Are the anti-science zealots accepting anthropogenic climate change yet?

The hidebound, aging champions of planetary flatulence may not yet be accepting science over ideology in what is a scientific matter, but folks who are not scheduled for imminent departure from the planet have a self-interest in confronting reality:

'Light Years Ahead' Of Their Elders, Young Republicans Push GOP On Climate Change​

A recent Pew Research Center survey shows Republicans 18 to 39 years old are more concerned about the climate than their elders. By a nearly two-to-one margin they are more likely to agree that "human activity contributes a great deal to climate change," and "the federal government is doing too little to reduce the effects of climate change."​
Some of these young conservatives are starting environmental groups and becoming climate activists. And now they're pushing their party to do more....​

Anthropogenic
(chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating in human activity. (which is not correct, humans do not pollute as much as you think.)

The above is a bit overdone, not even close. If you could add up all the poop dumped on the Serengeti National Park in a day, it would add up to twenty times more animal pooped in a poopy day in the Serengeti National Park Than all the humans on the face of this planet poop in a day.

We are not the only poopers, polluting our planet in a day.

anthropogenic - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
"anthropogenic emissions of sulfur dioxide",

Sulfur dioxide
(SO2), a colorless, bad-smelling, toxic gas, is part of a larger group of chemicals referred to as sulfur oxides (SOx). These gases, especially SO2, are emitted by the burning of fossil fuels — coal, oil, and diesel — or other materials that contain sulfur.

Biofuels do not have the above deadly side effects.

The most pollution free energy source is combining hydrogen and two atoms of oxygen together. This instant release of heat energy is pollution free and could power our energy needs for all time to come.

Most of the power coming out of a jets tail pipe is water vapor; O2 getting with H; H2O

Jet fuel does not emit SO2. When you see a jet fly overhead you may see a white trail behind the jet. That is freezing water vaper.

Anthropogenic is a false term with a bogus intent.

:)-

The resolution of the ideologues vs the climatologists squabble over who had a better grasp of climate was always silly.

"I don’t know about you guys, but I think climate change is...

'BULLSHIT!’

...‘By the way, it is!"

[Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to Republican luncheon that climate change is ‘bullsh—’]

Knowledge respects reality. Ignorance must have reality forced upon it. When ignorance is sustained by ideological dogma, it's a bitch to overcome, particularly in especially resistant cases.

The predictions are being validated. The theoretical is becoming blatant. The forecasts are being realized. Denial is becoming an increasingly costly ideological self-indulgence - agricultural failures, wildfires, flooding, soaring energy costs, droughts, mass starvation, relentless human migrations, etc., etc., etc.

By midcentury, if greenhouse gas emissions are not significantly curtailed, the coldest and warmest daily temperatures are expected to increase by at least 5 degrees F in most areas by mid-century rising to 10 degrees F by late century. The National Climate Assessment estimates 20-30 more days over 90 degrees F in most areas by mid-century. A recent study projects that the annual number of days with a heat index above 100 degrees F will double, and days with a heat index above 105 degrees F will triple, nationwide, when compared to the end of the 20th century.
Extreme heat can increase the risk of other types of disasters. Heat can exacerbate drought, and hot dry conditions can in turn create wildfire conditions. In cities, buildings roads and infrastructure can be heated to 50 to 90 degrees hotter than the air while natural surfaces remain closer to air temperatures. The heat island effect is most intense during the day, but the slow release of heat from the infrastructure overnight (or an atmospheric heat island) can keep cities much hotter than surrounding areas. Rising temperatures across the country poses a threat to people, ecosystems and the economy...
An early summer heatwave across the western United States broke all-time records in multiple states, with temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for days on end in some places. This event marked yet another climate extreme for residents of a region already suffering through a devastating drought and with memories of last year’s horrific wildfire season likely still fresh on people’s minds.
Truth not only endures. It has an irresistible way of imposing itself upon even the most willfully obtuse:

Expect Americans to demand their elected representatives confront reality.

Some may be a bit slow, but eventually, everybody will get it, one way or another.

View attachment 511009
"If there is one thing that really burns my ass, it's
CLIMATE CHANGE!"

the sky is falling

I don't know what percentage causes COPD and Pulmonary diseases though they may be caused by infection, smoking tobacco, or by breathing in secondhand tobacco smoke, radon, asbestos, or other forms of air pollution. Many of these can cause death.

I'm not suggesting CO2 will become a major gas in our atmosphere, I simply stated it is deadly when inhaled. So can Nitrogen when used by SCUBA Divers.

