Arizona to Los Angeles "No Power For You!"

A zonie is just a derogatory term for those from Arizona in So-Cal. I don't know about all your "statist" claims, and Big Fitz I simply meant that you just completely abandoned the topic you were talking about, conceded that your suggestion would not be the best, and then advocated it anyway.

California doesn't want illegal immigration destabilizing us, that's a major reason why we dislike Arizona's law because it may push them here. Furthermore, as I have proven the state of Arizona has employed and continues to employ illegals (hired directly or through contractors) to work on sites like the nuke power plant where Brock Enterprises were caught with more then 7 illegals.

Get real people, I'm tired of ideologues from both sides of the spectrum ignore reality.

If California is so worried about illegal immigration destabilizing them, why do they allow sanctuary cities to exist?

The reality is, Arizona is not obligated to allow itself to be destroyed simply to stave off California's suffering from its own unwillingness to deal with the problem. Feel free to copy our example and look to your own state defense.

So they won't invade the more affluent regions? that seems like a pretty simple question to answer.

And you're right they are not, which why California is now playing balance of power politics with them to get their way lol. It's weird seeing this happen between states, but fucking awesome at the same time.

Well, I have to leave for Work soon. Will I be Seeing less Zoni license plates on the freeway Today? I can Only hope. I Can only hope.

I'm thinking you will see a bunch MORE as the ILLEGALS immigrate to California. I'd worry about your job, word is they work cheaper.

Let me Check with my Boss.............................

Nope. She says My job is Safe.

Well, I have to leave for Work soon. Will I be Seeing less Zoni license plates on the freeway Today? I can Only hope. I Can only hope.

I'm thinking you will see a bunch MORE as the ILLEGALS immigrate to California. I'd worry about your job, word is they work cheaper.

Good news! I'd still watch the slacking. :lol:

How much are we paying you to post here. :lol: :lol: :lol: Isn't it confusing when break time actually rolls around??? ;)

I disagree. If the people of LA are not on board with a boycott of AZ then there will be political repercussions. If they are, then they have every right to conduct the business of the city on par with how the majority populace has elected.

Tell me, should there be a FEDERAL LAW dictating that such boycotting should be banned at such a local level?

i would be surprised if the interstate commerce clause wouldn't deal with this

I don't think the regulation of commerce between states includes forcing states to have commerce with each other if they don't want to. Of course, I'm not a Supreme Court Justice, so I don't have the special ability to see "hidden" clauses and rights in the Constitution. I think they're issued a special set of glasses when they're sworn in.

I addressed this above. A dormant commerce Clause (part of the interstate commerce clause) and the privilege and immunity clause of Art IV does govern, but AZ has the well litigated Market Participant exception.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2325512-post212.html

HOWEVER, the LA and Fag City boycotts fail under both doctrines!

I think maybe it's time that some people here actually read the letter that Mr. Pierce sent to Mayor Villaraigosa, just to clarify things.

Re: Los Angeles' boycott of Arizona

Dear Mayor Villaraigosa:

I was dismayed to learn that the Los Angeles City Council voted to boycott Arizona and Arizona-based companies - a vote you strongly supported - to show opposition to SB 1070 (Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act).

You explained your support for the boycott as follows: "While we recognize that as neighbors, we share resources and ties with the State of Arizona that may be difficult to sever, our goal is not to hurt the local economy of Los Angeles, but to impact the economy of Arizona. Our intent is to use our dollars - or the withholding of our dollars - to send a message.

I received your message; please receive mine. As a state-wide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona's electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the "resources and ties" we share with the City of Los Angeles. In fact, approximately twenty-five percent of the electricity consumed in Los Angeles is generated by power plants in Arizona.

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation. I am confident that Arizona's utilities would be happy to take those electrons off your hands. If, however, you find that the City Council lacks the strength of its convictions to turn off the lights in Los Angeles and boycott Arizona power, please reconsider the wisdom of attempting to harm Arizona's economy.

People of goodwill can disagree over the merits of SB 1070. A state-wide economic boycott of Arizona is not a message sent in goodwill.

Sincerely,

Commissioner Gary Pierce

In other words, if you're going to boycott, do it. if you don't have the balls for a REAL boycott, shut the smuck up.

