Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

Morality clauses are strange clauses. Not all contracts have them because they are very hard to prove violated. For instance a star who is openly homosexual would not violate a morality clause if he was giving an outspoken speech on gay rights even if he worked for the Family Channel. Someone known to be a drug user or alcoholic would not violate a morality clause when arrested for a drug or alcohol offense. Aaron Hernandez killed someone and no one thought that violated some morality clause.
Even morality clauses are construed under what you see is what you get. You might think that a blanket clause that an individual is prohibited from embarrassing the employer network or studio is important but it would be void as being too vague. One person's embarrassment may not to someone else. That might be the reason that no one is discussing a morality clause but you.

How embarrassed is this network if they are running DD marathons? Not too embarrassed are they? Can they come back later and say they are too embarrassed to have him on their program lineup? No. Even if there were an applicable morality clause subsequent behavior has destroyed its usefulnes
Industry leaders have called what A&E did is a rookie mistake. Now they have to find a way out.

It's hardly "no one but me" mentioning the morality clause; several posters here as well as several articles on several sites including Fox news have brought it up. The fact that you're so pigheaded that you insist on pretending nobody's mentioned this, that's your problem.

And no, the network is neither "embarrassed" nor "looking for a way out". Second, there is no situation to need a "way out" of, because it's done. And first, once again for the obtusely deaf, a corporation does not act out of "embarrassment", "outrage" or "upset". Those are emotions. It operates for its bottom line. That bottom line explains both the suspension and the continued running/rerunning of the show.

There is no issue here. Take your fingers out of your ears and move the fuck on.

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Pretty funny. You are merely defending someone you agree with. So when someone YOU agree with decides to make PUBLIC his or her private beliefs, and those beliefs show their blatant bigotry, intolerance and narcissism, everyone else should just shut the fuck up.

You are an idiot, thanks for making THAT public.

Uh oh, minor problem [MENTION=19018]Bfgrn[/MENTION].

I'm pro-gay rights. I'm agnostic. I don't agree with what he said.

Wanna try again?

:laugh:

You guys are completely blinded by your hatred, and SO damn easy.

Last edited:

Hey [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION], I must have missed your response to this post.

Have you tried the Google thing I suggested?

Here, let me refresh your memory, no charge:

And keep in mind, PC (Political Correctness) is a Marxist-invented ideal. It's meant to keep the sheep in line. It's been around for a long time.

Nonsense.

‘PC’ is a partisan rightwing contrivance; a conservative myth that manifested around the time of the republican Southern Strategy as a countermeasure to the racism that began to appear in the GOP as a consequence of the Strategy.

‘PC’ is a classic republican creation, designed to deflect attention from the right to the left by attempting to accuse liberals of the ‘intolerance’ that republicans and conservatives in fact practice.

[MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION], once again, my congratulations on this tactic of simply denying the very existence of PC. Seriously, I wouldn't have the nerve to deny the existence of something so universally acknowledged, so pervasive. Good on you! That takes balls!

Anyway, I thought I would help, so I utilized this "internet" thing called "Google". In the "search box", I entered "Political Correctness Examples". And holy shit! It came back with "about 1,710,000 results". Can you believe that?

Here, just click on this and you'll find just OODLES of examples of what I am referring to as "Political Correctness". The weird thing is, all KINDS of people seem to know what PC is, and somehow you've never run up against it. That's okay, I'm happy to help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Even freakin' Dictionary.com has an entry for PC: Political correctness | Define Political correctness at Dictionary.com

But wait! There's more! Even your fellow liberal rightwinger weighed in here:

Every society has Political Correctness

WOW! So much to see! Please let me know if you have any questions!

(Full disclosure: I'm guessing you'll STILL deny the existence of PC, and, just between you and me, I can't wait to see how you do it!)

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Pretty funny. You are merely defending someone you agree with. So when someone YOU agree with decides to make PUBLIC his or her private beliefs, and those beliefs show their blatant bigotry, intolerance and narcissism, everyone else should just shut the fuck up.

