🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country?

Our first allegiance is to our countries.

Our laws and political leanings are moving us towards laïcité, a rather rigid form of the best religious freedoms/ideology, quirky or not, for all. Keep it to yourself will be the order of the day. Happy days. All within a Western style of freedom seeking governance.

Should our backwards thinking mainstream religions be asked to be more representative of good law?

Negative discrimination without a just cause is what Yahweh admits to doing in Job 2;3., when he allowed Satan to move him to sin against Job.

Christians should admit their sin and stop preaching that it is a good to be homophobic and misogynous, contradicting the law of the land.

Regards
DL
Our first allegiance is to ourselves then our families. the country is a bit further down on the list for me
There are logical reasons the sequence is God, country and family.

I don't think a belief is gods is logical.
That's because you don't have a perception of God beyond magical fairytales, bro. So of course you don't believe belief in God is logical. I wouldn't believe in God either if I had your perception of God.

Interesting,

Do I have to believe before my perception changes or do I believe after I see something that changes my perception?
I think you have to have an open mind and objectively look at all sides before arriving at objective truth on any issue.

I do have an open mind.

I just like to have some sort of empirical evidence. There have been many times I have changed my opinion when I was presented with sufficient evidence that contradicted my original stance on a subject.
The universe and everything that has transpired since it was created from nothing being hardwired to produce intelligence is the evidence.

What is intelligent about reading myths literally and adoring a genocidal god and his homophobic and misogynous religion?

Oops. I forgot that asking you anything is a waste of time.

Please ignore.

Regards
DL
Your perception of God is wrong. Just because you can't understand why bad things happen to good people doesn't mean good does not come from it.

Explain the good side of genocidal, infanticidal, homophobic and misogynous god.

Regards
DL
MLK responds...

"...We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. This applies to the power of a gun, or a drug, or an argument, or even a sermon! Does it achieve its end? Does it fulfill its purpose?

We must realize that God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them. We can see this clearly in human illustrations. My purpose in doing a crossword puzzle is not to fill in certain words. I could fill them in easily by waiting for tomorrow morning's paper. Filling them in without the answers is harder but much more satisfying, for it calls out resourcefulness, ingenuity, and discipline which by the easier way would find no self expression.

Similarly, to borrow an illustration from William James, eleven men battle desperately on a field, risking falling and injury, using up a prodigious amount of energy, and when we ask why, we learn that it is to get an inflated, leather covered sphere called a football across a goal. But if that is all, why doesn't someone get up in the night and put it there? Football games are not played to get a ball across a goal, but to get it there under certain conditions, in a certain way, with certain results in the lives of those concerned. Power to get the ball across the goal is to be interpreted in terms of purposes and only makes sense in the light of those purposes. Action, then, which defeats purpose is weakness. Power is the ability to fulfill purpose. No one knows what it cost God to refrain from intervention when wicked men put his beloved Son to death. But the restraint was not weakness. The Cross became the power of God unto salvation..."

"Religion's Answer to the Problem of Evil"
In this paper for the second term of Davis’s Philosophy of Religion course, King examines the explanations of ancient and modern philosophers for the existence of evil in the world. He follows Harris Franklin Rall’s analysis of the problem of evil in Christianity: An Inquiry into Its Nature and...

Depends on the country and where it's located. ... :cool:
"religions that preach inequality for women and gays" are all found in muslim countries, aren't they skinhead?

Just look at what your vile lying preachers are preaching.

Are they any different from the right wing Muslims?

No. To an honest observer.

Regards
DL
I'm an agnostic, I don't follow pedophiles spouting garbage. Like you do.
You misspelled militant atheist, taz.
I see that you haven't stopped being jealous of my position and that it still burns you up. Good. :cool:
If you need to see it that way, Taz, be my guest. But you are defined by your actions, not your perception of yourself.
It's my perception of the universe, not myself.
If that were the case then you could explain your perception of the universe and explain why there is no God just as I have done showing that logically God must exist as the first cause.

See?

You're not logical. Nothing you say is. Ever.

So doesn't that violate the free will that was supposedly given to man by his creator?

Absolutely as the script is quite clear. I don't know where that free will thing came into play as A & E were given commands to follow and punishments if they did not do as told to do, and commands seem to screw up free will quite well.

Satan or the talking serpent were there to insure that Adam sinned so that Christians could later sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Christians do not know if sin is evil or not, given that it is necessary to god's plan.

This must be true as Christians always run from such discussions.

Regards
DL

But if Adam had no free will then he couldn't have disobeyed. If as you say it was the creator who decided what Adam would believe then the creator must have decided Adam would believe Eve and commit a sin.

You can't say there is no free will then blame someone else besides the creator for the sins of his creations.
Why are you reading these accounts literally?

You read the bible literally do you not?

If so, Jesus cannot be a literally real person to you.

Regards
DL
No. Not the allegorical accounts anyway.

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on us.

I don't think so. The Hebrews emerged from the North Coast Canaanites and followed the Canaanite Pantheon.

"religions that preach inequality for women and gays" are all found in muslim countries, aren't they skinhead?

Regards
DL
I see that you haven't stopped being jealous of my position and that it still burns you up. Good. :cool:
If you need to see it that way, Taz, be my guest. But you are defined by your actions, not your perception of yourself.
If that were the case then you could explain your perception of the universe and explain why there is no God just as I have done showing that logically God must exist as the first cause.

See?

Prove it using logic, taz. Show me the flaw in my logic.

So doesn't that violate the free will that was supposedly given to man by his creator?