CO2 is DEADLY WHEN INHALED?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking retard anti-science loon....
Try sitting in a closed air tight coffin.

The resolution of the ideologues vs the climatologists squabble over who had a better grasp of climate was always silly.

'BULLSHIT!’

...‘By the way, it is!"

[Sen. Ron Johnson mouths to Republican luncheon that climate change is ‘bullsh—’]

Knowledge respects reality. Ignorance must have reality forced upon it. When ignorance is sustained by ideological dogma, it's a bitch to overcome, particularly in especially resistant cases.

The predictions are being validated. The theoretical is becoming blatant. The forecasts are being realized. Denial is becoming an increasingly costly ideological self-indulgence - agricultural failures, wildfires, flooding, soaring energy costs, droughts, mass starvation, relentless human migrations, etc., etc., etc.

By midcentury, if greenhouse gas emissions are not significantly curtailed, the coldest and warmest daily temperatures are expected to increase by at least 5 degrees F in most areas by mid-century rising to 10 degrees F by late century. The National Climate Assessment estimates 20-30 more days over 90 degrees F in most areas by mid-century. A recent study projects that the annual number of days with a heat index above 100 degrees F will double, and days with a heat index above 105 degrees F will triple, nationwide, when compared to the end of the 20th century.
Extreme heat can increase the risk of other types of disasters. Heat can exacerbate drought, and hot dry conditions can in turn create wildfire conditions. In cities, buildings roads and infrastructure can be heated to 50 to 90 degrees hotter than the air while natural surfaces remain closer to air temperatures. The heat island effect is most intense during the day, but the slow release of heat from the infrastructure overnight (or an atmospheric heat island) can keep cities much hotter than surrounding areas. Rising temperatures across the country poses a threat to people, ecosystems and the economy...
An early summer heatwave across the western United States broke all-time records in multiple states, with temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for days on end in some places. This event marked yet another climate extreme for residents of a region already suffering through a devastating drought and with memories of last year’s horrific wildfire season likely still fresh on people’s minds.
Truth not only endures. It has an irresistible way of imposing itself upon even the most willfully obtuse:

Some may be a bit slow, but eventually, everybody will get it, one way or another.

View attachment 511009
CLIMATE CHANGE!"

Well you know it was predicted that we were going to run out of food by the year 2000. I don't know about you, but I'm still eating. Oh and, all of Gore's predictions have been crap also. You be a good little pawn though.
More accurate than predictions from Conservatives saying there is no climate change
You mean your predictions that are 100% wrong every time? There is climate change it got into the 70's last night and will get in the mid eighties today.

There is no doubt that climate change is having an impact. Liberal predictions may not be happening as soon as predicted but they are still happening.

How are Conservative claims that THERE IS NO CLIMATE CHANGE working out?

what predictions? There havent been any predictions coming true especially when you watch the snow come down at their global warming summits
They obviously aren't worried about C02 because they all fly their private jets around. All the while saying we are the problem.
Dumb comment. Why not add to your post all MLB, NBA, etc players and coaches and Donald Trump who flew to Mar a Loga? Oh yeah, Trump doesn't care about our planet or the people, Animals and plants.
He isn't the one's making money off global warming. Gore's energy bill for one month in one of his house could pay for mine for a year. If he is that worried about the climate, you would think he would cut back and that is from one of his homes. The one's that cry the most are the biggest polluters.
How do you know his energy bill? For the record, we pay less than $5.00 each month, we have panels on our roof and we own two electric cars: Tesla and Chevy Bolt, so we don't need to buy gas.
Good for you, if it works for nothing wrong with it. I can't do panels considering my land is old woods. But that being said I can build my tiny home with a basement dug out on one of the hills leading down to the creek. Then heat and cool my house on top for free. I'm not against getting off the grid, but everyone cannot do it. Why take away the 100% energy to them and replace it what happened in Texas last winter. They tried solar and windmills and it failed.
Huh, I don't know how it happened n Texas last winter, I do know the people suffered for months.

More accurate than predictions from Conservatives saying there is no climate change
The ideological dogma that decrees one is free to poop into the heavens with impunity appears to be tenacious.

Housebreaking the obstinate is a challenge.

Spewing greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere impacts the atmosphere.
C02 is not a pollutant, moron. Plants need it to live.

Statement: "C02 is not a pollutant, moron. Plants need it to live."

Response: Retention of CO2 is deadly in Human Beings.

Or is this also fake news and lying scientists, in your opinion?

