Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

Are you saying it's just gays they should be able to refuse to do business with? I would not agree with that. Either we are free to chose our own customers or we are not. I don't get the logic of singling out gays but forcing us to do business with everyone else.
No. My response was to this or maybe I quoted the wrong person?

"One thing I would support though would be that they be required to disclose their policy so their other customers, employees and vendors can decide if they want to do business with them."

I don't think that's necessary and sort of makes them guilty unless a disclaimer is publicized.

It won't matter whether it is signed or not. Businesspeople of conscience will find ways of avoiding the consequence of being forced to perform personal services for causes they object to. The end result will be exactly the same. Gays will be forced into doing business only with those who advertise as being open to such business arrangements. They just won't have a choice.
I agree with much of that, a business can always claim they are busy, bump up the price or any number of things. I don't they need to advertise anything special, the whole problem is based on either assumptions or agendas. Most gays are not doing "gay" things, a business wouldn't know or care. It's only when something like wedding invitations or ceremonies take place. All it takes is a phone call. Surely there are people that would be happy for the business.

I do occasionally work for gay folks, although not gay specific things. I really don't care and don't know why they feel the need to announce it.

It is actually ALL based on advertising. Read the decision in the Elaine Photography case. That's the correct interpretation of the law and should be the law of the land. IF Elaine had not advertised as a wedding photographer, she would not have to perform wedding photography because she did not hold herself out as willing to perform that service.

If you are looking for a bakery to make your wedding cake and you see an ad for a bakery that does not advertise wedding cakes at all. They don't have to make one unless they want to. It's not a service that they hold out as being available to the general public.

Are you saying it's just gays they should be able to refuse to do business with? I would not agree with that. Either we are free to chose our own customers or we are not. I don't get the logic of singling out gays but forcing us to do business with everyone else.
No. My response was to this or maybe I quoted the wrong person?

"One thing I would support though would be that they be required to disclose their policy so their other customers, employees and vendors can decide if they want to do business with them."

I don't think that's necessary and sort of makes them guilty unless a disclaimer is publicized.

Maybe I just didn't understand your point, you seemed to be still talking specifically about gays. As for "disclose," you suggested a phone call. I didn't really propose how they disclose it. If you're saying they need to respond accurately if asked, then that doesn't necessarily contradict what I said.

My view is that it should be like privacy laws. Government simply requires companies to have a policy, and to follow their own policy. I think it should be the same for discrimination. Companies should be required to have a policy and follow their own policy. I don't particularly care if they plaster it everywhere, I would be fine with your solution they only need to provide it if asked.

As I said to another poster, businesses are overwhelmingly trying to get customers, not exclude them. All this government interference in this is a case of the cure (government power) being far, far worse then the disease.

Personally, that someone is gay is irrelevant to me. But I do think it's stupid for anyone to believe government should be able to force anyone to do business with anyone.

Nobody's forcing their lifestyle on anyone. Just because gays get married doesn't force heteros to marry gays. Fuck are you a noob. If you're against gay marriage, don't marry a gay person, otherwise, it's really none of your business what other people get up to. Pretty simple.

And there are plenty of examples in nature of homosexual behavior, some species are even bi on purpose to reproduce. :eek:

Damn, you're stupid. You can really look at what's going on on the political landscape today, the homosexual couples using the whole "It's legal for us to get married, therefore I'm going to sue you out of existence for hurting my feelings" thing that has SPARKED this law, and REALLY tell us that homosexual "marriage" has no effect on anyone outside of the two people pretending to be a married couple?

Are you brain-damaged?

Ok, it does have an effect, it drives homophobes like you CRAZY! :lol:

In other words, you don't know what's going on in the world, and you don't give a shit, because you'd rather live in the comforting little fantasy land between your ears, where you're a moral giant who controls the world.

Got it. FLUSH!

Absolutely business owners should have the right to do or not do business with anyone they chose. One thing I would support though would be that they be required to disclose their policy so their other customers, employees and vendors can decide if they want to do business with them.
They can decide when the shopkeeper says "no". It makes more sense to recognize that not everyone on Earth is onboard with the homosexual alternative lifestyle and may object. Most Muslims are very much against it, same with any number of religions or individuals. These kinds of problems crop up when one assumes too much.

