Armed Protesters Gather Outside Brock Turner’s Ohio Home

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
DAYTON, Ohio (KPIX 5) — Protesters armed with guns and signs gathered outside Brock Turner’s family home in Ohio Sunday.

Ohio is an open carry state, so the protesters may not be breaking any laws, but Turner’s parents have reached out to local police to help protect their son against any possible threats.

The former Stanford athlete and convicted sex offender will be on probation at the home in Dayton, Ohio.

Some of the family’s neighbors aren’t happy to have Turner back in the neighborhood.

“He’s just not welcome. If he’s expecting to come home, and everyone pat him on the back, say it’s okay – he’s not going to get it from the community,” protester Molly Hardin told CBS.
Armed Protesters Gather Outside Brock Turner's Ohio Home

Do you think the reason he got off lightly is because she recanted part of her story?
Brock Turner released from Jail Early, As Victim Partially Recants Her Story

I don't buy the "partially recants her story." I read the link, no where did I find that in the link.

Just because she won't tell the public who she is, doesn't mean she is "recanting."

I don't buy the "partially recants her story." I read the link, no where did I find that in the link.

Just because she won't tell the public who she is, doesn't mean she is "recanting."

I didn't see it either; however, aside from her not telling the public who she is:
As a prosecutor, I can read between the lines of why this famous case did not lead to a longer prison sentence for the Defendant, Brock Turner. People of the State of California v. Brock Allen Turner was filed on January 28, 2015. The original criminal complaint as filed with Santa Clara County Superior Court, includes counts of:

1.) Rape of an intoxicated person

2.) Rape of an unconscious person

3.) Assault with intent to rape an intoxicated woman

4.) Sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object

5.) Sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object

It is important to note that Counts One and Two were withdrawn by the prosecution. Ordinarily, the most serious Counts in a criminal complaint are plead first and second, with less serious counts plead after. The fact that a District Attorney would move to dismiss Counts One and Two, indicates that even the prosecutor felt they were not proven by the evidence. It is a further hint that the victim who has still not come forward, has partially recanted her story.

Did dhe testify at trial? Is that why he didn't get a more severe sentence?

Little Brock does have the right to defend himself. His neighbors might want to remember that.

Yes, I was reading her "manifesto" as it were;

I am really struck with the awkward and heartbreaking double standard.

She wakes up in a hospital, disoriented and not knowing what the hell happened. She was basically out of control of her own behavior.

Then, she rants with hate and venom, not fully aware that the guy she was with was basically in much the same state. People tend to do things, stupid things, in a state of drunkenness that they would not ordinarily do while sober.

After that, she fails to connect why he would devote his life to drinking awareness, and not sexual assault awareness.

Sure, she is the victim. She was hurt. However, she never gives a thought that he may have honestly felt awful about how that night transpired. Did he feel terrible remorse about losing control over his behavior? Does he remember his behavior?

If getting black out drunk and starting down the road to a "hook-up" doesn't excuse his behavior, why does it give her a blank check to act with wild abandon?

In some respects though, it may be, that he never wanted to hurt her.

I have been reading about that college, "hook-up" culture. It's terrible. Was he a victim here too? I can't really say.

An older woman goes with her younger sister to a drunken frat party and drinks herself blotto, passed out.

One would imagine that a big sister would keep a lid on herself to watch out for the younger girl. But nooooo ooooooo. She gets some young frat boy drunk and wonders how she ended up behind a dumpster. A few years off that boy's age and she's the one that would be in prison.

To me if there is going to be a protest it should be outside the home of whoever let the guy return to his home.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back