Any Helicopter Geeks Around Here?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
AA15x53g.img

The Ventura County Sheriff/FD finally got another helicopter. My buddy Mark used to be the flight engineer on the older Huey pictured on the left.
A few of my riding friends have rode in it after going down on Hwy 33. Only $10k for the ride to hospital.

AA15x53g.img

The Ventura County Sheriff/FD finally got another helicopter. My buddy Mark used to be the flight engineer on the older Huey pictured on the left.
A few of my riding friends have rode in it after going down on Hwy 33. Only $10k for the ride to hospital.

Does the Halfway House still exist?

AA15x53g.img

I'm a fan of throwing some people out of helicopters,, does that count??

AA15x53g.img

I ridden in a bunch of them.
I've jumped out of them with a chute, fast-roped, and repelled out of them. Did touch-and-goes on a carrier in them. Did a bunch of tactical inserts and exfils in them.
I never got to fly one tho....which is on my bucket list.

It was there the last time I went by at 100+ mph. It's on a straight.

Yeah, I know. I used to ride a KH500 back in the day. That was a stop for us.

I ridden in a bunch of them.
I've jumped out of them with a chute, fast-roped, and repelled out of them. Did touch-and-goes on a carrier in them. Did a bunch of tactical inserts and exfils in them.
I never got to fly one tho....which is on my bucket list.

I have about 3 hours in one. Not rated, but I can do the basics.

I remember working on them in the 80's, what a dependable aircraft, and riding in them was so much fun. By far my favorite helicopter of all of them I worked on.

A funeral for a fallen co-worker. He gets paid decent wages. Been with VCFD since high school.

Firefighters are overpaid IMO. Theirs is the only profession I know where they can be in TWO careers, at the exact same time.

There is something wrong with that.

Firefighters are overpaid IMO. Theirs is the only profession I know where they can be in TWO careers, at the exact same time.

There is something wrong with that.
24 hour rotating shifts allows it. He does have a business as a handyman. No kids either.

24 hour rotating shifts allows it. He does have a business as a handyman. No kids either.

Correct. That is bullshit. Add in the ridiculous amount of overtime that they get and they soak the taxpayer very well. One of the reasons why california is doomed to collapse.

Correct. That is bullshit. Add in the ridiculous amount of overtime that they get and they soak the taxpayer very well. One of the reasons why california is doomed to collapse.
Lots of OT due to actually fighting CA fires.

Lots of OT due to actually fighting CA fires.

No, lots of OT due to corrupt OT practices. They could hire more people to cover the actual needs but that would interfere with their ridiculous over time "pay".

No, lots of OT due to corrupt OT practices. They could hire more people to cover the actual needs but that would interfere with their ridiculous over time "pay".
You might be on to something. We could employ illegal aliens to fight CA fires. If they did well, I would be open to discussing a "pathway to citizenship".

Forum List

Back