Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

Post 697.
In post 697, I wrote "and yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time."

I was responding to your post 664 in whioch you parroted errors and misquotes that anti-semites have been making for a long time. How you get "all the Jews who believe Jesus (a Jew) is the Messiah are anti-semites" from that.

Please walk me through your logic.

In post 697, I wrote "and yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time."

I was responding to your post 664 in whioch you parroted errors and misquotes that anti-semites have been making for a long time. How you get "all the Jews who believe Jesus (a Jew) is the Messiah are anti-semites" from that.

Please walk me through your logic.
My logic is fine. You're the one who said Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah are anti-semites. You made the pretzel, now eat it.

My logic is fine. You're the one who said Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah are anti-semites. You made the pretzel, now eat it.
Can you show me where I said that? You referenced post 697 but in that one I wrote "and yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time." Did that statement say anything about Jews who believe in Jesus? And especially anything about Jews who believe in Jesus as being anti-semites?

It didn't. Either you need a different source for your conclusion or your illogic and intellectual dishonesty will just have to stand out, loud and proud for all to see.

Post 697.
NOPE post 697, CORRECTLY makes note of the fact that
Pharisees are disparaged in the book Edited by Constantine---
EMPEROR OF ROME concerning the Pharisees who refused to
kiss his murderous ass and that specific bull crap is exploited
by anti-semites. An anecdote----Long ago I came upon a hospitalized
patient reading the book "The Jewish Wars" --but Josephus Flavius.
The patient got discharged and left his book. I picked it up and opened
to a FORWARD written by a christian scholar who PRAISED the
Scholarship of Josephus Flavius with ONE EXCEPTION----his BIG MISTAKE
in writing very POSITIVELY about the PHARISEES. The Romans hated
the Pharisees because they rebelled against Roman rule---the ROMANS
CRUCIFIED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF THEM ---a point not mentioned
in Jelly-bean school. -----the news for you gets worse----Jesus was, clearly,
a Pharisee. Just about everything he says in sermonizing is a plagiarism
of RABBI HILLEL which is not at all unusual for the time. Rabbi Hillel
died at about the same time Jesus is said to have been born----Jews still
quote him

Can you show me where I said that? You referenced post 697 but in that one I wrote "and yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time." Did that statement say anything about Jews who believe in Jesus? And especially anything about Jews who believe in Jesus as being anti-semites?

It didn't. Either you need a different source for your conclusion or your illogic and intellectual dishonesty will just have to stand out, loud and proud for all to see.
Unbelievable. Carry on.

NOPE post 697, CORRECTLY makes note of the fact that
Pharisees are disparaged in the book Edited by Constantine---
EMPEROR OF ROME concerning the Pharisees who refused to
kiss his murderous ass and that specific bull crap is exploited
by anti-semites. An anecdote----Long ago I came upon a hospitalized
patient reading the book "The Jewish Wars" --but Josephus Flavius.
The patient got discharged and left his book. I picked it up and opened
to a FORWARD written by a christian scholar who PRAISED the
Scholarship of Josephus Flavius with ONE EXCEPTION----his BIG MISTAKE
in writing very POSITIVELY about the PHARISEES. The Romans hated
the Pharisees because they rebelled against Roman rule---the ROMANS
CRUCIFIED TENS OF THOUSANDS OF THEM ---a point not mentioned
in Jelly-bean school. -----the news for you gets worse----Jesus was, clearly,
a Pharisee. Just about everything he says in sermonizing is a plagiarism
of RABBI HILLEL which is not at all unusual for the time. Rabbi Hillel
died at about the same time Jesus is said to have been born----Jews still
quote him
You're insane.

You're insane.
are you educated in the field of Neuro-psychiatry? ----well, you seem to
imagine you are. "INSANE" is not a diagnosis-----it is gutter slang the same
as "you are crazy"-------what is your DIAGNOSIS Dr. BS ?

You made the claim...you called me an anti-semite.
Actually, I never made that claim. You really need to work on your reading comprehension. So far you have failed at backing up the earlier claim and instead have invented another one.

I don't think you understand the definition of some of the words you use.
now you are making note of your THOUGHTS-----which are, clearly,
very disordered. You are getting closer to that which you seem to call
"insane"----to wit, PSYCHOSIS

Actually, I never made that claim. You really need to work on your reading comprehension. So far you have failed at backing up the earlier claim and instead have invented another one.
These are your exact words to me.
"yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time".

These are your exact words to me.
"yours are standard proclamations of ignorance and repetitions of the same errors that anti-semites have been making for a long, long time".
um, yes. What you wrote is mired in ignorance and is a repetition of what anti-semites have claimed for a long time. I said nothing about you, just about what you copied. There is no statement there about you.

um, yes. What you wrote is mired in ignorance and is a repetition of what anti-semites have claimed for a long time. I said nothing about you, just about what you copied. There is no statement there about you.
My words are me. Go play games with some naive college kids.

Both here and IRL, Christians feel quite comfortable telling Jews why they are wrong - and why Jesus was the Messiah. (It’s quite rude when Christians keeping arguing and warning Jews they will be damned, that G-d is angry with them, etc.), but they never are willing to hear why Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah.

It’s as if they only want to tell Jews (“you’re wrong, and I’ll tell you why) and never want to hear the reasons for the opposite - why Jews think Christians are wrong.

So I’ve written to Christians asking if they would be interested in hearing the Jewish perspective, and they never respond. So I’m asking now:

Are there any Christians here who would like to understand why Jesus is not the Messiah - from the Jewish perspective - or must we simply be silent about our opposite view?

Thank you.
I'm a Catholic. I say live and let live. Everyone has the right to worship in their own way. There is nothing wrong with Judaism.

Forum List

Back