Are all gays born that way?

Given the FACT that human reproduction requires intercourse between a man (donor) and a woman(host) isn't "gayness" a learned, or behavior modification i.e. "nature vs nurture"?

I mean researchers still haven't found a "dominate" GAY gene.
So existing gays are totally a "learned" or behavior modification response.
Perhapps a better question is "what business of your is it what law abiding, tax paying g citizens do in their bedrooms?"

Furthermore...what right do you have to dictate who can legally express their love for one another via a legally binding ceremony?

I guess liberty and the constitution is only ok when it suits your agenda.

You are making a big leap between your first point and your second.

That society and the state shouldn't interfere in private intercourse between two consenting adults is one thing.

To say society and the state have no role with regards to a "legally binding ceremony" is of course complete nonsense.

I can't imagine a person choosing to be the object of ridicule for so many narrow minded people...

and isolated from their families... and abused by their churches... and discriminated against...

anyone who thinks sexuality is a choice must have to get up every day saying "ok today i'll be straight" and that's just silly.

I agree. And talk to any pre-school or elementary teacher and they will tell you how many will grow up to be gay. They "choose" to play with the girls because they are "hardwired" to do so.

I am working with a 17 year old twin who is struggling with his brother's homosexuality. His twin told him "Do you think I CHOSE to be this way"?

Emotions dictate science.

These are the same people who tell us that science tells us that babies aren't human, remember.Apparently science is only useful if it's telling you something you want to hear.

If you don't believe the science, will you believe a first hand, eye witness account? I was born gay. I never made a "choice" except in whether or not to act upon my natural inclinations.

If you don't believe the science, will you believe a first hand, eye witness account? I was born gay. I never made a "choice" except in whether or not to act upon my natural inclinations.

That IS the choice.

"I never made a choice except when I chose". Good grief.

It is an acknowledged phenomenon that behavior can stimulate hormones that change glandular secretions and therefore change the size and prominence of glands, including some in the brain.

Homosexuality can be a comfort seeking mechanism. For those young males who are intimidated by contact with females for whatever reason, and who seek safety or confort with those they know or understand best - those of their own sex - it can be self reinforcing as an experiential phenomenon.

If that is the case (and it's only my opinion that it is possible; I have no source to reference this concept) then it is possible that there could be societal causal events that increase or diminish the presence of homosexuality in populations.

Given the FACT that human reproduction requires intercourse between a man (donor) and a woman(host) isn't "gayness" a learned, or behavior modification i.e. "nature vs nurture"?

I mean researchers still haven't found a "dominate" GAY gene.
So existing gays are totally a "learned" or behavior modification response.

I used to believe that being gay was the result of nuturing....a reaction to something severely objectionable in the early impressionable years of childhood.

Now, I am inclined to think it is nature and gay people are born this way. I also haven't ruled out that it could be both.

It isn't something I question anymore and have long accepted without judgment. It's part of the human condition.

I feel the same way.

I don't care if you're gay.

I do care if you want to change laws and definitions that are used to support/define traditional family values. I don't care if you're gay. Just don't try to make homosexuality the hallmark of "normal", or lie to my kids (or me) about the impossibility of controlling one's sexual urges.

The fact that scientists haven't isolated a "gay gene" doesn't "prove" that homosexuality is a choice.

Bet they never own that. I'll even go out on a limb here and say they never chose. And they know it, so they won't answer because that would "let homos off the hook."

Then there's KG, who of COURSE is willing to say we all chose, because that's just how her mind works. "YES!! We all chose, and they chose to be depraved!!"

That doesn't even make sense.

Homosexuality isn't the act of fucking someone of the same sex - it's a sexual preference for members of the same sex.

Yes it does make sense considering fucking is a choice within itself...

Every act in your life is a choice... No one is holding a gun to your head saying you must fuck__________. NO you make that choice..

The progressives maintain we have no choice when it comes to fucking. We can't choose not to fuck. Women in particular are weak, incapable of resisting the urge.

The only choice we are capable of making is whether or not to kill the babies we create, or whether or not we should off granny when she gets too old to wipe her own ass.

Two-three baby daddies say that you gave in to that urge at some point, ho.

That IS the choice.

She was born gay. My sister-in-law said she knew when she was six. Usual accounts state 5-6 years old. They knew. Now I know you'd rather have your ass drop-kicked off Lady Liberty before you'll own new knowledge but this is getting old. You can't just wander around declaring your world is the only real one.

That IS the choice.

She was born gay. My sister-in-law said she knew when she was six. Usual accounts state 5-6 years old. They knew. Now I know you'd rather have your ass drop-kicked off Lady Liberty before you'll own new knowledge but this is getting old. You can't just wander around declaring your world is the only real one.

And it's just coincidence that you were both sexually molested.

Got it.

Forum List

Back