🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Arguments like the ones now going on perpetuate the problems.

Start charging gun owners that let their guns fall into the hands of unstable idiots and criminals.
How about we focus on the underlying problem first?
Apparently we disagree on what that is....I believe it has more to do with the millions of guns floating around the country while you believe it has to do with mental health.

Why not address both?
The last shooter didn't find a floating gun. He bought it legally. Therefore your solution would have prevented nothing in that instance.
Link?
You need a link to the LIVE TV shooting? Come on Ravi.....

Last edited:
There is only one underlying trait that all these shooters share, and that's a serious mental instability.
No amount of gun laws will address that unless you tailor a law that specifically targets mental capacity in some way.
The obvious course of action would be to have medical professionals in the field get together and try to formulate some type of plan to tackle mental illness in a serious fashion.
Short of changing the Constitution to ban guns you will never stop random violence and even then it would be futile as evidenced by all the criminals who have guns despite it being illegal.
We don't ban cars because of drunk drivers. We don't ban mini skirts because of rapists. We force drunk drivers into treatment. We jail rapists.
Why not treat seriously the mental illnesses that lead to tragedies like this? Further gun restrictions will not cure the illness that led to this outcome.

The problem is that the mental health industry has devolved to the point to where they only have one answer to all mental health problems...drugs for the rest of your life. I watched these quacks nearly destroy my son with drugs...I managed to rescue him only to lose him into their clutches again...which ended up with him taking his own life.

If some of these folks think the NRA is big and powerful...they ain't but a pimple of the ass of Big Pharma.

If someone wants to do a study that might shed some light on the causes of some of these mass shootings, they outta look into what kind of drugs these people were on or not on.
You'll get no argument out of me on that. When my daughters were in high school they had my ex wife convinced that the only thing one of my girls needed to be more successful in class was a pill. Ultimately it was one of the things that piled on in my divorce proceedings.
When I was a kid and I misbehaved or didn't pay attention I was reprimanded. Now their solution is a pill for everything.
Hyper child? Pill
Under performing child? Pill

It is absurd

There is only one underlying trait that all these shooters share, and that's a serious mental instability.
No amount of gun laws will address that unless you tailor a law that specifically targets mental capacity in some way.
The obvious course of action would be to have medical professionals in the field get together and try to formulate some type of plan to tackle mental illness in a serious fashion.
Short of changing the Constitution to ban guns you will never stop random violence and even then it would be futile as evidenced by all the criminals who have guns despite it being illegal.
We don't ban cars because of drunk drivers. We don't ban mini skirts because of rapists. We force drunk drivers into treatment. We jail rapists.
Why not treat seriously the mental illnesses that lead to tragedies like this? Further gun restrictions will not cure the illness that led to this outcome.

#1 anyone prescribed meds like anti-psychotics gets their guns taken away.

#2 anyone selling, trading an assault rifle without a background check goes to jail.

#3 all assault rifles registered at the state level.

....for starters.

#2 anyone selling, trading an assault rifle without a background check goes to jail.

#3 all assault rifles registered at the state level.

....for starters.

about 15 years ago, I was on one of those prescription meds to assist me to stop smoking.
Your 'plan' would prevent me from owning a firearm

assault rifle?

Who's definition?

original.jpg

Start charging gun owners that let their guns fall into the hands of unstable idiots and criminals.
How about we focus on the underlying problem first?
Apparently we disagree on what that is....I believe it has more to do with the millions of guns floating around the country while you believe it has to do with mental health.

Why not address both?
The last shooter didn't find a floating gun. He bought it legally. Therefore your solution would have prevented nothing in that instance.
Link?
You need a link to the LIVE TV shooting? Come on Ravi.....
No I wanted a link that said the guns were purchased legally but I see that is being reported that they were.

So this was a good guy with guns. Now what?

Forum List

Back