Archie Bunker where are you????

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
Housing prices far away usurped the higher interest rates...
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
That same house today, in this area, would be at least $200,000.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.
Min wage around 2.10 an hour....40 plus years later, its 7.40.....
Most households at that time were single income. Later in the 70's both the husband and wife had to work to maintain the same lifestyle.
In white house holds, hommie, both my parents worked....June Cleaver stayed home, Florida had to work in Maude's kitchen to keep the Good Times ...going!!
Im talking real world not tv sit coms

Yeah, the era of Vietnam, Watergate, Soviet threats, and 25% home loan rates was such a stable and peaceful time in America. :cuckoo:

I long for the days of people enjoying entertainment like All in the Family and Blazing Saddles because people were adults back then who could do critical thinking and realize reality.

Ahh...but the cost of living was still substantially less. With the exorbitant interest rates.
As an example, my parents bought a 3 bdrm home, large yard, paved driveway with a garage for $36,000 in 1974. And the home was less than 10 years old.
Dad bought a new Chevrolet Malibu for $4,700 in 1977. Same model today, with similar upgrades will about $21,000.

Annd?
Back then min.wage jobs were appropriately for part-time gigs for teens.
At that time, I don't care what color you were, if you were still working min. wage jobs the problem was clearly YOU.
Today, we expect min. wage jobs to support a family. That is not what is supposed to happen in a good economy. Which is why, we don't have a good economy. There is a major gap between professional/high paying jobs and jobs for the masses.
We had plenty of jobs for the masses back then when the economy was in good periods, not true today. At all.

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

Compared to an openly racist corrupt, unpredictable greedy old white maniac we now have in the white house today, ya betcha them was the good ol days!!

Boy, it seems your “privilege” has gotten the best of you...

Im talking real world not tv sit coms

He doesn't know what the real world is.
There is a certain entertainment value however to him ripping out a multitude of anti-white racist comments and labels....while preaching to you about your racism.
Pretty funny stuff.

Annd?
Back then min.wage jobs were appropriately for part-time gigs for teens.
At that time, I don't care what color you were, if you were still working min. wage jobs the problem was clearly YOU.
Today, we expect min. wage jobs to support a family. That is not what is supposed to happen in a good economy. Which is why, we don't have a good economy. There is a major gap between professional/high paying jobs and jobs for the masses.
We had plenty of jobs for the masses back then when the economy was in good periods, not true today. At all.
Tigger, double g, thinks blacks are only capable of low wage jobs.

When I was growing up, All In the Family, as was Rosanne, was the number one show on television....here you had this white middle class racist to core Archie Bunker hating on every nationality known to man, spewing harsh, insulting and cruel insults to amazement of his viewers and for a long time, as a young black teen, I was a hater of Archie Bunker.....but like most Americans I grew to love both Archie and his racism and let me tell you why!!

All in the Family came at a time, when we as Americans needed to laugh. We had yet another ass ho in the white house, the vet war just about ending, high unemployment, inflation, uncertainty and yes our share of racism....BUT WE ALSO HAD A SAFE STABLE BALANCED GOVERNMENT, a news cycle that was honest and fair and we had neighbors that actually held conversations with you after dinner while sitting on your porch. We felt safe.

When it was announced that Rosanne would return, only this time she'll portray herself as a Trump supporter, right away I was turned off...BECAUSE TRUMP'S WORLD HAS NO HUMOR OR LAUGHTER TO IT. I CAN NOT LAUGH OR ENJOY JOKES MADE WITH THIS MAN AND THE CARNAGE OF HATRED HE'S GIVING TO THIS NATION....I knew what type of viewers she'd get and I knew it would be just a matter of time before the laughs would end...., I never dreamed it was be because of her views, I just figured this woman is no Archie Bunker and Trump and this white house is no Nixon.

Ms Barr is entitle to her racist views, but to have a young impressionable black child on that show, to have viewers of all colors watch and enjoy your show, only to have you, Ms Barr spit in thier face with your views publicly....Archie Bunker...where are you? We need to laugh again at ourselves

Did you see the remake? Republicans are so Archie bunker

she made a joke
pc killed the humor

NYC needs a million archies and trumps again ...theyre almost all gone
nuttin but meatheads from out of town
Despite its many virtues, Queens today is often remembered primarily as the home of All in the Family’s Archie Bunker, the loudmouthed, blue-collar bigot invented by ultra-liberal Norman Lear. Bunker debuted during the Lindsay years, when the liberals looked with horror at how ordinary New Yorkers, especially from Queens’s ethnic neighborhoods, furiously resisted many of the progressive nostrums that Lindsay and his circle tried to force on them. Though Bunker evolved into a sort of genial, cartoonish figure, the show was part of a contemptuous assault against the ideals and values of the country’s blue-collar, family-oriented, ethnic middle class by the liberal elites of the time, who viewed resistance to their agenda as raw bigotry. But the citizens of Queens, for the most part, were not bigots, as Lear depicted them; and they were much wiser than John Lindsay, as the decline and revival of Queens—and of New York as a whole—makes clear. Let’s hope that the Manhattan elites don’t try to ride roughshod over the values and interests of the borough again. It won’t be just Queens that suffers.

10-4 that!

Muppets have become PC indoctrinated humorless zombies.

Did you see the remake? Republicans are so Archie bunker

well you said you are one of them bobo....so you should know...

A pack of smokes 60 cents you could buy 3 packs in Chicago @ $2.10 an hour..

Today it is $12 bucks a pack, you can't even buy 1 pack...

Thank you libtards anti poor...

So don't smoke. It's bad for you anyways.

Or treat them like cigars. You get 20 in a pack. $1.66 a cigarette.

Smoking is the last thing the poor should be doing.

If you want to smoke go to school. LOL

I always love that childish reply, focus my post is about us having more buying power when the libtards didn't indoctrinate half the country in their assnine ways.

12 bucks?....were the hell do you live?...its 6 something were i am at....

I don't know where you live but it is $4.50 here

I always love that childish reply, focus my post is about us having more buying power when the libtards didn't indoctrinate half the country in their assnine ways.

You worry about us liberals raising the price of cigarettes meanwhile Trump is raising the price of food you fool.

'Is this sustainable?’: Farmers say bailouts aren’t enough in Trump’s trade war

Tyler Stafslien, a North-Dakota based farmer, described the impending aid package as “certainly needed,” but questioned how long this could go on.

“I would prefer we had the trade we used to have with China,” he told Yahoo Finance. “I don’t want to have to rely on the federal government to be able to survive out here as a farmer. My fear is there will be another payment here, but is this sustainable? At what point will the federal government stop paying farmers? Will we have the trade deal in place at that point to pick up where the federal government leaves off? I don’t know.”

He must live in a Hotel or Airport where you have to get them out of a vending machine. Remember those?

s-l1600.jpg

then why did you say 12 bucks a pack?..

Chicago, New York, get out and live a little

oh ok...unlike you i dont go places to see what the fucking cigarette prices are...maybe you should get realistic...

oh ok...unlike you i dont go places to see what the fucking cigarette prices are...maybe you should get realistic...

Realistic what you don't think they cost $12 bucks plus?

Forum List

Back