Are You Considering Forming or Joining a UNION?

Instead of getting together with your colleagues at work and pooling some resources to hire a bureaucracy to grow in to whatever is needed to fight with whoever owns the means of production that feeds your families, why don't you consider pooling some resources with all of your colleagues to begin acquiring stock in the company that feeds your families and buy a collective seat at the table.

This is America, Bro'. I bet a dollar you could buy a pretty big chair if you wanted. ;)

Imagine if The Auto Union in the 1960's had purchased stock in the auto industry instead of seeing their job as going toe-to-toe against management... If nothing else, it would have made the shareholder meetings a little more interesting when the plans to move labor to Mexico were discussed.

Instead of getting together with your colleagues at work and pooling some resources to hire a bureaucracy to grow in to whatever is needed to fight with whoever owns the means of production that feeds your families, why don't you consider pooling some resources with all of your colleagues to begin acquiring stock in the company that feeds your families and buy a collective seat at the table.

This is America, Bro'. I bet a dollar you could buy a pretty big chair if you wanted. ;)

Imagine if The Auto Union in the 1960's had purchased stock in the auto industry instead of seeing their job as going toe-to-toe against management... If nothing else, it would have made the shareholder meetings a little more interesting when the plans to move labor to Mexico were discussed.
Unions gave us a middle class.

I support some unions ...

BTB-BHPD-Inspection-Ceremony-10.jpg

It's kinda funny, police unions across the country donate big money to the democrats, who turn around and try to defund the police. Makes ya wonder.

Most large cities are run by Democrats. It wouldn't make much sense to donate to Republicans.

When I worked for the city I was a Union member for ten years and covered by union contract when I moved up to management. Before that I worked in construction in the private sector and made my own deals. But with a large organization like a city I suggest any worker join a union. You have lawyers watching your back and you will need them .Beause ina large organization the crap travels down hill. And it will all land on you. Those Union boys took care of me in some bad situations and kicked butt. Big management all have their high priced lawyers watching out for them with a union you have yours.

Unions gave us a middle class.
Imagine what purchasing the means of production would have done.

The Green Bay Packers will NEVER leave the town of Green Bay because the town owns the team.

Labor needs to buy the means of production and squeeze capital for a change.

The only way that can be accomplished is if blue-chip stocks are bought.
Not true. Any share with a vote counts.

And I would be willing to bet that a crapload of Starbuck$ stock is already owned by the employees and they don't bother to vote the shares when they get the mailer.

Imagine how productive America would be if Management and Labor were a team with a common goal instead of adversaries....

Not true. Any share with a vote counts.

And I would be willing to bet that a crapload of Starbuck$ stock is already owned by the employees and they don't bother to vote the shares when they get the mailer.

Imagine how productive America would be if Management and Labor were a team with a common goal instead of adversaries....
Starbucks only recently agreed to raise wages. They have been in business for a long time, and paid starvation wages for most of that. I'd say the adversary thing has been well established.

How about...

I'd like to start a union myself. Rent a union office, go down to the local Italian club and hire some fellows to be organizers and business agents and muscle some of these local shopkeepers into allowing the union in to skim the payroll.

Could be a very profitable business, but I think its necessary to hire a union attorney to make sure that everything is copacetic as far as labor law is concerned.

Starbucks only recently agreed to raise wages. They have been in business for a long time, and paid starvation wages for most of that. I'd say the adversary thing has been well established.
True. But that still doesn't mean that the employees can't start wielding their stock voting power collectively and change management if necessary.

My point being... The sooner the workers acquire an ownership stake in the companies they work for, especially the very large companies, the sooner the never-ending fight between labor and capital will end.

My point being... The sooner the workers acquire an ownership stake in the companies they work for, especially the very large companies, the sooner the never-ending fight between labor and capital will end.
There may be laws preventing unions from owning stock. I am not sure. But it is a good idea. I know some political activist groups do own stock in some big companies that they protest against.

Forum List

Back