It makes much more sense to call the store and ask. Old fashioned? Maybe. But apparently so is respecting someone else's opinion.

That's exactly it. NO respect for other people at all.

No decent person who respected others would force someone to do business with them just because the current law allows it.

Who even wants to spend money with someone who openly does not want their business?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Thank you for openly admitting that you are attempting to legislate your own morality based upon religious beliefs.

You are going to have a hard time explaining why blow jobs and anal sex between a man and a woman are not equally perverted and evil to the Supreme Court.

Gay Sex ...
Let's Start with the Health Issues

Gay Bowel Syndrome The Journal of the American Medical Association - Many of the bacterial and protozoa pathogens that cause gbs are found in feces and transmitted to the digestive system. This disease is rarely found in normal people ,extremely rarely , but it is epidemic in the Gay community it's caused by ingesting SHIT. Yes - it's a fact Gays are Shit-eaters

HIV/AIDS Among Homosexuals. The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is responsible for causing AIDS, for which there exists no cure. Some like to cite that this also occurs among normal people but Although Fags represent about 7% of the male population in the United States, in 2010 Gay Sodomy accounted for 78% of the new HIV infections among males.

Anal Cancer: Homosexuals are at increased risk for this rare type of cancer, which is potentially fatal if the anal-rectal tumors metastasize to other bodily organs.

Reduced Life Span. Now the devil on my left shoulder is saying that getting rid of these queers earllier in life is a good thing , but the angel on my tight shoulder say show some compassion even if they are just perverts. A study published in the International Journal of Epidemiology on the mortality rates of homosexuals concluded that they have a significantly reduced life expectancy:

In a major Canadian centre, life expectancy at age twentyfor gay and bisexual men is eight to twenty years less than for all men. If the same pattern of mortality were to continue, we estimate that nearly half of gay and bisexual men currently aged twenty years will not reach their sixty-fifth birthday.

Chlamydia - Caused primarily by anal sex and rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Anal Papilloma - rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) -rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Hepatitis: A potentially fatal liver disease that increases the risk of liver cancer.rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Gonorrhea: An inflammatory disease of the genital tract. rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Syphilis -rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community

Explain that rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community to SCOTUS

May I be the first to ask what in the holy FUCK this has to do with the topic?

May I be the first to ask why in the holy FUCK people who can't follow a thread insist on posting ?

In Reply to:
"You are going to have a hard time explaining why blow jobs and anal sex between a man and a woman are not equally perverted and evil to the Supreme Court."

To demonstrate that Gay Sex {Sad Sodomy} is considered immoral to some, although morals really don't count in legaleez - And unhealthy and detrimental to society

Concluded with :
Explain that rates are extremely high in the Fruit cake community to SCOTUS

Last edited:
Absolutely business owners should have the right to do or not do business with anyone they chose. One thing I would support though would be that they be required to disclose their policy so their other customers, employees and vendors can decide if they want to do business with them.
They can decide when the shopkeeper says "no". It makes more sense to recognize that not everyone on Earth is onboard with the homosexual alternative lifestyle and may object. Most Muslims are very much against it, same with any number of religions or individuals. These kinds of problems crop up when one assumes too much.

It makes much more sense to call the store and ask. Old fashioned? Maybe. But apparently so is respecting someone else's opinion.

No decent person who respected others would force someone to do business with them just because the current law allows it.

Who even wants to spend money with someone who openly does not want their business?

lol, so now we're to where the victims of discrimination are the villains.

Damn, you're stupid. You can really look at what's going on on the political landscape today, the homosexual couples using the whole "It's legal for us to get married, therefore I'm going to sue you out of existence for hurting my feelings" thing that has SPARKED this law, and REALLY tell us that homosexual "marriage" has no effect on anyone outside of the two people pretending to be a married couple?

Are you brain-damaged?

In other words, you don't know what's going on in the world, and you don't give a shit, because you'd rather live in the comforting little fantasy land between your ears, where you're a moral giant who controls the world.

Got it. FLUSH!

Cecille - If you think that was a lame post, you should see some of the crap he's posted on other threads, personally I think it's just some kid playing on the computer.

