Apologies Are a Joke

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Al Franken apologized. Charlie Rose apologized. 1000 convicted murderers apologized to their victims' families. What do all these misfits have in common ? They are all looking to eliminate or (more likely) reduce the penalties to be imposed on them. Simple as that.

That's all an apology is. It's a self-serving act, that a malicious perpetrator engages in, to try to get himself off the hook. Oh, you thought they cared about the victim ? Don't make me laugh.

Apologies are designed for the benefit OF THE APOLOGIZER, nobody else.

Al Franken's victim (Leann Tweeden) said she accepted his apology. That's wrong. He doesn't care about her. He's acting on HIS OWN behalf, not for her.

Al Franken apologized. Charlie Rose apologized. 1000 convicted murderers apologized to their victims' families. What do all these misfits have in common ? They are all looking to eliminate or (more likely) reduce the penalties to be imposed on them. Simple as that.

That's all an apology is. It's a self-serving act that a malicious perpetrator engages in to try to get himself off the hook. Oh, you though they cares about the victim ? Don't make me laugh. Apologies are designed for the benefit OF THE APOLOGIZER, nobody else.

Al Franken's victim (Leann Tweeden) said she accepted his apology. That's wrong. He doesn't care about her. He's acting on HIS OWN behalf, not for her.

Hey, go easy on the lil perv. He's takin some time off (paid) to 'Reflect.' What more do you want?

There are 'apologies' and then there are 'APOLOGIES'. Liberal 'APOLOGIES' for crimes, scandals, and misconduct bear more weight and exonerate them from all accountability and / or repercussions. Everyone knows that. :p

There are 'apologies' and then there are 'APOLOGIES'. Liberal 'APOLOGIES' for crimes, scandals, and misconduct bear more weight and exonerate them from all accountability and / or repercussions. Everyone knows that. :p
If people are dumb enough to be sucked in. This is the perfect time and situation to once and for all, put a stop to the apology fiasco.

Hey, go easy on the lil perv. He's takin some time off to 'Reflect.' What more do you want?
Bwuhahaha...

Weinstein went to the shortest rehab in history
Spacey went to one designed to help kick the addiction to little boys
Franken is 'reflecting'
Charlie rose has apologized
Conyers, still in denial, will eventually apologize

Yes, what more do you want from liberals? :p

Louis C.K. had probably the only genuine sounding apology I've ever heard from a celebrity, because you could tell that he had written it himself. No publicist or spokesperson is going to use the word "dick" multiple times in a contrived apology. :lol:

Hey, go easy on the lil perv. He's takin some time off to 'Reflect.' What more do you want?
Bwuhahaha...

Weinstein went to the shortest rehab in history
Spacey went to one designed to help kick the addiction to little boys
Franken is 'reflecting'
Charlie rose has apologized
Conyers, still in denial, will eventually apologize

Yes, what more do you want from liberals? :p

Ha, Spot On. :)

So, why hasn't Moore apologized yet?

Why should he if he is innocent of the allegations?

The yearbook thing has already been proven to be a fraud. So why should any of the other allegations be taken seriously since they all just come out with it?

That's all an apology is. It's a self-serving act, that a malicious perpetrator engages in, to try to get himself off the hook. Oh, you thought they cared about the victim ? Don't make me laugh.

The only thing worse than an apology is no apology.

The yearbook thing has already been proven to be a fraud. So why should any of the other allegations be taken seriously since they all just come out with it?

Link? Because I have yet to hear any news agency say that the yearbook has been submitted for analysis, or that they have compared the signature and came up with it being fake. Yeah, there was some political journalist that said it, but they aren't handwriting analysts.

When someone who actually knows something about the subject debunks it, then get back to me.

Link? Because I have yet to hear any news agency say that the yearbook has been submitted for analysis, or that they have compared the signature and came up with it being fake. Yeah, there was some political journalist that said it, but they aren't handwriting analysts.

When someone who actually knows something about the subject debunks it, then get back to me.
I have a link

That's sexual harassment and he still got elected. Does an apology for that kind of behavior make it acceptable?

I have a hard time understanding what your point here. Is it when you behaved badly in the past and get called on it you shouldn't apologize? You seem to be implying to not favor taking responsibility. When Franken apologizes Tweeden shouldn't accept it because it's insincere? Do you think she'd prefer it when he'd deny it? This is of course what both Trump and Moore who flat out deny the accusations against them did. If you care about the victims why don't you find denying problematic?

The only thing worse than an apology is no apology.
FALSE! Apologies are worse, because they're :bsflag::boohoo:

I have a hard time understanding what your point here. Is it when you behaved badly in the past and get called on it you shouldn't apologize? You seem to be implying to not favor taking responsibility. When Franken apologizes Tweeden shouldn't accept it because it's insincere? Do you think she'd prefer it when he'd deny it? This is of course what both Trump and Moore who flat out deny the accusation a against them did. If you care about the victims why don't you find denying problematic?
1. I never imply anything
2. You should not apologize. You should ATTONE.
3. Talking responsibility is done by attoning. Apologizing is the avoidance of responsibility.
4. Apologizing is insincere. Tweeden should not accept. She should call on FRanken to attone.
5. Denying is off topic
6. Denying is a problem when someone is guilty. I never said anything about denying. You're changing the subject.

Rubbish! Any idiot can see they're 2/different handwritings, from 2 different people.

Forum List

Back