Are you an American first?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Labels, labels & more labels.

I got a call the other day from a pollster. When asked if I was Caucasian, Black, Hispanic or other I replied I AM AMERICAN.

We spend so much time focusing on labels that what really matters is left by the wayside while we argue about the merits of heritage. It's 2016, I want jobs for the people. Safety for the people. Less tax burdens for the people.

What the hell does my skin color or political philosophy or religious beliefs or family tree have to do with any of that?

You dont like labels but encourage others to accept the label you like?

Oh, go ahead and just type that what I said was racist right now to deflect. Dont waste time pretending you can answer

I got a call the other day from a pollster. When asked if I was Caucasian, Black, Hispanic or other I replied I AM AMERICAN.

We spend so much time focusing on labels that what really matters is left by the wayside while we argue about the merits of heritage. It's 2016, I want jobs for the people. Safety for the people. Less tax burdens for the people.

What the hell does my skin color or political philosophy or religious beliefs or family tree have to do with any of that?

I have always refused those questions on any form or poll.

I figure it's like drug testing in the workplace --- if we all just refuse to go along with it, they'll give up.

Want my race? Put me down as "human". "American" is not a race anyway.

Ah don' wanna b kounted as sum black

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What bullshit. Unless you can convince state, local and federal government not to mention the census bureau and every other bureaucrat on the freaking planet otherwise we will be classified by race, racial appearance, religious beliefs and political affiliation. Stop pretending that you were born yesterday and get used to it.

We spend so much time focusing on labels ...
Um..."American" is a label.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What bullshit. Unless you can convince state, local and federal government not to mention the census bureau and every other bureaucrat on the freaking planet otherwise we will be classified by race, racial appearance, religious beliefs and political affiliation. Stop pretending that you were born yesterday and get used to it.

I don't fill it in on census forms either. They'll just have to deal with the growing number of "declined to answer" answers.

This will be a strange concept to authoritarian-passive types but ---- I don't just roll over and do something because some authority asks for it.

THIRD BASS :rock:

235.gif

Pumpkin Row :)

I wish the left would stop with trying to divide the country based on skin pigment. The left are dumb but seriously skin pigment that's just freaking retarded.

I don't answer it on any of them forms. Nor sure about you but big brother can kiss my ass.

Forum List

Back