It is actually ALL based on advertising. Read the decision in the Elaine Photography case. That's the correct interpretation of the law and should be the law of the land. IF Elaine had not advertised as a wedding photographer, she would not have to perform wedding photography because she did not hold herself out as willing to perform that service.

If you are looking for a bakery to make your wedding cake and you see an ad for a bakery that does not advertise wedding cakes at all. They don't have to make one unless they want to. It's not a service that they hold out as being available to the general public.
Your later point isn't the issue, your first one is. No, it should not be the law of the land for reasons I mentioned earlier. I gave the example of me not working for Planned Parenthood on moral grounds. Your kind of thinking would put the burden on the business of provide page after page of legalese when all one has to do is ask. Your viewpoint is about forcing everyone to abide by YOUR morals, that's wrong. It's UnAmerican and against common decency. So no, that shouldn't be the law of the land and hopefully people will rise up and fight back.

Are you brain-damaged?

Just to point out, the two cases that really got national attention were Elaine Photography (New Mexico) and Sweetcake by Melissa (Oregon).

Neither one of those cases is predicated on Civil Marriage being legal in those States for same-sex couples - because neither State has legal Civil Marriage for Same-sex couples.

>>>>

Yeah, and if you think the ongoing battles in the political landscape on this subject are unrelated simply because those states haven't yet overridden the will of the people via judicial fiat, you're even more naive and obtuse than I previously thought.

Conservatives in this thread have finally found some Democrats they can agree with - the racist Southern Democrats of the segregated South.

You're a retard . There really is ho other explanation for not being able to understand that saying someone has the right to do something is NOT the same thing as agreeing with what they are doing.

Its a damned shame that so many Americans , like yourself, are incapable of understanding that simple concept.

Look at this particular issue. Why would anyone object to gays marrying? Let them, they have a right to do so, but they do NOT have a right to force people to do business with them. BOTH sides have the right to be as stupid as they wish.

Notice that no one in this thread has been able to provide one single bit of evidence that anyone is harmed by a business discriminating, instead the entire focus has been on "you Christians are stupid" because you KNOW how weak your case is. Just as those who oppose gay marriage know their case is weak.

words have meanings. Someone who is told "I'd rather not bake a cake for your gay wedding" is NOT a victim. If they try to force those people to bake them a cake, they are however a piece of shit.

Got it. FLUSH!

Cecille - If you think that was a lame post, you should see some of the crap he's posted on other threads, personally I think it's just some kid playing on the computer.

Why are you people so freaked out over gay marriage? Jesus was never homophobic. Why are you?

Got it. FLUSH!

Why are you people so freaked out over gay marriage? Jesus was never homophobic. Why are you?

1.} Actually - Jesus Never was PERIOD

2.} Define Homophobic

1.} Actually - Jesus Never was PERIOD

2.} Define Homophobic

1) Wow, a non-christian homophobe. That's pretty rare.

2) Go look in a mirror.

words have meanings. Someone who is told "I'd rather not bake a cake for your gay wedding" is NOT a victim. If they try to force those people to bake them a cake, they are however a piece of shit.

I own a business in the triangle of North Carolina. The ones who militantly won't do business with people are Democrats who are angry at businesses owned by open conservatives. I'm a libertarian, but I don't talk about it at work so I don't have a problem. But if you talk about conservative politics, your business will be shunned by the local leftist community. That they are claiming tolerance now is as shallow and laughable as the rest of their lies.

I think another state passed something similar to this last week so this must be a trend that is catching on. I agree with this bill that if you are a business owner and believe in and live by your faith that you should be able to refuse service to whoever you want.

Arizona Senate: Business owners can cite religion to refuse service to gays
Arizona Senate: Business owners can cite religion to refuse service to gays

Here we are again with this mindset of "It's desperately important that we butt our noses into how people practice their religious beliefs an conduct their private transactions."

It's really none of your business or anyone else's to either tell people who they have to do business with, or to make them do the equivalent of posting a giant Star of David on their businesses in order to "earn" the right from you to exercise their religious beliefs. (The sad thing is how many people STILL won't get that historical reference.)

You wanna know what someone's business policies are so you can get offended and boycott them? Then do the extra work of asking them. If it's not important enough for you to put out that little effort, then you obviously don't really need to know.

Forum List

Back