Are Republican voters racist?

You label him a great leader yet he hasn't had a coherent economic policy or foreign policy in years and the political divide in Washington is the worst it has ever been.

What is it that makes him a great leader? He doesn't have Clinton's economic savvy. He doesn't have Reagan's ability to work across the aisle to pass legislation or a compelling vision. He definitely doesn't have Carter's innate honesty. He doesn't have LBJ's political astuteness at getting difficult legislation passed. What does he have...other than a fawning main stream media?

Brilliant people are meant to lead. They are not meant to work jobs. Thats why he was elected....twice. He is a great leader. If he was not there would be no one following him. Envy is not a habit I would cultivate. He is clearly smarter than you are. You should deal with that and not be bitter about it.

I'm baffled why you think he should be considered a "great leader". Because he got elected twice? So I assume you view him as a "great peace keeper" because he won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Why would you be baffled? Do you understand leadership at all? You cant lead unless someone is following you. He was elected twice and he has people all across the globe that consider him their personal leader. As far as peace keeping he has done his best as far as being peaceful. You do know thats why you get a Nobel PEACE prize right? You have to be someone that is significant promoting peace.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Obama get nominated for his Nobel Peace Prize 12 days into his first term? What exactly is it that he pulled off in those twelve days "leadership" wise that earned him that honor?

Once you've answered that for me...take a stab at explaining why doing his "best" at keeping the peace has led to his ordering both a massive "surge" in Afghanistan and the widespread use of Predator strikes throughout the world?

LOL...what would you like a "link" to, Dottie? That Barack Obama was a member of the stoners who called themselves the Choom Gang? That he used Affirmative Action to get into Columbia and Harvard Law? That his selection to be the first black President of the Harvard Law Review was due more to his pigmentation than it was his innate brilliance? Or that he parlayed THAT into a big money book deal, a high paying job with a prestigious Chicago law firm, a lecturer's job at the University of Chicago and a State Senator's job in Illinois? That the only remarkable thing about his "career" after leaving Harvard Law is how he managed to do nothing exceptional as a lawyer, a lecturer or as a legislator yet he ended up being our President?

What link are you looking for?

I'll ask again- link? You made 5-6 unsourced allegations and no, I'm not going to just take your word for it :rolleyes:

Do you not want to supply it because its from a known rw hack site? :eusa_whistle:

What "allegation" do you take exception to, Dottie?

If you'd like to prove me wrong you can do so quite easily...simply provide examples of something exceptional that Barack Obama has done as a lawyer, or as a lecturer, or as a legislator from the time he left Harvard Law School until he was elected President of the United States.

I predict that you will bluster and rant but never provide what I've asked for. Why? Because it doesn't exist! Barack Obama was a mediocre lawyer...a mediocre lecturer...and an abysmal legislator.

Lots of rw'ers apparently don't know basic debating tactics 101- you make an assertion- you back it up w/ sources.

I eagerly await your links proving those assertions you posted otherwise, stop wasting mine and everyone else's time :)

Lots of rw'ers apparently don't know basic debating tactics 101- you make an assertion- you back it up w/ sources.

I eagerly await your links proving those assertions you posted otherwise, stop wasting mine and everyone else's time :)

It seems fascinating that you are devoting so much time to what you obviously believe to a lost cause. Do you obsess on other things as well?

Barry is the stoner Choom Gang member who figured out how to use Affirmative Action and the color of his skin to game the system for an Ivy League education, the Presidency of the Harvard Law Review, a six figure book deal, a Nobel Peace Prize and the Presidency of the United States all while doing nothing exceptional from the time he left his exclusive prep school in Hawaii until now.

Who is "Barry"? One of the greatest con men of all time...that's who Barry is.

link?

LOL...what would you like a "link" to, Dottie? That Barack Obama was a member of the stoners who called themselves the Choom Gang? That he used Affirmative Action to get into Columbia and Harvard Law? That his selection to be the first black President of the Harvard Law Review was due more to his pigmentation than it was his innate brilliance? Or that he parlayed THAT into a big money book deal, a high paying job with a prestigious Chicago law firm, a lecturer's job at the University of Chicago and a State Senator's job in Illinois? That the only remarkable thing about his "career" after leaving Harvard Law is how he managed to do nothing exceptional as a lawyer, a lecturer or as a legislator yet he ended up being our President?

What link are you looking for?

His biographies do just fine.

You label him a great leader yet he hasn't had a coherent economic policy or foreign policy in years and the political divide in Washington is the worst it has ever been.

What is it that makes him a great leader? He doesn't have Clinton's economic savvy. He doesn't have Reagan's ability to work across the aisle to pass legislation or a compelling vision. He definitely doesn't have Carter's innate honesty. He doesn't have LBJ's political astuteness at getting difficult legislation passed. What does he have...other than a fawning main stream media?

Assuming what you said was true, what does that have do with being a leader? Sounds like admin work to me. He doesn't have carte blanche to just do whatever he wants except order troops into combat. If he has people actively trying to shut down his policies he has to play a game instead of concentrating on leading. Who told you these things were the defining points of a leader? Why did you believe them?

I think I told you before he is a great leader because he has people following his vision for a better world which is the essence of pure leadership. You paint a vision and start working towards it. If people buy into and follow then you are a leader. If you do this as the most powerful man on earth that makes you a great leader.

