Anyone else grieving?

What a blow...Dad's birthday is next Friday. First one without him.
Sometimes, in the middle of whatever your doing....something like that just kicks you in the stomach.
I was remember when I was 7 or 8 and I saved 2 weeks allowance to buy him a big bag of Peanut M&M's...his favorite.

First one is really hard without your loved one. :smiliehug:

Yeah.....Fathers Day just around corner too... :(

We will be here for you. Hang in there.

Well, we survived another year. Still, miss my loved ones. Holidays suck sometimes.

I don’t know if I’ll ever enjoy holidays again.

Too many memory-evoking days in a short amount of time, between Nov. 23 and Jan 1.

Well they are almost over. I was reflecting about how hard holidays are for some people and how some people even spend it all alone. This year I was more into the holidays which was the first time since the deaths of my family in 2013.

Well, we survived another year. Still, miss my loved ones. Holidays suck sometimes.

Too many memory-evoking days in a short amount of time, between Nov. 23 and Jan 1.

Well they are almost over. I was reflecting about how hard holidays are for some people and how some people even spend it all alone. This year I was more into the holidays which was the first time since the deaths of my family in 2013.

I’m happy for you, then.

For me, it’s only been two years. Maybe it’ll change in time, but I am doing what’s best for me right now.

I’m happy for you, then.

For me, it’s only been two years. Maybe it’ll change in time, but I am doing what’s best for me right now.

I understand.

Bonjour, i am still grieving for the lost of my brother that happen on Christmas day 2015 so much memorie that come to me...it hurt and i try my best to not brake down in front of everyone one on Christmas day. Now a close friend is at the hospital with a cancer and i don't think he will survive. i send SMS to talk with him i will go see him but it is hard because he was such a stronge man ( militaire) and he got sick suddenly:(

Bonjour, i am still grieving for the lost of my brother that happen on Christmas day 2015 so much memorie that come to me...it hurt and i try my best to not brake down in front of everyone one on Christmas day. Now a close friend is at the hospital with a cancer and i don't think he will survive. i send SMS to talk with him i will go see him but it is hard because he was such a stronge man ( militaire) and he got sick suddenly:(

I’m so sorry, Dalia. I wish peace for you in the new year.

:smiliehug:

Good writtens to this year! I lost two uncles, my 21 year old yellow lab, my best freinds wife, shut down a 25 year old buisness, started divorce proceedings, and have had my assets frozen for a little over a year now. As far as greiving goes, I have not had the time for it.

I missed this thread I guess.

RiceChickie...I don't know what to say except...you are a very kind person and I am sorry you are dealing with this. Just reading you talk about him makes me sad for you..but happy too because you had such a wonderful husband. He is not dead, hon. He is just on another plain. You will see him again. :)

Well, yes. Spouses, parents, children or pets. Even people you never knew, those innocent bystanders you saw die. It's weird, you live another day and you get past all of their losses. That is what life is all about. And then...

Do you still have your kitty, Rice? I know that the one that just adopted us has been a blessing. She belongs to the neighbors but is here with us every day and night. She has all her own toys, food we buy her, and MrGracie seems a bit happier when she is around cuz I hear him laughing when she is in there playing with his toes under the blankets. Animals are wonderful at soothing. But its just as hard when they die, too. :(

Anyway...how is the kitty?

I lost my husband in November 2015. Has anyone else lost someone recently, or even not recently? Sharing grief experiences can help, I've found.

Anyway, I guess I felt like sharing.
Lost my wife, and daughter going on three years ago now... Holidays have never been the same. You never get over it. You just learn to live with it.
BOTH??? Omg. I am so sorry!

We all secretly grieve. Or not. Both my parents died years ago, as well as some of my friends and acquaintances. Auld lang sine, you move on, Happy new year, yadda yadda.

Forum List

Back