🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Any Book Collectors Out There?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I picked up a hard cover edition of Jane Eyre the other day and it doesn't have a copyright date, nor any numbers to say what edition or print edition it is. It just says it is printed in the U.S. by the Blackistone Company of Philadelphia and that it is distributed by the Book League of America from New York. It is in fair condition, and could probably use some cleaning, but... could it be the first U.S. print of the book? Would it be worth a good amount of money?

Book League of America printed and published contemporary and classic books from 1930 until sometime in the 1950s. Jane Eyre was first published in 1847 so it seems unlikely your copy would be from the first U.S. printing.

Book League of America printed and published contemporary and classic books from 1930 until sometime in the 1950s. Jane Eyre was first published in 1847 so it seems unlikely your copy would be from the first U.S. printing.

Didn't think it was the first U.S. printing, though I read somewhere that Book League of America actually was started around 1920, and was acquired during the Great Depression by Doubleday.

I was hoping to get more information, but from what I've found... it was worth a little over $10 in 2012. Not much, for a book from the early 20th Century, but I paid like $3 for it.

I've got a pre-first edition of 2001 A Space Odyssey. Cover is not attached to the book, No numbers printed on it for counting, disclaimer saying book is not the final version and may be edited before printing. I signed up to be a book critique. They didn't like my opinion of the book so never sent me another pre-first edition again.

Forum List

Back