEX MULTIPLE OCCUPANCY BATHROOM AND CHANGING FACILITIES

SECTION 521.2. Single-sex multiple occupancy bathroom and changing facilities. (New article)

(c) Accommodations Permitted. – Nothing in this section shall prohibit local boards of education from providing accommodations such as single occupancy bathroom or changing facilities or controlled use of faculty facilities upon a request due to special circumstances, but in no event shall that accommodation result in the local boards of education allowing a student to use a multiple occupancy bathroom or changing facility designated under subsection for a sex other than the student's biological sex.

----

There's the same wording under 143-760 that applies to "public agencies" (Also a new article)

So in other words, even if a school or gov owned building (which is like the library, the court house, the police station, even /Federal/ offices) desires to accommodate a transgender (like Charlotte) they are /not/ allowed to by this law.

I was okay with a private business denying to make a gay cake, I believe in business rights - and yet here the Christians are doing the exact same bullshit, and worse imo because they are actually using the power and authority of the gov. to do it - it's not just a random person who is upset about having to find a new baker, its the state itself /forcing/ discrimination.

I don't like it, I don't like the precedence it sets, I don't like the religious control groups that are driving it. I don't trust it. It's just a matter of time before they branch this shit out to /force/ businesses to 'accommodate' this policy - I'll be the exact same policy with the bakery - or worse start passing shit to 'protect and accommodate [aka force] their religious beliefs' on businesses as well.

PART III. PROTECTION OF RIGHTS IN EMPLOYMENT AND PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS

SECTION 3.1. G.S. 143-422.2 Legislative declaration.

(a) It is the public policy of this State to protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of all persons to seek, obtain and hold employment without discrimination or abridgement on account of race, religion, color, national origin, age, biological sex or handicap by employers which regularly employ 15 or more employees.

(b) It is recognized that the practice of denying employment opportunity and discriminating in the terms of employment foments domestic strife and unrest, deprives the State of the fullest utilization of its capacities for advancement and development, and substantially and adversely affects the interests of employees, employers, and the public in general.

(c) The General Assembly declares that the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment is properly an issue of general, statewide concern, such that this Article and other applicable provisions of the General Statutes supersede and preempt any ordinance, regulation, resolution, or policy adopted or imposed by a unit of local government or other political subdivision of the State that regulates or imposes any requirement upon an employer pertaining to the regulation of discriminatory practices in employment, except such regulations applicable to personnel employed by that body that are not otherwise in conflict with State law."

----

Basically amending current law to wipe out all accommodation /and/ legal redress for discrimination against LGBT's in the state, and not only that, superseding all laws on the books protecting LGBT's regardless of an individuals cities accommodation practices (again Charlotte) That's fucked up if you ask me. On the other hand, shit like this is exactly how we ended up with a SCOTUS ruling for SSM banning being unconstitutional and wiping that bullshit off the books for /all/ states, so I'll take this one as I suspect the ends will justify the means.

PART II. STATEWIDE CONSISTENCY IN LAWS RELATED TO EMPLOYMENT AND CONTRACTING

Article 49B Equal Access to Public Accommodations (New article)

§ 143-422.11. Legislative declaration.

(a) It is the public policy of this State to protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of all individuals within the State to enjoy fully and equally the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of places of public accommodation free of discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, or biological sex, provided that designating multiple or single occupancy bathrooms or changing facilities according to biological sex, as defined in G.S. 143-760(a)(1), (3), and (5), shall not be deemed to constitute discrimination.

(b) The General Assembly declares that the regulation of discriminatory practices in places of public accommodation is properly an issue of general, statewide concern, such that this Article and other applicable provisions of the General Statutes supersede and preempt any ordinance, regulation, resolution, or policy adopted or imposed by a unit of local government or other political subdivision of the State that regulates or imposes any requirement pertaining to the regulation of discriminatory practices in places of public accommodation.

§ 143-422.12. Places of public accommodation – defined.

For purposes of this Article, places of public accommodation has the same meaning as defined in G.S. 168A-3(8), but shall exclude any private club or other establishment not, in fact, open to the public.

----

See above note on it's only a matter of time before the force this on businesses.

SECTION 3.2. G.S. 143-422.3 Investigations; conciliations.

The Human Relations Commission in the Department of Administration shall have the authority to receive charges of discrimination from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission pursuant to an agreement under Section 709(b) of Public Law 88-352, as amended by Public Law 92-261, and investigate and conciliate charges of discrimination. Throughout this process, the agency shall use its good offices to effect an amicable resolution of the charges of discrimination. This Article does not create, and shall not be construed to create or support, a statutory or common law private right of action, and no person may bring any civil action based upon the public policy expressed herein."

-----

See above note on removal of legal redress.

Are you sure this is really being fueled primarily by Christians? I haven't seen too many posters defending the law that are behaving like Christians. What has a transsexual using the bathroom got to do with anyone's faith?
Why do you support a man using a woman's bathroom?

Why do RW'ers associate men being in the same restroom as women open rape season as if men cant control themselves or a pissy twat is soooo hawt?

Forum List

Back