Are We Born With Morals?

Logic... like truth is waiting to be discovered.

Einstein didn't create E=mc^2. Einstein discovered E=mc^2.
which one -

are you saying math has multiple consequences as logic, not the same ... right vs wrong is not a theorem.
Which one what?

I am saying that logic and truth exist independent of man.
Logic and truth are subjective.
Not possible.

The definition of subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Logic and truth does not have personal feelings, tastes or opinions. Logic and truth just are. What you are trying to say is that man's perception of logic and truth is subjective. Man can have personal feelings, tastes and opinions. Logic and truth cannot.
You use your own messed up logic to try to prove your nonsense, meaning that it's only logical to you.
And everyone's truth is different as well.
Logic and truth are not subjective. What is logical and what is true exists independently of man's perception of logic and truth. Logic and truth, like all natural phenomenon are discovered.

which one -

are you saying math has multiple consequences as logic, not the same ... right vs wrong is not a theorem.
Which one what?

Not possible.

The definition of subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Logic and truth does not have personal feelings, tastes or opinions. Logic and truth just are. What you are trying to say is that man's perception of logic and truth is subjective. Man can have personal feelings, tastes and opinions. Logic and truth cannot.
You use your own messed up logic to try to prove your nonsense, meaning that it's only logical to you.
Logic and truth are not subjective. What is logical and what is true exists independently of man's perception of logic and truth. Logic and truth, like all natural phenomenon are discovered.
Your own logic is very subjective, since it never makes any sense. Everyone's own logic may different from each other. Same for truth.

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

Your own logic is very subjective, since it never makes any sense. Everyone's own logic may different from each other. Same for truth.
You have a need to make this personal. I don't. Logic and truth exist independently of man and are discovered.

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

You have a need to make this personal. I don't. Logic and truth exist independently of man and are discovered.
Got a link? No? :blowpop:

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

Do you? :blowpop:

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

You made the claim, so prove it, because I can't disprove something that hasn't been proven.

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

You made the claim, so prove it, because I can't disprove something that hasn't been proven.
You made a claim too, dummy.

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

You made the first claim, so go for it and prove it. :popcorn:

People are intrinsically evil. In the Judeo-Christian tradition, it is called, "Original Sin." The strong will dominate and exploit the weak until forced to do otherwise. You might say, that is the role of Police in our society: to pose as a threat to anyone who would harm others, in order to deter that behavior.

This is why it is imperative when looking at history and even current events, to identify and recognize kind, compassionate, moral behavior, to ascertain what motivated it. Then, exalt that factor and hope that it proliferates.

And to be political for a moment, Why is America great? Because it HAS THE POWER TO DOMINATE, and yet it never does so. Look at Iraq. We deposed an evil ruler, and COULD HAVE installed a "puppet" government to do our bidding in that part of the world. That is what the Soviet Union would have done, surely. But we simply brought about the peace and allowed the indigenous population to fuck things up on their own.

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

I already did prove that logic and truth are not subjective, dummy, and in the process I disproved your claim that logic and truth are subjective.

It's pot possible for logic and truth to be subjective. The definition of subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Logic and truth does not have personal feelings, tastes or opinions. Logic and truth just are. What you are trying to say is that man's perception of logic and truth is subjective. Man can have personal feelings, tastes and opinions. Logic and truth cannot.

Here's the link.

Where's YOUR link? :laugh:

People are intrinsically evil. In the Judeo-Christian tradition, it is called, "Original Sin." The strong will dominate and exploit the weak until forced to do otherwise. You might say, that is the role of Police in our society: to pose as a threat to anyone who would harm others, in order to deter that behavior.

This is why it is imperative when looking at history and even current events, to identify and recognize kind, compassionate, moral behavior, to ascertain what motivated it. Then, exalt that factor and hope that it proliferates.

And to be political for a moment, Why is America great? Because it HAS THE POWER TO DOMINATE, and yet it never does so. Look at Iraq. We deposed an evil ruler, and COULD HAVE installed a "puppet" government to do our bidding in that part of the world. That is what the Soviet Union would have done, surely. But we simply brought about the peace and allowed the indigenous population to fuck things up on their own.
I disagree with that. Everything God created is good.

Evil is the absence of good. Evil is not extant.

Or do we learn them? I think we learn them because Humans are capable of great goodness as well as great evil when unchecked by those around them. Society's agreed upon morality (understood rules of decency) is the definition of morality. Today, the largest 'agreed upon' definition of morality is the MSM and Hollywood.

Good topic.

I agree with that we learn them. We learn from our parents and people we look up to. The church or groups we belong to and their peoples influence us, too.

However, we still have free will so one can do great good or the other. I suppose it still comes down to the person.

We can choose to be Republican or Democrat.

I couldn't sleep that well tonight, so just read about this story and now I'm wide awake :oops:.

"At the age of 5, Kraft was enrolled in the Midway City Elementary school. Although a working mother, Opal was was a member of the PTA, baked cookies for Cub Scout meetings, and was active at church, making certain that her children received Bible lessons.

Kraft excelled at school where he was recognized as an above-average student. In junior high school, he was placed in the advanced curriculum program and continued to maintain excellent grades. It was during these years that his interest in conservative politics grew and he proudly declared himself a diehard Republican.

