Anybody Else Who Wears Glasses Have This Issue?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
Luckily for me even though I'm nearsighted and I wear glasses all the time, I can still see without them especially when things are close to me, so I'm giving myself a break right now because the temple of my glasses was really starting to rub against the back of my right ear and make it red.

I just got new glasses a few weeks ago and they were fitted nicely and everything so I'm not sure why I'm suddenly having this issue now and what to do about it. 😕

Luckily for me even though I'm nearsighted and I wear glasses all the time, I can still see without them especially when things are close to me, so I'm giving myself a break right now because the temple of my glasses was really starting to rub against the back of my right ear and make it red.

I just got new glasses a few weeks ago and they were fitted nicely and everything so I'm not sure why I'm suddenly having this issue now and what to do about it. 😕
Have them checked again.
I usually have to go back after getting a new pair for the same issue. Most places do adjustments for free. Just let them know where it hurts.

They need to be fitted. Wherever you bought them they ought to sit you down and fit them properly before you leave with them.

They need to be fitted. Wherever you bought them they ought to sit you down and fit them properly before you leave with them.

That's the thing, they did and they were working perfectly up until now.

Have them checked again.
I usually have to go back after getting a new pair for the same issue. Most places do adjustments for free. Just let them know where it hurts.
I too, have had to have some adjust later, that felt fine when I was fitted and picked them up.

No, the ends of the glasses are called temples.
I think they are called temple tips or earpieces. The entire piece is called a temple. If the tips are pressing into your head, they need to be adjusted. Otherwise, you may need a larger size frame.

If your frame is plastic, run hot water on the part that is causing pressure. Once it’s heated bend it carefully to your liking.

I had that problem until I got frames that the temple tips are only very slightly bent so that the temples are for the most part straight and do not wrap around my ear. And they stay on quite well.

Well my ear seems to be feeling better at the moment. :)

Forum List

Back