Anti science democrats again demand to put blood supply at risk

The rules FDA has proposed would allow men to donate blood if they’ve abstained from sexual activity with another man for the past 12 months. The same 12-month deferral would apply to women who have sex with men who have sex with other men.

And exactly how is this verified?

Oh yeah, they check a box on the questionnaire. :lol:

It's not like donated blood isn't tested first...

Blood donations are tested for the following:

• ABO and Rh blood types.
  • Unexpected red blood cell antibodies that are a result of prior transfusion, pregnancy, or other factors.
  • Hepatitis B surface antigen, indicating a current infection (hepatitis) or carrier state for hepatitis B virus.
  • Antibody to hepatitis B core antigen, indicator of a present or past infection with the hepatitis B virus.
  • Antibody to hepatitis C virus, indicating a current or past infection with hepatitis C virus (most common cause of non-A/non-B hepatitis).
  • Antibody to HTLV-I/II, indicator of infection with a virus that may cause adult T-cell leukemia or neurological disease.
  • Antibody to HIV-1/2, indicator of infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
  • Nucleic Acid Test (NAT) for hepatitis C (HCV), hepatitis B (HBV) and HIV.
  • Screening test for antibodies to syphilis.
  • NAT for West Nile Virus (WNV).
  • Enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA) test for Trypanosoma cruzi (Chagas Disease).
Blood Donation Frequently Asked Questions American Red Cross

Still, I don't think it's worth taking chances.

• Unexpected red blood cell antibodies that are a result of prior transfusion, pregnancy, or other factors.
  • Hepatitis B surface antigen, indicating a current infection (hepatitis) or carrier state for hepatitis B virus.
  • Antibody to hepatitis B core antigen, indicator of a present or past infection with the hepatitis B virus.
  • Antibody to hepatitis C virus, indicating a current or past infection with hepatitis C virus (most common cause of non-A/non-B hepatitis).
  • Antibody to HTLV-I/II, indicator of infection with a virus that may cause adult T-cell leukemia or neurological disease.
  • Antibody to HIV-1/2, indicator of infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
  • Enzyme-linked immunoassay (ELISA) test for Trypanosoma cruzi (Chagas Disease).

Remember last year when the VA infected a whole bunch of vets with dirty instruments they used for colonoscopies....yeah.....the government will do a bang up job.......and remember when they sent the anthrax specimens out......and when they intentionally refused to treat poor black men who had syphilis....

yes....the fourth greatest lie..."We are from the Federal Government and we are here to help you."

Oh....and government dentists did the same thing.....

VA hospital may have infected 1 800 veterans with HIV - CNN.com

A Missouri VA hospital is under fire because it may have exposed more than 1,800 veterans to life-threatening diseases such as hepatitis and HIV.

John Cochran VA Medical Center in St. Louis has recently mailed letters to 1,812 veterans telling them they could contract hepatitis B, hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) after visiting the medical center for dental work, said Rep. Russ Carnahan.

The issue stems from a failure to clean dental instruments properly, the hospital told CNN affiliate KSDK.

Dr. Gina Michael, the association chief of staff at the hospital, told the affiliate that some dental technicians broke protocol by handwashing tools before putting them in cleaning machines.

This is not the first time this year a hospital has been in hot water for not following proper procedures.

In June, Palomar Hospital in San Diego, California, has sent certified letters to 3,400 patients who underwent colonoscopy and other similar procedures, informing the patients that there may be a potential of infection from items used and reused in the procedures.

yes....the fourth greatest lie..."We are from the Federal Government and we are here to help you."

The issue stems from a failure to clean dental instruments properly, the hospital told CNN affiliate KSDK.

This thread is about gay blood. :slap:

Are you missing the point that they can't even clean medical instruments properly....and you think they will be completely accurate in checking blood from gay men? Really?

I wonder if anyone has ever lied on this questionnaire. :dunno:

From the FDA...

In the past 12 months have you...

17. Had sexual contact with anyone who has HIV/AIDS or has had a positive test for the HIV/AIDS virus?

18. Had sexual contact with a prostitute or anyone else who takes money or drugs or other payment for sex?

19. Had sexual contact with anyone who has ever used needles to take drugs or steroids, or anything not prescribed by their doctor?

20. Had sexual contact with anyone who has hemophilia or has used clotting factor concentrates?

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Biolog...roductsBLAs/BloodDonorScreening/UCM213552.pdf

Are you missing the point that they can't even clean medical instruments properly....and you think they will be completely accurate in checking blood from gay men? Really?
Did I give you permission to question me? :slap:

Forum List

Back