By the time Kraft entered high school, he was the only child still living at home. His sisters had married and moved into homes of their own. Since both his parents worked and were not often around, Kraft was fairly independent. He had his own room, his own car, and money he earned working part-time jobs.

Kraft seemed like a typical fun-loving kid. While he was academically gifted, Kraft got along well with his peers. He played the saxophone in the school band, enjoyed tennis, and was a founder and participant in a student club focused on conservative politics. Kraft graduated high school at the age of 18, ranking 10th in his class of 390 students."

Afterward, he went away to college and that's when his sexual leanings from high school and the liberal lifestyle swayed him as a collegiate sophomore.

"During his final year of high school and unbeknownst to his family, Kraft began cruising gay bars. After graduating, Kraft enrolled at Claremont Men's College on a full scholarship where he majored in economics. His interest in conservative politics continued, and he often attended pro-Vietnam war demonstrations. Kraft joined the Reserve Officers Training Corps, and in 1964, was a staunch supporter of Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

During his sophomore year of college, Kraft became involved in his first openly homosexual relationship. He also changed his political affiliation from conservative to left-wing liberal. (He would later explain his years as a conservative as merely an effort to be like his parents.)"

So what's so immoral about that, you say? Read his story. He turned evil. The Dems will blame the Pubs and Pubs will blame the Dems.

if we have free will--answer this:
why are over 85% of murders committed by males?...why are females '''''better''' 'at '''choosing''' not to kill?...let me repeat that HUGE number--over 85%

uhm........ girls are better at GETTING AWAY WITH IT????????

which one -

Which one what?

Not possible.

I already did prove that logic and truth are not subjective, dummy, and in the process I disproved your claim that logic and truth are subjective.

It's pot possible for logic and truth to be subjective. The definition of subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. Logic and truth does not have personal feelings, tastes or opinions. Logic and truth just are. What you are trying to say is that man's perception of logic and truth is subjective. Man can have personal feelings, tastes and opinions. Logic and truth cannot.

Here's the link.

Where's YOUR link? :laugh:
Your link doesn't show that logic and truth are what you claimed. That's a definition of something I said. Please try again.

I disagree with that. Everything God created is good.

Evil is the absence of good. Evil is not extant.
So the Devil is good?

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
Or do we learn them? I think we learn them because Humans are capable of great goodness as well as great evil when unchecked by those around them. Society's agreed upon morality (understood rules of decency) is the definition of morality. Today, the largest 'agreed upon' definition of morality is the MSM and Hollywood.

Good topic.

I agree with that we learn them. We learn from our parents and people we look up to. The church or groups we belong to and their peoples influence us, too.

However, we still have free will so one can do great good or the other. I suppose it still comes down to the person.

We can choose to be Republican or Democrat.

I couldn't sleep that well tonight, so just read about this story and now I'm wide awake :oops:.

"At the age of 5, Kraft was enrolled in the Midway City Elementary school. Although a working mother, Opal was was a member of the PTA, baked cookies for Cub Scout meetings, and was active at church, making certain that her children received Bible lessons.

Kraft excelled at school where he was recognized as an above-average student. In junior high school, he was placed in the advanced curriculum program and continued to maintain excellent grades. It was during these years that his interest in conservative politics grew and he proudly declared himself a diehard Republican.

By the time Kraft entered high school, he was the only child still living at home. His sisters had married and moved into homes of their own. Since both his parents worked and were not often around, Kraft was fairly independent. He had his own room, his own car, and money he earned working part-time jobs.

Kraft seemed like a typical fun-loving kid. While he was academically gifted, Kraft got along well with his peers. He played the saxophone in the school band, enjoyed tennis, and was a founder and participant in a student club focused on conservative politics. Kraft graduated high school at the age of 18, ranking 10th in his class of 390 students."

Afterward, he went away to college and that's when his sexual leanings from high school and the liberal lifestyle swayed him as a collegiate sophomore.

"During his final year of high school and unbeknownst to his family, Kraft began cruising gay bars. After graduating, Kraft enrolled at Claremont Men's College on a full scholarship where he majored in economics. His interest in conservative politics continued, and he often attended pro-Vietnam war demonstrations. Kraft joined the Reserve Officers Training Corps, and in 1964, was a staunch supporter of Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.

During his sophomore year of college, Kraft became involved in his first openly homosexual relationship. He also changed his political affiliation from conservative to left-wing liberal. (He would later explain his years as a conservative as merely an effort to be like his parents.)"

So what's so immoral about that, you say? Read his story. He turned evil. The Dems will blame the Pubs and Pubs will blame the Dems.

if we have free will--answer this:
why are over 85% of murders committed by males?...why are females '''''better''' 'at '''choosing''' not to kill?...let me repeat that HUGE number--over 85%

uhm........ girls are better at GETTING AWAY WITH IT????????
getting away with NOT murdering????!!!!!!!!

I think some of it is innate and represents a combination of self-awareness and reasoning. Self-aware people understand that their own well-being is predicated to a great degree upon the actions of others and so treat others accordingly by implementing the same sort of moral code that they would expect in return.

As we can see from USMB, there are simply yfar too many people who are not in the least bit self aware and the application of reason is quite well beyond their abilities. Most here are simply soldiers for their tribe who would support any sort of immoral action as long as it furthered their tribe's ambitions.

Forum List

Back