Are gag orders constitutional?

Its funny, when I post what people consider democrat-like, I am a democrat whether I like it or not.

But when I post what most people consider conservative-like, I am still a democrat.

I think it is just a way to avoid discussing the topic.
Yep. What don’t you understand?

I understand you have avoided the topic for most of the thread.

And what others think of my politics is irrelevant.
Gag orders are unconstitutional. I even posted how the rigging works with the Idaho 4 case. You remain a stupid demofk

Gag orders are unconstitutional. I even posted how the rigging works with the Idaho 4 case. You remain a stupid demofk

And I pointed out that the right to free speech, in the 1st amendment, is not absolute. So gag orders are just one, very slim, area of exception. Like yelling 'Fire' in a crowded theater.

And I pointed out that the right to free speech, in the 1st amendment, is not absolute. So gag orders are just one, very slim, area of exception. Like yelling 'Fire' in a crowded theater.
That has nothing to do with the gag order. You failed

That's odd, you haven't given me any of the threatening statements you claimed Trump made to these people. You sounded so sure. Wait, you were lying? Say it aint so!
He's A mob boss ruler, he never commits his own crimes silly one! He gets others to do the dirty work for him.....he just points them in the direction, of who he wants "taken care of" and his minions attack, like clockwork!

You know that..... Stop pretending you don't and making yourself look openly dishonest....

Nope. I asked you for the precedent you still failed

It is illegal to yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater.
It is illegal to reveal state secrets.
It is illegal to reveal trade secrets.

There are ample precedents.

Has nothing to do with the gag order. It isn’t a social scare. You think precedents are all the same. Stupid

Lets ignore the peaches-and-chief for a minute. Lets forget him and his gag orders. This is a general question.
Are gag orders constitutional? How can ones speech be silenced with threat of hefty fines, jail, imprisoned to their home etc for talking about the government?
I know there is a Supreme court case about it, but that doesnt really mean anything in this thread. They also said it was constitutional for the tyrant FDR to imprison citizens simply for their heritage, forcing people to salute the flag was constitutional, and a state saying a black and white person couldnt get married was legal :rolleyes:
Again, please leave trump out of this. I know TDS is a serious mental condition, but damn..
No.
A single person cannot override the US constitution. In cases were rights are denied it’s done by a jury of peers.

The second two are a contract violation whose illegality would have to be determined

Has nothing to do with the gag order. It isn’t a social scare. You think precedents are all the same. Stupid

They don't have to have anything to do with the gag order.

They are precedents that the 1st Amendment's right to free speech is not inviolate. If free speech can be abridged for the reasons I listed, there is no precedent to call it unconstitutional.

They don't have to have anything to do with the gag order.

They are precedents that the 1st Amendment's right to free speech is not inviolate. If free speech can be abridged for the reasons I listed, there is no precedent to call it unconstitutional.
It’s obvious now you don’t understand precedent. Something has to be similar to be considered in another event

It’s obvious now you don’t understand precedent. Something has to be similar to be considered in another event

Here is the definition of "precedent" from Merriam Websters dictionary:
"

precedent​

1 of 2

adjective

pre·ce·dent pri-ˈsē-dᵊnt ˈpre-sə-dənt

Synonyms of precedent
: prior in time, order, arrangement, or significance
precedent
2 of 2

noun

prec·e·dent ˈpre-sə-dənt
: an earlier occurrence of something similar

a
: something done or said that may serve as an example or rule to authorize or justify a subsequent act of the same or an analogous kind
a verdict that had no precedent

b
: the convention established by such a precedent or by long practice

: a person or thing that serves as a model

Forum List

Back