Aren’t you supposed to be running the country?’: George Clooney defends Meryl Streep’s anti-Trump sp

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Sorry, but another unfair attack by Hollywood elite, of which Clooney is high up on the food chain. Where were these same comments when Obama went on the campaign trail for many days and interviews to try and help Clinton win the election? Was it not important for him to focus on running the country when he spent many hours on this?

Regular Americans don't preaches to Streep or Clooney on how to be an actor/actress, don't preach to America politics or how to vote.

One final and obvious note. No, he's not supposed to be running the country, he isn't the president yet...

'Aren’t you supposed to be running the country?': George Clooney defends Meryl Streep's anti-Trump speech

Many celebrities have since come out in support of Streep, including George Clooney, a Clinton supporter and Streep’s former co-star, who sarcastically said Monday at a reception for The Clooney Foundation for Justice, “I’ve always said that about Meryl. She’s maybe the most overrated actress of all-time. She and I worked together on Fantastic Mr. Fox as husband and wife and I will tell you even as a fox, a female fox, she’s overrated.”

He added, in Trump’s direction, “Aren’t you supposed to be running the country? I didn’t vote for him, I don’t support him, I don’t think he’s the right choice. At this moment in our lives we have to hope that he doesn’t destroy everything. The reality is you have to hope he will do a decent job because if the United States fails, really terrible things happen, so you have to hope that he can.”

But, Clooney said, “I don’t see any signs of it.”

Making note of a “lucky” history of presidents, Clooney suggested that the U.S. got “a little unlucky with Bush.”

“I think we’re going to be a little unlucky now,” the actor added.

I don't think one Democrat campaigning for another is quite the same as the President-elect tweeting insults at every celebrity who hurts his feelings.

I don't think one Democrat campaigning for another is quite the same as the President-elect tweeting insults at every celebrity who hurts his feelings.

The issue is regarding the comment: "aren't you supposed to be running the country". You don't attack one and not the other if you want to be taken with any grain of character and honesty.

Outside the obvious and clear bias against Trump by Hollywood, which I should add is starting a dangerous precedence, this is not a fair comment. I am not suggesting what Obama did was nefarious, but I do believe though that if one applies such an opinion as Clooney did, he has to be balanced, or his words lack credibility. At a time where Hollywood and the entertainment industry is at an all time low. The same people asking Trump to "heal" the country, work to divide at every opportunity and on every platform.

It's been this way for some time and the worm has turned due to the "all in", "carrying of the water" by the media and even the Democratic party for Clinton, regardless. I could make a long list, as I'm sure many people could on this forum of the biased and unfair judgement of ones opinion if it comes from the right but not often far more extreme and undemocratic positions from the alt-left. The credibility of the media and these entertainers is shot now, comments like these are why the media trust it as an all time low. Multi millionaires using their platforms to inject political opinions on the masses, who are by and large suffering.

Forum List

Back