Absolutely as the script is quite clear. I don't know where that free will thing came into play as A & E were given commands to follow and punishments if they did not do as told to do, and commands seem to screw up free will quite well.

Satan or the talking serpent were there to insure that Adam sinned so that Christians could later sing that Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to god's plan.

Christians do not know if sin is evil or not, given that it is necessary to god's plan.

Regards
DL

But if Adam had no free will then he couldn't have disobeyed. If as you say it was the creator who decided what Adam would believe then the creator must have decided Adam would believe Eve and commit a sin.

You can't say there is no free will then blame someone else besides the creator for the sins of his creations.

Regards
DL

The first five books of the Bible (known as the Torah) were written by Moses - an adopted son of the king of Egypt - in approximately 1400 B.C.. These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Torah records the history that all nations have in common. These allegorical accounts of the history of the world had been passed down from generation to generation orally for thousands of years. Moses did not really write the first 11 chapters of the Bible. Moses was the first Hebrew to record them.

Approximately 800 years before Moses recorded the allegorical accounts of the history of the world. The Chinese recorded this history as symbols in the Chinese language. They drew pictures to express words or ideas. Simple pictures were combined to make more complex thoughts. They used well known history and common everyday things to make a word so people could easily remember it. The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language because the Chinese had migrated from the cradle of civilization. Prior to this migration they all shared a common history and religion.

The Bible even explains how it was possible for the Chinese to record the account of Genesis 800 years before Moses recorded it. The account of the Tower of Babel was the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. This also explains why all ancient cultures have an account of a great flood. Because they all shared a common history and religion before the great migration from the cradle of civilization.

So if we start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

We have to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. We shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, we are so far removed from these events that we have lost all original meaning. If you were to ask almost any Jew what the Tower of Babel was about he would have no clue that it was the allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization. That is not intended to be a criticism. It is intended to be an illustration of just how difficult a task it is to discover the original meaning from ancient accounts from 6,000 years ago. We read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make ourselves feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on us.

I don't think so. The Hebrews emerged from the North Coast Canaanites and followed the Canaanite Pantheon.
So you believe that what Moses recorded in the first 11 chapters of Genesis was not common knowledge in his day?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Can you go line by line and show me what you agree with and what you don't agree with?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

How do you believe ancient man passed down history and knowledge 6,000 years ago?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

So you believe that what Moses recorded in the first 11 chapters of Genesis was not common knowledge in his day?

No I don't believe Moses had anything to to with the Genesis. Scholars think that the OT had some 40 authors and was redacted many times. The Hebrews learned the stories the adapted for Genesis during the Babylonian Exile.. They really had no founding narratives or origin stories until they were exposed to the richness of the Babylonian culture.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

No I don't believe Moses had anything to to with the Genesis. Scholars think that the OT had some 40 authors and was redacted many times. The Hebrews learned the stories the adapted for Genesis during the Babylonian Exile.. They really had no founding narratives or origin stories until they were exposed to the richness of the Babylonian culture.
Then substitue whoever you want instead, the point still stands. What was recorded in the 1st 11 chapters in Genesis was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was written down.

How else do you think they passed down knowledge, information, history, wisdom, etc.?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

How do you believe ancient man passed down history and knowledge 6,000 years ago?

The north coast Canaanites and the Sumerians wrote them down1500 years before there were any Jews. Even Dilmun has thousands of clay tablets that predate the existence of the Jews.

See Ras Shamra.

Women in Islam had more rights than their European sisters until 1950.
Um... no. And for sure not anymore, mooselimbs are going backwards.

You're just ignorant. Women had the right to buy, sell, inherit property, own property... the right to divorce and child custody.. the right to an education and the right to write their own marriage contract.
How much does the Ayatollah pay you for this disinformation, 2 camel turds a day?

You really are obnoxious and too stupid to look up women's rights in Islam for yourself.
Don't they teach you how to link your point at the madrasa?

Madrassas are in Pakistan where there is little public education. Its for boys 6 to12 and most are small groups of less than 20 students. They teach reading, writing, arithmetic, a little geography and religion.
AHHH... So no link. Got it.

Regards
DL

Kiss this and tell us what you see as different.

Christian VS Muslim - YouTube

Regards
DL
So you're all pedophiles. Good for you.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The north coast Canaanites and the Sumerians wrote them down1500 years before there were any Jews. Even Dilmun has thousands of clay tablets that predate the existence of the Jews.

See Ras Shamra.
Show me their answers to the origin questions covered in Genesis 1 and 2. Show me the account of the great flood. Show me the account of the great migration.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Then substitue whoever you want instead, the point still stands. What was recorded in the 1st 11 chapters in Genesis was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was written down.

How else do you think they passed down knowledge, information, history, wisdom, etc.?

The Hebrews borrowed the myths and poetry and foundation narratives from successful, older civilizations around them.

Regards
DL

See?

You think that the universe popped out of nothing. That's not logical.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The Hebrews borrowed the myths and poetry and foundation narratives from successful, older civilizations around them.
So they all shared a common culture prior to the great migration captured in the account of the Tower of Babel. You are actually proving my point.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

See Ras Shamra.
Show me their answers to the origin questions covered in Genesis 1 and 2. Show me the account of the great flood. Show me the account of the great migration.

Regards
DL

See?

You think that the universe popped out of nothing. That's not logical.
It would be illogical to believe that matter and energy can exist forever without reaching thermal equilibrium. So matter and energy must be created out of nothing Taz. It's the current belief in the scientific community.

Forum List

Back