Wanna try again?

You can say that again!

Wanna try again?

Agree with him or not, when someone get up on a soapbox and makes their private views public domain, they are inviting push back and ridicule, especially when those views are as toxic, narcissistic and derogatory as Robertson's. HE is the one who opened his pie hole. No one forced him to spew his venom. Robertson is a self righteous, self-centered narcissist.

Yet you give HIM a complete pass, and you are giving NONE to the people who objected to his venomous diatribe. I guess THEY should have remained SILENT.

HE brought the wrath upon himself. But you are blinded by your hatred for liberals. You 'claim' to be non-partisanship, but the reality is you see yourself as above everyone else...a TRUE narcissist.

A liberal gay man has you and Robertson pegged...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Wanna try again?

Agree with him or not, when someone get up on a soapbox and makes their private views public domain, they are inviting push back and ridicule, especially when those views are as toxic, narcissistic and derogatory as Robertson's. HE is the one who opened his pie hole. No one forced him to spew his venom. Robertson is a self righteous, self-centered narcissist.

Yet you give HIM a complete pass, and you are giving NONE to the people who objected to his venomous diatribe. I guess THEY should have remained SILENT.

HE brought the wrath upon himself. But you are blinded by your hatred for liberals. You 'claim' to be non-partisanship, but the reality is you see yourself as above everyone else...a TRUE narcissist.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

We all have our priorities when it comes to political issues. In my case, the intellectual dishonesty and absolutism perpetrated by the PC Police is more of an annoyance to me than gay rights. Guilty there, that's just the way my little brain works. PC is hurting far more people than bigotry against gays.

And I don't consider my self "non-partisan". I'm "anti-partisan", because partisan ideologues are causing great damage to this country. I'm partisan on any given issue, but my opinions don't happen to conveniently and transparently fall in line with those of one silly "side".

You clearly don't see what I'm saying on this topic, so you default to the notion that I support the hairy duck guy. It's a little more complicated than that, but I know how partisan ideologues like to keep things nice and simple.

We all have our priorities when it comes to political issues. In my case, the intellectual dishonesty and absolutism perpetrated by the PC Police is more of an annoyance to me than gay rights. Guilty there, that's just the way my little brain works. PC is hurting far more people than bigotry against gays.

Really? Who was beaten up or killed because of Political Correctness?

Seriously Mac, what about this Duckfuck thing has you so riled up? He said something some found offensive and they called him on it. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Nobody wants to legislate his speech. Hell, nobody I've heard even called for the asshole to be suspended or fired so what's your beef with this? Who do you think has "gone too far"?

Wanna try again?

Oscar Wilde

And I don't consider my self "non-partisan". I'm "anti-partisan", because partisan ideologues are causing great damage to this country. I'm partisan on any given issue, but my opinions don't happen to conveniently and transparently fall in line with those of one silly "side".

You clearly don't see what I'm saying on this topic, so you default to the notion that I support the hairy duck guy. It's a little more complicated than that, but I know how partisan ideologues like to keep things nice and simple.

The "PC police" is a fabrication of right wing rhetors. That makes you a parrot.

And we see it works by the posting on here who agree with A&E and Glaad and not stand up for Phils freedoms of speech

that should scare us

Homophobic assholes don't need "support", they need treatment.

before they hurt someone.

you have re-education camps in mind do you?
you people and your dramatic..You will FORCE people to like and accept homosexual or send them for treatment...How tolerant and fascist of you...But people better wake up because that is what groups like Glaad would like for you...
all you people are doing with crap like this with Phil is driving more people to dislike them...so pat yourselves on the back...bravo

I think some of you people need "re-education".

Again, you stupid idiots go around hating on the gays, while the 1%ers are dismantling your middle class lifestyle.

Incidently, while waiting for the new Doctor Who episode last night, I got to watch a few episodes of Duck Dynasty.

Frankly, you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy.

