Anyone notice the lack of food drives this year?

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
So...where have they been? Post office usually has two or three a year especially around the Holidays. Not this year. Same for grocery stores. I have literally had to search for places that take donations both for food and toys for tots. What gives?

So...where have they been? Post office usually has two or three a year especially around the Holidays. Not this year. Same for grocery stores. I have literally had to search for places that take donations both for food and toys for tots. What gives?
Probably fewer volunteers willing to deal with random stuff of unknown origin. Also, the unfortunate result of many meetings being cancelled, making planning much more difficult.

Food banks will take it..

give yer local town/city hall a call & see if they have a program.

i buy a few items every week - lotsa bogos & such, & when i get a full bag- i drop it off at my little town hall, so it goes directly to the people that live here.

“This year is different on two key counts. The COVID-19 pandemic forced NALC to postpone the food drive for safety reasons. And the economic shutdown caused by the pandemic has increased the problem of hunger—put- ting additional pressure on food banks as many working people have lost their income and struggle to buy food even as donations decline.
Unsurprisingly, letter carriers are finding new ways to step up to meet the challenge.
To help fulfill the nutritional needs of the one in eight Americans who face food insecurity, including millions of
children, older people and military veterans, NALC has launched a virtual food drive, the Stamp Out Hunger Do- nor Drive, to raise funds for food banks nationwide”

Probably fewer volunteers willing to deal with random stuff of unknown origin. Also, the unfortunate result of many meetings being cancelled, making planning much more difficult.
But people went to the post office in droves. Lines wrapped around the building. Record lines ...longer than previous years. They could have had a box for donations so people could have dropped off a can of something or other or a toy. Just seems weird to me when so many are out of work.

Churches have largely been closed this year, the liberal powers that be have padlocked the locations as "super spreaders"- although all of the effort doesn't seem to be helping that much.

Churches are where this kind of effort is usually done.

Here is what is going on in NW Arkanslaw and SW Mizzouri

133109577_1563242137217195_5870894895879705765_n.jpg

Churches have largely been closed this year, the liberal powers that be have padlocked the locations as "super spreaders"- although all of the effort doesn't seem to be helping that much.

Around here church services have been done outside and the food distributions are drive throughs...

Toys for Tots went virtual as well-
I found a place that took donations for toys for tots finally. They stated they were not getting enough donations to fill requests. Kind of depressing actually :(

Yep. Even the hospitals rely on the chaplains working with school counselors to match up needy kids. Neither were open.

I found a place that took donations for toys for tots finally. They stated they were not getting enough donations to fill requests. Kind of depressing actually :(
I can sadly see why. Fewer drop off spots and no mention of their virtual toy drive that I know of.

I can sadly see why. Fewer drop off spots and no mention of their virtual toy drive that I know of.
No..it wasn’t advertised well. Like I said I had to search places out. And the normal places ( like the fire stations) kept their doors locked so I don’t think they had drop offs this year ( at least not in my area).

Forum List

Back