are Harris's political views influenced by her father who was a Marxist !

And crony or corrupt capitalism is wrong. The gov't has always tried to protect the consumer. The problem today, is mass and overt marketing of just plain "JUNK". The idea that someone can become "rich and famous" by a sex tape... ludicrous. People will decry "Jeff Bezos" doesn't need the billions he's worth, while at the same time subscribing to Amazon Prime, and or daily buying shit from the same guy that revolutionized ECommerce in the world.

I'm all for protecting consumers from the greed of capitalism. But capitalism is still the economic system that rewards ingenuity and self drive. And it rewards based on that Drive. If you're happy dropping out of high, fine, but expect certain results and rewards from that and don't blame others for your personal choices.

REPUBLICAN governments have NEVER tried to protect consumers. NEVER. In fact, Republican governments have passed laws to protect corporations like Dow Chemical and Monsanto, the entire gun industry, and formerly, the tobacco industry, from law suits.

The most common crime in the USA is "wage theft" - employers stiffing workers on overtime, or other methods of "underpaying" staff. Like wait staff having to pay for "walkouts". Wage theft isn't even illegal. Stealing from your employer is illegal, but if your employer steals from you, that's not against the law.

Republicans have fought tooth and claw against consumer protections, claiming that the tort system was designed to address grievances. But individuals can ill afford the costs of litigation, and often the amounts involved are small enough, on an individual basis, that it's not worth suing. Collectively, thousands of people are being abused, and millions of dollars are involved. There the government can step in with consumer protection legislation and say "Cut it out!"

REPUBLICAN governments have NEVER tried to protect consumers. NEVER.
I didn't make the distinction, you did.
In fact, Republican governments have passed laws to protect corporations like Dow Chemical and Monsanto, the entire gun industry, and formerly, the tobacco industry, from law suits.
Some might be frivolous. Allowing someone to sue a gun MFG because a firearm was used in a crime is frivolous. If someone uses tobacco, knowing and under their own sound mind, subsequently gets some type of cancer, should they be allowed to sue the MFG? All the warnings are out there yet people still CHOOSE to use tobacco products. I am unaware of Dow or Monsanto.
The most common crime in the USA is "wage theft" - employers stiffing workers on overtime, or other methods of "underpaying" staff. Like wait staff having to pay for "walkouts". Wage theft isn't even illegal. Stealing from your employer is illegal, but if your employer steals from you, that's not against the law.
No one, and i mean no one, unless they have a signed contract, is bound to any employer. Employers present handbooks upon hire. Employees are to sign off on those stated policies. At any given time, an employee can leave their employer as most states are "At will" employment. If an employee doesn't like their current situation, they can barter with their current employer or barter with a prospective employer for higher wages. That's how the system works. Instead, the narrative has been turned that the employer, regardless of the business model, who takes upon themselves all the risks and upfront capital, must somehow accommodate some undefined "Livable Wage" which is a constant moving target.
Republicans have fought tooth and claw against consumer protections, claiming that the tort system was designed to address grievances.
Then so be it.
But individuals can ill afford the costs of litigation, and often the amounts involved are small enough, on an individual basis, that it's not worth suing.
See at will employment. Move on if you don't like something. But I will concede that it is difficult for employees to sue. But keep in mind too that employers must also protect themselves. And the tort system has created many new policies and procedures that do protect employee and employer. For almost two decades I worked for a global company with retail establishments. The frivolous workers comp claims and or lawsuits eat up a lot of unnecessary dollars. The idea that employers are evil and the working class are this group of humans who want to earn respected wages and not take advantage of their employers is a pipe dream.
Collectively, thousands of people are being abused, and millions of dollars are involved. There the government can step in with consumer protection legislation and say "Cut it out!"
Maybe. I've never been abused. And if I didn't like where I worked or was treated, I moved on. Fortunately, that hasn't been needed. I moved on from the previously mentioned employer that was a global 500 company to a private owned company. I can't really speak ill will of either.

Harris has been expressing the most radical left positions that any nominee for POTUS has ever sprouted .. given the fact that her father was a self described economic Marxist is it no surprise she's so far to the left ? is America in danger of being led by someone who is a chip off the old block ?

Don't know about you but my fathers views on politics, gave me information, But did not alter my conclusions.
Different opinions are a must, but conclusions are Always my own.

So when Trump praises Putin and the chinese government communist leader then right has no problem with that

Yet when Harris dad talks about marxist economies he must be a marxist and this somehow reflects on her.

MSN

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday described Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as “genius” and “savvy,”

this was back in 2022

So does this make him a communist supporter. Yet the right votes for him and will do so again

Trump repeatedly refused to accept the conclusion of the U.S. intelligence community that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election, at one point telling reporters at a joint press conference with Putin that he had accepted the Russian president’s assurance that the Kremlin had not been involved.

So he believes Putin because Putin denies it and thinks that US intelligence is lying to him

So using the logic of his thread then he must be a communist because he likes some things that Putin and the chinese guy are doing.

well at least the chinese guy gave his daughter a contract to make her clothing line using cheap labor and the sticker "Made in China"

Putin just played him.

Years ago Trump wanted to build a similar building in Russia that he has in NY.

The motto : A Bug in Every Room

Of course Trump can visit anytime.

So does Trump positive comments make him a communist that republicans are voting for.

Last edited:
We figured you kids were gonna settle on "commie" for the long haul.

None of you have any imagination.
They're so damn predictable. I suspect the mud they'll be slinging will get more vicious commensurate with the fear of their orange god serving time behind bars.

Forum List

Back