I'm baffled why you think he should be considered a "great leader". Because he got elected twice? So I assume you view him as a "great peace keeper" because he won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Why would you be baffled? Do you understand leadership at all? You cant lead unless someone is following you. He was elected twice and he has people all across the globe that consider him their personal leader. As far as peace keeping he has done his best as far as being peaceful. You do know thats why you get a Nobel PEACE prize right? You have to be someone that is significant promoting peace.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't Obama get nominated for his Nobel Peace Prize 12 days into his first term? What exactly is it that he pulled off in those twelve days "leadership" wise that earned him that honor?

Once you've answered that for me...take a stab at explaining why doing his "best" at keeping the peace has led to his ordering both a massive "surge" in Afghanistan and the widespread use of Predator strikes throughout the world?

The Nobel peace prize was intended, and everyone understood it, to be a rebuke of Bush's wars.

You may be right about when he was nominated. Evidently everyone knew and trusted him at his word without him having stepped foot in the white house. Pure leadership on display there. he was able to articulate his vision and people believed in it. Twice as a matter of fact.

Doing your best is pretty easy to figure out. What is confusing you about that? Bin Laden was nabbed as a result of his actions in Afghanistan. Were you aware that the inventor of dynamite was a peace loving man by the name of Alfred Nobel?

How do I "source" Obama's mediocrity? I suppose I COULD Google all of his great successes as a lawyer working for that prestigious law firm in Chicago except there aren't any. They actually paid him while he was in Bali working on his book. Nice work if you can get it! Or I could peruse all of the scholarly work that Obama did while teaching at the University of Chicago except for the fact that he didn't publish ANYTHING. Or I could list all of the bills he passed in the Illinois Senate in the two years before Emile Jones decided to groom him for a US Senate run, but he didn't have a single piece of legislation he sponsored pass in those two long years.

The problem that I have, Dottie...is that you want me to prove a negative. You want me to show you proof that something doesn't exist...that doesn't exist.

Assuming what you said was true, what does that have do with being a leader? Sounds like admin work to me. He doesn't have carte blanche to just do whatever he wants except order troops into combat. If he has people actively trying to shut down his policies he has to play a game instead of concentrating on leading. Who told you these things were the defining points of a leader? Why did you believe them?

I think I told you before he is a great leader because he has people following his vision for a better world which is the essence of pure leadership. You paint a vision and start working towards it. If people buy into and follow then you are a leader. If you do this as the most powerful man on earth that makes you a great leader.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you speak of Barack Obama's "vision for a better world"! Do you not understand the difference between meaningless rhetoric and concrete plans? Obama has been long on the former and woefully short on the latter.

He's given us the expression "Leading from behind!" It's the most laughably "Orwellian" thing I've heard in years.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you speak of Barack Obama's "vision for a better world"! Do you not understand the difference between meaningless rhetoric and concrete plans? Obama has been long on the former and woefully short on the latter.

Your statement pretty much confirms you have no clue as to what leadership is. As I told you before the main job of a leader is create a clear vision. Without any vision people will simply not follow you. You call it rhetoric because you don't want to accept the vision which is ok. However, millions of other people do. They have done so twice now.

He's given us the expression "Leading from behind!" It's the most laughably "Orwellian" thing I've heard in years.

You keep leaving clues you are a worker bee. Leaders delegate. Thats what the phrase means in case you were unaware. :D

Even better can you provide a quote where he said those actual words?

Last edited:
are republican voters racist?

not as a whole, no.

But it is a fact that racists identify as conservative, are comfortable in the gop, and invariably vote republican.

This does not mean the gop is racist, and the gop neither endorses nor promotes racism. There are aspects of conservative dogma, however, as well as aspects of the republican agenda, which do attract racists – and it’s consequently incumbent upon the gop to examine the party’s platform, policy positions, and overall message to discover why racists are indeed attracted to the gop.
well...there are an exceedingly large amount of gop politicians that attempt and are often successful at using race to win elections in many districts, particularly the south.. Remember the willie horton ads used by george h. W. Bush himself. And the harold ford, jr. Ads in the tennessee race.

The gop was very successful in both.

Here's a list of the most racist ads...

25 most racist advertisements and commercials ? Ad savvy

check how many were run by gopers.

The fact of the matter is, racists are all too comfortable in the gop. And so-called good conservatives have been too silent for too long.

Time to stand-up and purge your party of the dregs that are bringing your once-honorable party down.
*cough* *cough* *cough*

But it is a fact that racists identify as conservative, are comfortable in the GOP, and invariably vote republican.

It is also a fact that racists identify as liberal, are comfortable in the democrat party, and invariably vote democrat.

In another thread, you railed on and on about the lack of a source to prove an opposing generality.

Do you always feel that way?

I'm new here, so I don't yet know.

Your statement pretty much confirms you have no clue as to what leadership is. As I told you before the main job of a leader is create a clear vision. Without any vision people will simply not follow you. You call it rhetoric because you don't want to accept the vision which is ok. However, millions of other people do. They have done so twice now.

I've been a manager or owner of businesses for the better part of 35 years. Unlike yourself, I understand the difference between someone who talks a good game and someone who actually accomplishes things.

Since you've made the statement that Barack Obama has created a "clear vision" perhaps you'd like to share with us what that clear vision is when it comes to our economy and the millions of Americans who have been mired in long term unemployment? What's Barry's plan?

Forum List

Back