Are There Similarities Between The Crusade And The Isis Goal?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
The Christian Crusades 1095-1291

It seems if you go and compare some of the things that happened in the Crusades, you might see some similarities with the atrocities that ISIS is carrying out. I am a Christian and I see the great difference. But when I began reading about the Crusades, I was startled.

But this is not 1095. ISIS attempts to establish a caliphate through brutality and murder. Christianity should teach a doctrine of love, even for our enemies. The Islam that ISIS teaches is one many Muslims do not recognize.

It seems if you go and compare some of the things that happened in the Crusades, you might see some similarities with the atrocities that ISIS is carrying out. I am a Christian and I see the great difference. But when I began reading about the Crusades, I was startled.

But this is not 1095. ISIS attempts to establish a caliphate through brutality and murder. Christianity should teach a doctrine of love, even for our enemies. The Islam that ISIS teaches is one many Muslims do not recognize.
I've read several Islamic scriptures myself and in a nutshell, true Islamic beliefs promotes peace and nonviolence. There's always going to be radicals and religious fanatics and heretics.

Amusing when Christians are like "This isn't medieval times! Islam is for savages! Killing in the name of their God! Who would do something like that! They're brainwashed! Murdering and even dying in the name of their God!"

Yeah

As if, because it is 2014, human Nature is somehow supposed to be any different than it once was.

As if, the river of time has completely eroded the far reaching effects of Christian murder and genocide in the past.

As if, finding the strength to kill in the name of your God and/ or dying in the name of your God is somehow a dishonorable thing to do.

Yet I understand why Christians killed in the name of their God and died in the name of their God, just as I understand why Muslims kill in the name of their God and die in the name of their God. I understand what can be achieved as a result, and how it progresses and strengthens their religion, their faith, their spirituality...

As indoctrinated as some people may be, and as much as I discourage being a "follower" of a single religion... I can still respect the great level of devotion and loyalty that some people have to their God or Gods.

Amusing when Christians are like "This isn't medieval times! Islam is for savages! Killing in the name of their God! Who would do something like that! They're brainwashed! Murdering and even dying in the name of their God!"

Yeah

As if, because it is 2014, human Nature is somehow supposed to be any different than it once was.

As if, the river of time has completely eroded the far reaching effects of Christian murder and genocide in the past.

As if, finding the strength to kill in the name of your God and/ or dying in the name of your God is somehow a dishonorable thing to do.

Yet I understand why Christians killed in the name of their God and died in the name of their God, just as I understand why Muslims kill in the name of their God and die in the name of their God. I understand what can be achieved as a result, and how it progresses and strengthens their religion, their faith, their spirituality...

As indoctrinated as some people may be, and as much as I discourage being a "follower" of a single religion... I can still respect the great level of devotion and loyalty that some people have to their God or Gods.
That's a different way of viewing the violence. I was raised Christian (Baptist) but I don't know what I believe today.
Anyways, thanks for your insight!

Yeah

Christians are like, "Boy God sure hit the nail on the head with that prophesy!

Genesis 16:12 And he will be a wild ass; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren

[

I've read several Islamic scriptures myself and in a nutshell, true Islamic beliefs promotes peace and nonviolence. There's always going to be radicals and religious fanatics and heretics.

What you've read was taquyia. If you've read anything at all.
Islam never promoted peace and nonviolence. Except for the followers of the specific Islam direction, like sunni, shia etc between each other. the rest has to be enslaved or killed. This is the rule, the word and instruction of allah.
Whatever is written by any muslim cannot alter the quran or the hadith. and IT WILL NOT, in the case you try to make, because this is written for dhimmies.
It is a fraud. They have to lie and betray (the unbelievers), because it is stipulated in the quran.
Sura 3.54. and allah ist the greatet deceiver of them all.
Nothing more to say..

Yeah

Christians are like, "Boy God sure hit the nail on the head with that prophesy!

Genesis 16:12 And he will be a wild ass; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren
Irish Ram, you do realize that Bible verse describes only one man's personal character and says nothing about his descendants behaving that way. ...... :cool:

Last edited:
Irish Ram, you do realize that Bible verse describes only one man's personal character and says nothing about his descendants behaving that way. ...... :cool:

LOL....as if they don't......

Think once you propose murdering in the name of a god, the actual mechanism you use is moot.

Forum List

Back