Are Same-Sex Couples Better Parents?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
  • Thanks
A Man can NOT be a Mother to a Daughter...

A Woman can NOT be a Father to a Son...

Because Life is Imperfect, and Situations like Death and Divorce, and Out of Wedlock Pregnancies Exist, doesn't Mean that what's Best for a Child, which is a Mother and a Father, should be Placed on an Equal Level with ANY other Situation for Children.

A Civil Society MUST have Rational Standards.

I don't think that men try to be mothers to daughters, nor do women try to be fathers to sons.

They are parents. They do what they can.

Do you think a child is hampered by having two parents that love them as compared to only one parent that loves them?

...what's Best for a Child, which is a Mother and a Father, should be Placed on an Equal Level with ANY other Situation for Children...

Would you say that a child raised by a mother and an abusive alcoholic father is still better than a child raised by two loving gay people?

No they do not, nothing better for a child than having a mommy and daddy, like most kids do.

And having two gay parents, one of which is mentally ill or perverted, is in no way superior to having an alcoholic dad.

The idea that all gay parents are stable, loving and healthy is a lie. They aren't any more likely to be so,and in fact less likely, than their hetero counterparts. And their incidence of "divorce" is higher.

• Thanks
And having two gay parents, one of which is mentally ill or perverted, is in no way superior to having an alcoholic dad.

The idea that all gay parents are stable, loving and healthy is a lie. They aren't any more likely to be so,and in fact less likely, than their hetero counterparts. And their incidence of "divorce" is higher.

You can't really call it divorce, since in most states that can't get married.
The state sanctioning of homosexual marriage will result in some homosexual divorces though.

The quality of parent comes from the individual and his or her approach to raising their kids. It doesn't have anything to do, imo, with sexual orientation. You have good and bad parents in either scenario.

The quality of parent comes from the individual and his or her approach to raising their kids. It doesn't have anything to do, imo, with sexual orientation. You have good and bad parents in either scenario.

Agreed.

However, when I read the question "Are same-sex couples better parents?" I consider the comparison in terms of all else being equal. And all else being equal, it is my opinion that children are better off being raised by a heterosexual couple than a homosexual couple.

However, when I read the question "Are same-sex couples better parents?" I consider the comparison in terms of all else being equal. And all else being equal, it is my opinion that children are better off being raised by a heterosexual couple than a homosexual couple.

If all things are equal, what is it that you believe makes the difference with respect to a heterosexual couple? I think many people share your viewpoint on this, but I'm not sure where the distinction lies if everything else is truly equal.

If all things are equal, what is it that you believe makes the difference with respect to a heterosexual couple? I think many people share your viewpoint on this, but I'm not sure where the distinction lies if everything else is truly equal.

IMO a child is better off having a positive role model from each gender.

I think that is true as well.

Suppose there are uncles, aunts, friends, etc. who can fill these roles. Do you think that can make up for the deficiency?

I think that is true as well.

Suppose there are uncles, aunts, friends, etc. who can fill these roles. Do you think that can make up for the deficiency?

No, you have to have an uncle or aunt that can serve as a bad example. That way you can look at the kids and say, "You don't want to grow up to be a worthless bum like uncle Joe, do you?"

Being raised by people other than your biological parents is not the same as being raised by gays.

Children of same-sex couples tell their story - The Boston Globe

"Interviews by the Globe with nearly two dozen children in families across the region found some still struggling to sort out their feelings about being unlike their peers in this one important way. Some still shrink from a neighbor's gaze in hopes that their secret will not be found out."

And here's an 11 year old child whose apparent life focus is on the defense of homosexuality. An odd hobby for an 11 y.o.

"Children like 11-year-old Deanna Makinen, a stocky fifth-grader with rod-straight blonde hair and her mother's vivid-blue eyes. Deanna has been talking a lot about her two mothers lately and is working on a computer presentation about gay marriage to present to her church."

"It is generally believed by therapists and counselors that children of gay men and lesbians whose parents were formerly married have somewhat more difficulty than those born to or adopted by a same-sex couple."

"The middle school years can be a difficult time for any child. For those of same-sex parents it can be even more so, experts and the children themselves say, partly because of the dread of being labeled "different," but also because they are dealing with their own budding sexuality. Some rage at their parents. Some beg them not to attend school events or to express affection toward each other in public. And often, rather than endure complicated questions, some stop inviting friends over to the house."

Heck, sounds perfectly "normal" to me.

really what is normal Allie? Everyone's normal is different.
Any child who has parents who are getting divorced and have a new partner are going to have hard time in middle school. Everyone gets made fun of.
I don't have a "normal" family but to me it is normal and none of my brother's and sister's ended up bad people. I have a friend who had two parents, lived the american dream and she is more fucked up than anyone I know.

One of the centerpieces of leftist thinking. There is no such things as cultual and societal norms....

A Man can NOT be a Mother to a Daughter...

A Woman can NOT be a Father to a Son...

Because Life is Imperfect, and Situations like Death and Divorce, and Out of Wedlock Pregnancies Exist, doesn't Mean that what's Best for a Child, which is a Mother and a Father, should be Placed on an Equal Level with ANY other Situation for Children.

A Civil Society MUST have Rational Standards.

I don't think that men try to be mothers to daughters, nor do women try to be fathers to sons.

They are parents. They do what they can.

Do you think a child is hampered by having two parents that love them as compared to only one parent that loves them?

I Think that having One Dad or Two Dads is about the Same as having One Dad when it Comes to Needing a Mother...

It also Brings the Confusion of Personal Choices into the Equation.

:)

peace...

Maybe.

At the very least they don't tend toward religious extremism so aren't apt to raise kids that kill "in the name" of their God.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1697684-post177.html

^Like the Shooter @ Hood?... Hell, he didn't have Kids, did he?

But he did have Islam... And wanted some al Qaeda to go with it.

peace...

i'm sorry. i must have missed the news that he was raised by gay parents.

idiot.

Yeah, I wasn't Awake at that Point...

Doing more than one Thing and all...

But Thanks for going Straight for a Personal Attack because someone Mispoke... It Defines you. :clap2:

peace...

This is a weird comparison.

Then I suppose that having two gay parents, one being an alcoholic, is superior to having a straight day that is mentally ill or perverted.

Forum List

Back