Are you identifying as a plant today?

Hottest June temps in 120 years. Wholly fuck Banker, WTF were we doing 120 years ago?

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
The actual raw (unfudged) data still reads as follows....

No warming in the atmosphere
No warming in the oceans
No net ice melt ongoing
No breakout in canes
No sea level rise

The only series that shows warming in the raw data is from the surface of growing urban areas due to urban heat sink effect....

Co2 has either nothing to do with earth climate change, or its contribution is statistically insignificant.

Notice too that the dumbest amongst us are the believers.

They parrot
They believe parroting = proof
They spazz at you for not parroting

Same as with the sub human morons who still believe Reefer Madness....

It is futile to attempt to bring the residue of hardcore science deniers to a grasp of anthropogenic climate change based upon empirical data and the overwhelming consensus of the most knowledgable. Their ideological dogma prevents it.

Among the plethora of crackpot conspiracies that fester in their noggins is this one by the global scientific community that has concluded that spewing industrial greenhouse gases into the atmosphere has an impact that has resulted in the dramatic rise in average global temperature that persists.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 7.28.13 AM.png

When science and ideology differ in this scientific matter, they lash out irrationally at science.​

The pattern is not unique. When the fifty states, under both Republican and Democratic administrations, verify their election results, in some cases after multiple recounts, independent audits, and dozens of court challenges, and the Congress of the United States, with the Vice President presiding, officially certifies the result of a safe and secure democratic election, they rave inanely about a fanciful vast caper to "steal" the election, but cannot contrive any credible evidence, any rational explanations as to how it was masterminded, coordinated, or how the multitude of malefactors collaborated. The crackpots have yet to cite a single suspect in their monumental heist.

The fake, self-serving fantasies trigger febrile conniption fits that assail the expressed will of the People of the United States:

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 4.54.43 PM.png

Given their embrace of emotion and rejection of reason, their inability to come to grips with the existential crisis that rational folks around the world are confronting is hardly surprising. Grievance-driven and impervious to dispassionate assessments of reality that do not comport with their ideological dogma, they are not amenable to rational conclusions.

Their assbackward, foreordained belief is their starting point that goes nowhere, but simply produces whatever fallacies are necessary to sustain it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.04.12 AM.png

When confronted with the overwhelming, credible evidence from reliable sources, they lash out hysterically, only adding, symbolically, to the rising temperatures they deny. Meanwhile, responsible folks are facing up to the crisis and trying to deal with it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.01.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.01.10 AM.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
No warming in the atmosphere
No warming in the oceans
No net ice melt ongoing
No breakout in canes
No sea level rise
Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 8.40.12 AM.png

"I objectively assess a broad range of sources that run the gamut from my
God Emperor's divine decrees to the revelations of the blessed fossil fuels cartel!"

Last edited:

The hidebound, aging champions of planetary flatulence may not yet be accepting science over ideology in what is a scientific matter, but folks who are not scheduled for imminent departure from the planet have a self-interest in confronting reality:

'Light Years Ahead' Of Their Elders, Young Republicans Push GOP On Climate Change​

A recent Pew Research Center survey shows Republicans 18 to 39 years old are more concerned about the climate than their elders. By a nearly two-to-one margin they are more likely to agree that "human activity contributes a great deal to climate change," and "the federal government is doing too little to reduce the effects of climate change."​
Some of these young conservatives are starting environmental groups and becoming climate activists. And now they're pushing their party to do more....​

BTW, the quote in your sig is from Richard Grenier. The author is known.

A Tesla Model S 70 kWh battery weighs about 1300 pounds, and will get you about 230 miles if you don't use the heat.
But what does a car engine weigh compared to an electric motor?
I don't know, but you can choose two or three motors in a Tesla. Gross weight is 4,323–4,960 lb.

A large sedan, for comparison, Hyundai Sonata, weighs 2,899–3,278 lb.

(source: Wiki)

Then there is the price...

1626011251242.png

1626011321369.png

Apparently idiots like the OP believe the Earth is at the pinnacle of a perfect climate and cannot be allowed to deviate because humans stupidly built mega cities in flood prone areas.

What's next? Preventing tectonic plate shifting before the west coast gets swallowed up by the sea as California slowly heads towards Alaska?
Sorry, but in time that area is doomed. Volcanoes spew more pollution than humans, so we should spare no expense stopping them also.

The notion that anyone denies climate change is stupid and false. In fact, in my cold ass part of the world, I welcome it.

No feature on Earth is permanent whether man made or natural.

