Are You a Treky

Went to one long ago when they had the captains up the stage.

Other that I like just about every incarnation of Star Trek, except Enterprise..

Although not a big fan of the Voyager series either..
really? I actually like the Voyager series. I will admit it took watching a few episodes before I accepted a woman as a star ship captain. I think thats a bit far fetched even for that far into the future.
and I didnt like when the "Go where no man has gone" turned into Go where no person had gone

Question to everyone: What made you a fan?
I was watching it when it first came out in the 60s, it was a time when the country was really into the space thing, promises of going to the moon etc... It was everything that was right with the country, and it crossed the barrier of race and gender in positions of power and intellect.

Just curious who do you think among the cast of the new Star Trek has come closest to playing their character as the actor in the orginial did? I think it's been Simon Pegg as Scotty.

I like Pegg but hate him as Scotty for some reason. I say Karl Urban as bones...

Never been to a convention but have liked all the different series and most of the movies they have done a very good job with the first two Star Trek movie reboots.

I thought Abrams would do something different in the second movie, than to follow the footsteps and bring back Kahn!

Still liked the movie, however I hear the next one ignores the second movie..
A series needs to stay together.

Star Trek Beyond - Trailer (2016) - Paramount Pic…:

This is a big year for Star Trek.

The original series celebrates it's 50th anniversary this year !!!

So hard to believe.

Other that I like just about every incarnation of Star Trek, except Enterprise..

give enterprise another chance. especially season 3 and 4. feel like it was hitting its stride right when it ended.

I did try and try, I like Scott Bakula, just think he was the wrong man for the role..

Then when they brought out the Borg, I really gave up on it!

really? I actually like the Voyager series. I will admit it took watching a few episodes before I accepted a woman as a star ship captain. I think thats a bit far fetched even for that far into the future.
and I didnt like when the "Go where no man has gone" turned into Go where no person had gone

Voyager did not get the attention that DS9 got. While there were some good episodes, I just like DS9 better than Voyager.

Had very little to do with who played what role, although I hear that Erin Gray was up for this role..

Forum List

Back