If this gentleman wishes to run for any other office in the state, he has my vote. I'll even campaign for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your profile says that you're in Southern California. If that's true, then delude yourself all you like, but you ARE buying power from us. And rather more to the point, California has to buy power from other states, while Arizona has enough for itself AND to sell. So you wanted to know what we have that you would want? That's what.

before i stated this Cecilie i looked it up....the only states mentioned where Anaheim gets its power from is Nevada,Utah,New Mexico and Wyoming....and they have their own Generators if they should need them....now they may have contracts with power companies out your way who get their power from your State....to grab a mega-watt here and there....but i dont think too much comes from Az...if any at all.....Anaheim has always been ahead of the rest of the cities out here (OC) by not signing on with S.Cal Edison,who does get a bunch from your State....and by owning their own Electric Company .....

You know that the plant in question is owned by private corporations, right?

Not the state of Arizona.

Why would private corporation deprive itself of hard-earned money and defame itself? Because of politics ? Huh? :eek:

My point is that they're NOT GOING TO.

This whole thing is a fantasy.

At least make a small effort to inform yourself at some point during the thread idiot. I have posted about three times here, that the point was LA needs to actually boycott all AZ products, like electricity. It was not a threat by AZ about pulling power. It was about LA feeling the pain of actually boycotting all of AZ's goods and services.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your profile says that you're in Southern California. If that's true, then delude yourself all you like, but you ARE buying power from us. And rather more to the point, California has to buy power from other states, while Arizona has enough for itself AND to sell. So you wanted to know what we have that you would want? That's what.

before i stated this Cecilie i looked it up....the only states mentioned where Anaheim gets its power from is Nevada,Utah,New Mexico and Wyoming....and they have their own Generators if they should need them....now they may have contracts with power companies out your way who get their power from your State....to grab a mega-watt here and there....but i dont think too much comes from Az...if any at all.....Anaheim has always been ahead of the rest of the cities out here (OC) by not signing on with S.Cal Edison,who does get a bunch from your State....and by owning their own Electric Company .....

Yeah, your city is an island, totally unaffected by what goes on in the state and the metropolitan area around it. :cuckoo:

Nevertheless, the answer is the same. You asked what we had that you would want, I answered. Nothing you said has changed that fact. Arizona is a lot more than just cacti, same as California is a lot more than just Disneyland and homosexuals in leather gear. Get over yourself.

Yeah, your city is an island, totally unaffected by what goes on in the state and the metropolitan area around it. :cuckoo:

Nevertheless, the answer is the same. You asked what we had that you would want, I answered. Nothing you said has changed that fact. Arizona is a lot more than just cacti, same as California is a lot more than just Disneyland and homosexuals in leather gear. Get over yourself.

look Cec....without calling you a dumbass...im telling you that Anaheim owns its own power company and gets its power from other sources other than your fucking State....it does not go with Southern California Edison like 70% of the place does and Edison does get their stuff from your State....now i know you think Arizona supplies power to even god....but your wrong...so YOU get over your fucking self....

look Cec....without calling you a dumbass...im telling you that Anaheim owns its own power company and gets its power from other sources other than your fucking State....it does not go with Southern California Edison like 70% of the place does and Edison does get their stuff from your State....now i know you think Arizona supplies power to even god....but your wrong...so YOU get over your fucking self....

Look, Harry, without calling YOU a dumbass, I'm telling you that you asked what Arizona had that would be wanted, and suggested cacti. I answered your question, and whether or not you think your city will stand immune if LA produces the testiticular fortitude to mount a REAL boycott, rather than a media-hyped "fauxcott" (both of which I consider unlikely), it was a rude, ignorant question that revealed your self-absorption and navel-gazing. You got slapped for it. End of story.

Look, Harry, without calling YOU a dumbass, I'm telling you that you asked what Arizona had that would be wanted, and suggested cacti. I answered your question, and whether or not you think your city will stand immune if LA produces the testiticular fortitude to mount a REAL boycott, rather than a media-hyped "fauxcott" (both of which I consider unlikely), it was a rude, ignorant question that revealed your self-absorption and navel-gazing. You got slapped for it. End of story.

it was also called HUMOR ....something you seem to lack....and if you dont think your a little self absorbed....go back and read your own self absorbed threads....now it can be the end of the story....

Forum List

Back