'BULLSHIT!’

...‘By the way, it is!"

View attachment 511009
CLIMATE CHANGE!"

"... an article by award-winning climate activist Michael Shellenberger, in which he apologizes "for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years."

Authored by Michael Shellenberger via Environmental Progress (emphasis ours)

On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare

On behalf of environmentalists everywhere, I would like to formally apologize for the climate scare we created over the last 30 years. Climate change is happening. It’s just not the end of the world. It’s not even our most serious environmental problem.
I may seem like a strange person to be saying all of this. I have been a climate activist for 20 years and an environmentalist for 30.
But as an energy expert asked by Congress to provide objective expert testimony, and invited by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to serve as Expert Reviewer of its next Assessment Report, I feel an obligation to apologize for how badly we environmentalists have misled the public.
Here are some facts few people know:

• Humans are not causing a “sixth mass extinction”
  • The Amazon is not “the lungs of the world”
  • Climate change is not making natural disasters worse
  • Fires have declined 25% around the world since 2003
  • The amount of land we use for meat — humankind’s biggest use of land — has declined by an area nearly as large as Alaska
  • The build-up of wood fuel and more houses near forests, not climate change, explain why there are more, and more dangerous, fires in Australia and California
  • Carbon emissions are declining in most rich nations and have been declining in Britain, Germany, and France since the mid-1970s
  • Adapting to life below sea level made the Netherlands rich not poor
  • We produce 25% more food than we need and food surpluses will continue to rise as the world gets hotter
  • Habitat loss and the direct killing of wild animals are bigger threats to species than climate change
  • Wood fuel is far worse for people and wildlife than fossil fuels
  • Preventing future pandemics requires more not less “industrial” agriculture
I know that the above facts will sound like “climate denialism” to many people. But that just shows the power of climate alarmism"

Forbes Censors Award-Winning Environmentalist's Apology Over Three-Decade 'Climate Scare' - So Here It Is

"We environmentalists have misled the public."

www.zerohedge.com

A Tesla Model S 70 kWh battery weighs about 1300 pounds, and will get you about 230 miles if you don't use the heat.
But what does a car engine weigh compared to an electric motor?
I don't know, but you can choose two or three motors in a Tesla. Gross weight is 4,323–4,960 lb.

A large sedan, for comparison, Hyundai Sonata, weighs 2,899–3,278 lb.

(source: Wiki)

Then there is the price...

View attachment 511313

View attachment 511315
The price paid by the consumer is less than half the cost of a Tesla, Taxpayers subsidize every pure EV sold at 53% of the total cost.

It is futile to attempt to bring the residue of hardcore science deniers to a grasp of anthropogenic climate change based upon empirical data and the overwhelming consensus of the most knowledgable. Their ideological dogma prevents it.

Among the plethora of crackpot conspiracies that fester in their noggins is this one by the global scientific community that has concluded that spewing industrial greenhouse gases into the atmosphere has an impact that has resulted in the dramatic rise in average global temperature that persists.

View attachment 511281

When science and ideology differ in this scientific matter, they lash out irrationally at science.​

The pattern is not unique. When the fifty states, under both Republican and Democratic administrations, verify their election results, in some cases after multiple recounts, independent audits, and dozens of court challenges, and the Congress of the United States, with the Vice President presiding, officially certifies the result of a safe and secure democratic election, they rave inanely about a fanciful vast caper to "steal" the election, but cannot contrive any credible evidence, any rational explanations as to how it was masterminded, coordinated, or how the multitude of malefactors collaborated. The crackpots have yet to cite a single suspect in their monumental heist.

The fake, self-serving fantasies trigger febrile conniption fits that assail the expressed will of the People of the United States:

View attachment 511286
Given their embrace of emotion and rejection of reason, their inability to come to grips with the existential crisis that rational folks around the world are confronting is hardly surprising. Grievance-driven and impervious to dispassionate assessments of reality that do not comport with their ideological dogma, they are not amenable to rational conclusions.

Their assbackward, foreordained belief is their starting point that goes nowhere, but simply produces whatever fallacies are necessary to sustain it.

When confronted with the overwhelming, credible evidence from reliable sources, they lash out hysterically, only adding, symbolically, to the rising temperatures they deny. Meanwhile, responsible folks are facing up to the crisis and trying to deal with it.
When confronted with the overwhelming, credible evidence from reliable sources....

Except that none -as in NONE- of the information from the warmer alarmists is overwhelming, credible, nor reliable.

Forum List

Back