Art of the Deal: Germany Looking at Cutting Tariffs on US Cars

Germany’s chancellor said Thursday she’s willing to back lower tariffs on U.S. auto imports as a potential European Union (EU) concession to the Trump administration – just one day after CEOs of Germany’s biggest carmakers reportedly voiced support for eliminating such tariffs entirely.

Germany willing to cut tariffs on US cars, lifting automakers’ shares

MAGA

Another Fake News headline. It is not in US cars, it is on all cars from all countries. Of course the Trump Pravda misleads as always

Does anyone really think this is going to make the folks in Germany run out and buy a Ford or a Chevy? It is not the tariffs that is stopping that from happening.

Germany’s chancellor said Thursday she’s willing to back lower tariffs on U.S. auto imports as a potential European Union (EU) concession to the Trump administration – just one day after CEOs of Germany’s biggest carmakers reportedly voiced support for eliminating such tariffs entirely.

MAGA

Another Fake News headline. It is not in US cars, it is on all cars from all countries. Of course the Trump Pravda misleads as always

Does anyone really think this is going to make the folks in Germany run out and buy a Ford or a Chevy? It is not the tariffs that is stopping that from happening.
Wow, Debbie downer.
it includes the entire EU, not just Germany.
Maybe people over there want something bigger than a smart car.
And if the tariffs have no impact on sales, why have them?
I was in Italy this spring and saw plenty of Fords. Some were models I didn't recognize, but many I did.

MAGA

Wow, Debbie downer.
I was in Italy this spring and saw plenty of Fords. Some were models I didn't recognize, but many I did.

Which is also part of the problem, she does not speak for the entire EU.

MAGA

Wow, Debbie downer.

Which is also part of the problem, she does not speak for the entire EU.
yeah but Germany, does run it for the most part, France is like their henchmen. the rest just follow along, except a few brave souls (Poland, Hungary, Austria)

Merkel's on the run. Sunday she took a major hit in Germany's
election, losing three states. By Wednesday she had already
compromised on their immigration of refugees from the Middle
East. They won't accept any that have had refugee status elsewhere
and they will now have refugee camps to keep them out of ther
mainstream.

Germany cannot afford missiles for the frontline Jets, required by
NATO because they're wasting all their money on that shit coming
into their country from the Middle East. Neither Germany or the EU
can go head-to-head vs the US.

MAGA
They make several of their cars in the USA now so who cares.
Even more American jobs then. Really ticks you America haters off.

Forum List

Back