Seriously Mac, what about this Duckfuck thing has you so riled up? He said something some found offensive and they called him on it. Isn't that how it's supposed to work? Nobody wants to legislate his speech. Hell, nobody I've heard even called for the asshole to be suspended or fired so what's your beef with this? Who do you think has "gone too far"?

This issue with the duck guy is just the latest and biggest example of what I'm talking about. I've never seen the show, I've never heard anything that would make me want to watch it, I don't like what he said about gays, I have no idea if there is a God or not.

And I absolutely admit to being big-time sensitive about PC, because I'm a completely virulent and somewhat psychotic proponent of the First Amendment. To make a (very) long story short, the gay issue is just one subset of a larger issue regarding PC for me.

I've always been touched by the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Can't tell you why, I just am. I feel terribly lucky to have been born here. And when people are punished for saying what they think, or intimidated from saying it in the first place, I get really pissed off.

I could keep going, I hope that answers your question.

Oscar Wilde

The "PC police" is a fabrication of right wing rhetors. That makes you a parrot.

Ah, another one who denies the very existence of PC.

Tell you what - C Clayton Jones won't respond to me on this, let's see if you will: I have Googled "Political Correctness Examples" here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pol...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If you have just one ounce of intellectual curiosity, even one half ounce of intellectual honesty, you might consider clicking on that link and seeing BOTH ends of the spectrum discussing far more than just its existence.

This is why trying to communicate with partisan ideologues is usually a waste of time. They just refuse to be honest.

This issue with the duck guy is just the latest and biggest example of what I'm talking about. I've never seen the show, I've never heard anything that would make me want to watch it, I don't like what he said about gays, I have no idea if there is a God or not.

And I absolutely admit to being big-time sensitive about PC, because I'm a completely virulent and somewhat psychotic proponent of the First Amendment. To make a (very) long story short, the gay issue is just one subset of a larger issue regarding PC for me.

I've always been touched by the phrase "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Can't tell you why, I just am. I feel terribly lucky to have been born here. And when people are punished for saying what they think, or intimidated from saying it in the first place, I get really pissed off.

A big defender of the first amendment...for WHOM? You defend Phil Robertson's right to spew his venom, and the people he is ridiculing and degrading have the right to remain SILENT.

Oscar Wilde

The A&E GLAAD combination is a perfect example of the PC police. GLAAD bleats, and before any form of public backlash occurs, A&E caves to an interest group.

Deny it all you want, it exists, and this is a perfect example of it.

No, it doesn't answer it at all since nobody is trying to take away anyone's 1st Amendment rights. I really don't get your bugaboo about this. If someone says something you find offensive are you supposed to say it's offensive or not?

A big defender of the first amendment...for WHOM? You defend Phil Robertson's right to spew his venom, and the people he is ridiculing and degrading have the right to remain SILENT.

Silly liberal, debating is for adults.

There is nothing wrong with people calling Phil a jerk, an asshole, or whatever. What GLAAD is doing, is going to the next step via making threats about the economic well-being of A&E if GLAAD does not get thier way.

There is nothing wrong with people calling Phil a jerk, an asshole, or whatever. What GLAAD is doing, is going to the next step via making threats about the economic well-being of A&E if GLAAD does not get thier way.

If Phils comments were soooo offensive, you would expect a slower, more broad groundswell of opposition, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks. Such a groundswell may still occur against Phil, but A&E didnt even wait for that, GLAAD said "boo" and A&E proudly got on it's knees and started slurping.

If Phils comments were soooo offensive, you would expect a slower, more broad groundswell of opposition, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks. Such a groundswell may still occur against Phil, but A&E didnt even wait for that, GLAAD said "boo" and A&E proudly got on it's knees and started slurping.

Except the only "boo" GLAAD said was "That's offensive A&E. Do you stand by your star's comments?" That's it. All A&E had to do was say "the views of our asshole star do not reflect the views of A&E" and it would have been over. There would have been boycotts of sponsors but that's what always happens in instances like these. So what?

Forum List

Back